WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let’s get Serious..

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Straight Up Bad Ass. Nothing says hauling the mail like a rudder boat. And with modern electric thrusters, you don’t even have to have the motors running to slide it into its mooring.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd take it!
If the terms were having to leave the pride sticker...I could put up with abuse...hell, probably won't here the comments over the motors

GB2006

Gavin Says Lake Tahoe's closed
Reaction score
I've got to think that a rudder failure would be way more catastrophic than a drive failure at speed.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
The only SAFE way to go REALLY REALLY fast is with wings. I love Boat’s more than most but they have limits with really bad consequences when things go wrong. And it happens so fast you can do absolutely nothing to stop it

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The only SAFE way to go REALLY REALLY fast is with wings. I love Boat’s more than most but they have limits with really bad consequences when things go wrong. And it happens so fast you can do absolutely nothing to stop it
I think once you multiply "really" fast by two, you've pretty much thrown caution to the wind ;)

Nothing happens faster, and also slower oddly, than things going horribly wrong at the controls of anything fast. That split-second between "Oh crap!", and suddenly challenging the laws of physics, seems to drag on. At least that's been my experience with wheels. As speed clicks higher, the risks taken increase exponentially.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I've seen video of you getting into a plane wearing a parachute. Doesn't that mean it's at least a little risky?
:oops:

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I think once you multiply "really" fast by two, you've pretty much thrown caution to the wind ;)

Nothing happens faster, and also slower oddly, than things going horribly wrong at the controls of anything fast. That split-second between "Oh crap!", and suddenly challenging the laws of physics, seems to drag on. At least that's been my experience with wheels. As speed clicks higher, the risks taken increase exponentially.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I've seen video of you getting into a plane wearing a parachute. Doesn't that mean it's at least a little risky?
:oops:
Absolutely I wear a parachute daily same as a lifeline in a boat. The big difference is I fly 200 hours a year and sure I get out of shape all the time but there’s always altitude to get you out of the situation. Margin for error is key. But when you go 200 hundred miles an hour in a boat and get out of shape there’s not enough space or time to recover from an error. Your on a very hard surface at that speed.

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
Along with the unpredictabilty of your running surface, that is precisely why going fast on the water is more exciting than any other way.