WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let’s get Serious..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
DA41BE14-BC6F-452D-95ED-16EB8D0D0BFE.png

Rudder boats are the shiznit!! If you want to go really fast this is the way.

Backlash

Reaction score
I was JUST going to make a LGBT comment when I saw your post!! Hahahaha!!!

hallett21

Reaction score
There’s a few external rudder schiadas right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
RD has some cash burning a hole in his pocket! I can feel it as he anxiously surfs the web with a smoke in one hand and Beer in the other! The jetmate was "just the tip"!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If I had one of those I'd name it "SHAFTED"

It goes without saying the rudder is full hydraulic 😁

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Straight Up Bad Ass. Nothing says hauling the mail like a rudder boat. And with modern electric thrusters, you don’t even have to have the motors running to slide it into its mooring.

GB2006

Gavin Says Lake Tahoe's closed
Reaction score
How is backing up with a rudder?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd take it!
If the terms were having to leave the pride sticker...I could put up with abuse...hell, probably won't here the comments over the motors

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD has some cash burning a hole in his pocket! I can feel it as he anxiously surfs the web with a smoke in one hand and Beer in the other! The jetmate was "just the tip"!

“just the tip I promise”. :D.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How is backing up with a rudder?

I’m not even sure what driveline is in front of those surface drives, but if it had fwd/ neutral / rvrse I suppose you could use the twins to maneuver

GB2006

Gavin Says Lake Tahoe's closed
Reaction score
I've got to think that a rudder failure would be way more catastrophic than a drive failure at speed.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
The only SAFE way to go REALLY REALLY fast is with wings. I love Boat’s more than most but they have limits with really bad consequences when things go wrong. And it happens so fast you can do absolutely nothing to stop it

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
🤔 does that rudder have a water pickup in it?

To answer your question, yes. The rudder is in the cleanest water, the last thing to leave the water, and the first thing back in.

You’ll see the piston engine cats that are running fast have them, plus external pickups on each sponson.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The only SAFE way to go REALLY REALLY fast is with wings. I love Boat’s more than most but they have limits with really bad consequences when things go wrong. And it happens so fast you can do absolutely nothing to stop it
I think once you multiply "really" fast by two, you've pretty much thrown caution to the wind ;)

Nothing happens faster, and also slower oddly, than things going horribly wrong at the controls of anything fast. That split-second between "Oh crap!", and suddenly challenging the laws of physics, seems to drag on. At least that's been my experience with wheels. As speed clicks higher, the risks taken increase exponentially.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I've seen video of you getting into a plane wearing a parachute. Doesn't that mean it's at least a little risky?
:oops:

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I think once you multiply "really" fast by two, you've pretty much thrown caution to the wind ;)

Nothing happens faster, and also slower oddly, than things going horribly wrong at the controls of anything fast. That split-second between "Oh crap!", and suddenly challenging the laws of physics, seems to drag on. At least that's been my experience with wheels. As speed clicks higher, the risks taken increase exponentially.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I've seen video of you getting into a plane wearing a parachute. Doesn't that mean it's at least a little risky?
:oops:
Absolutely I wear a parachute daily same as a lifeline in a boat. The big difference is I fly 200 hours a year and sure I get out of shape all the time but there’s always altitude to get you out of the situation. Margin for error is key. But when you go 200 hundred miles an hour in a boat and get out of shape there’s not enough space or time to recover from an error. Your on a very hard surface at that speed.

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score

Along with the unpredictabilty of your running surface, that is precisely why going fast on the water is more exciting than any other way.

lavey jr

Reaction score
After watching the live streams of the Catalina Island race today... I found some great pictures of the surface drive setup on Nigel Hook’s 48 Silver Hook Powerboat. Interesting to me they spin them out. Most of the time it’s spinning in on stagger V bottoms.

415E94B1-CB80-40E8-AC5F-C1679858DE1A.jpeg
765587DE-6CA1-4D42-B599-93D3141572CF.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Speaking of serious, whats up with the quad MTI parked out front of Horizon? Freaks me out that its not in the showroom. For sale I assume, is it new or used?

Anyone know the price? (asking for a friend)

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
After watching the live streams of the Catalina Island race today... I found some great pictures of the surface drive setup on Nigel Hook’s 48 Silver Hook Powerboat. Interesting to me they spin them out. Most of the time it’s spinning in on stagger V bottoms.

View attachment 931014 View attachment 931013
Island race? Man, I am so out of the loop. How'd you hear about that? Please don't tell me I gotta join FaceBook to be connected, lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Speaking of serious, whats up with the quad MTI parked out front of Horizon? Freaks me out that its not in the showroom. For sale I assume, is it new or used?

Anyone know the price? (asking for a friend)

I believe the one you are thinking of is Austin Carver's MTI. It is for sale as a new one is on order.

RD

lavey jr

Reaction score
Island race? Man, I am so out of the loop. How'd you hear about that? Please don't tell me I gotta join FaceBook to be connected, lol.

I heard about the race from a Speed On The Water online article. They went from Huntington Beach to Avalon then around the island and back to Huntington Beach.

Nigel made the run in 1 hour 19 minutes

Swain

Reaction score
I saw them running Sat AM, the boat sounded like it was running bad. It sounded like back firing. They ran south down Huntington Beach