WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let’s see your offroad vehicle!

Duffster

Reaction score
My 74 Honda XR75 DG Racer with a new XR100 motor with BBR-120cc kit.
A4BBF765-3135-4A1B-AA48-6304172A9AA9.jpeg

franky

Reaction score
I built this specifically to do the Arizona Peace Trail, a 700 mile Jeep trail throughout Western Arizona. Was going to do a build thread but didn't think folks were in to VW's anymore. It runs and stops but have a lot to do INCLUDING PAINT. Wanted something I could still drive to and down Baja, up to Moab and over to CA and is cheap to build, drive and repair.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I often contemplate seriously selling my car, i will say the Monster Manx is one of few that would make it easier to sell. Specially the red white and blue Pflueger look a like one. Gives me serious wood everytime i see it.
View attachment 814874
This car is bad ass!! I believe it was posted here for sale, and when I reached out to the seller a few hours after he posted it was sold. Was ready to pull the trigger.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
WOW! Some bitchen toys in this thread! I'm super jealous

Those of you with dedicated offroad stuff like SxSs, sand rails, dirt bikes and such; do you feel you are getting your use out of them? I keep going back and fourth on buying something but I'm not sure we would get out use out of it.

I always thought one of the Myers Manx with the newer updated suspension would be cool!.

I do feel good about my SXS purchase. If you want one and are unsure buy a used one to try it out.

I bought a used Rhino first for about $5k just to see if we liked it. That lasted about 6 months and I sold it for a used RZR.

Just have someone that knows about them go with you to look at one. There are plenty of built up RZRs out there with 500 miles or less in them that people didn’t have time to use. If you don’t use it enough in a year, sell it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We’re still pretty new at it but I’d say absolutely. It’s a 3.5 to 4 hr drive to hit water for us. I can hit Silverwood or Barstow in less than half that in the SXS. Takes longer to clean it than get home sometimes.

We should get a group RDP day trip or overnighter planned to Barstow. Would be fun bombing around in a group.

glamis0812

Reaction score
I often contemplate seriously selling my car, i will say the Monster Manx is one of few that would make it easier to sell. Specially the red white and blue Pflueger look a like one. Gives me serious wood everytime i see it.
View attachment 814874

That’s Mike’s car he just upgraded the motor in it and yeah a RDP member used to own it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
WOW! Some bitchen toys in this thread! I'm super jealous

Those of you with dedicated offroad stuff like SxSs, sand rails, dirt bikes and such; do you feel you are getting your use out of them? I keep going back and fourth on buying something but I'm not sure we would get out use out of it.

I always thought one of the Myers Manx with the newer updated suspension would be cool!.
This is kinda why I built the Manx, it's street plated. I've used it twice on offroad trips but use it a lot for weekend coast hwy cruises.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Can't be jeepmotherfuckendog without a jeep View attachment 814977 View attachment 814978

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Badass. Can't get any closer to the beginning of the off road craze than an old school Jeep. I guess we could start showing pictures of horses and shit.. lol

Here is my baby. Been sitting untouched except to move it around for the last few years. Cracked the frame pretty good doing shit I shouldn't have been doing... then kids... and life took over. I have a ton of good parts waiting to go on, plus the wish list to get it back to the trails.

Attachments

• old busted jeep.jpg
    old busted jeep.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 102

Backlash

Reaction score
The same guy deciding on the beam vs. A-arm comment mentioned above. :D

CL is the devil! :D

teded

Reaction score
IMG_3237.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk