WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let me get this straight!?!?!?!?!?

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
The govt wants to approve the "plan b" abortion pill as an OTC drug for all ages, but you have to be 18 to buy smokes, and 21 to buy alcohol.
I have a 13 yr daughter, and I'm having a real problem with this idea.
She's having trouble passing classes at school. I wouldn't consider her qualified to make a decision on buying an abortion pill like buying makeup or nail polish!
I'm not overly religious, but I'm Catholic enough to know this is wrong.

If this rant belongs in the political section, please move it.

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
Having it available without a prescription and picking it up from a pharmasist is one thing, but over the counter where children can have access to it is not safe. You can't get birth control without a doctor's prescription, and a thorough examination first. Plan B is essentially birth control that is highly concentrated and can have more significant side effects. The side effects can last several months. In my opinion it makes it so much easier for people to stop using precautions and be safe since more people are worried about getting pregnant than diseases.

The best thing you can do is let your 13 year old know that if she ever needs Plan B, go to you first and the two of you will figure it out together. If she's scared to come to you, she is more likely to do something to prevent you from finding out.

Boy am I glad I don't have or want kids.

wolfie

Reaction score
You have to ask the Pharmacist and fill out a form is you want Sudafed.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I grew up in the 80's
AIDS was a big scare to be careful, and not "too" promiscuous.

I just don't see how this could be good.
"Yeah Dad, me and Jenny are going to Walgreens to buy make up and nail polish... Oh, can I have $20 for a plan b"
I understand teens do what they do - I was a teen with hormones raging. But, planning ahead is a bit different.

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
I grew up in the 80's
AIDS was a big scare to be careful, and not "too" promiscuous.

I just don't see how this could be good.
"Yeah Dad, me and Jenny are going to Walgreens to buy make up and nail polish... Oh, can I have $20 for a plan b"
I understand teens do what they do - I was a teen with hormones raging. But, planning ahead is a bit different.

It's not good. There is absolutely no reason to have Plan B over the counter. It can be effective if used within 72 hours. Anyone can find an open pharmacist in that period of time. It was intended for a "condom broke" "I missed my pill" situation not a "fuck condoms, I can pick up some Plan B when I get a pack of gum, oh but I can't buy cigarettes because in 15" situation.

I have a very good friend who had sex twice without a condom and he has HIV as a result of one of those incidents.

FYI: I'm very liberal when it comes to these types of things and I completely agree with you. Safety first!

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Man if they had that back in college I would have been dropping it in every chics drink in the bar I thought I had a chance with!

***this post was made for purposes of humor only and should not reflect the actual thoughts of the poster*****

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hasn't something like this been in Europe for quite some time? RU486??
Has there been any study how it affects those that have used it?
I'm not for or against the drug, but I do think if it should be made available, it should be under certain scrutiny at the Rx.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I would support using an EBT card to purchase plan b.
;)

Faceaz

Reaction score
Man if they had that back in college I would have been dropping it in every chics drink in the bar I thought I had a chance with!

***this post was made for purposes of humor only and should not reflect the actual thoughts of the poster*****

:D

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

And show ID and give a thumb print.
I couldn't believe it. Our 25 year old kid was having congestion issues a few months back so me and the wife stopped by the Safeway on the way home from work and they actually did require all that to get it. I sarcastically asked the gal if she wanted blood too, she wasn't amused. :rolleyes

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Really? Over here we just have to show ID. I just bought some Claritin D a couple weeks ago and that's what I had to show them.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Using it 3 times should result in madatory sterilization! The 3 strike rule! Hell, I'm getting Obamacare shoved down my throat! What's the difference?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Really? Over here we just have to show ID. I just bought some Claritin D a couple weeks ago and that's what I had to show them.

In CA you can only get Sudafed (any product with psuedoafedrin -sp?) from a pharmacy and you have to show ID. No prescription is required. In Oregon you can't buy it at all without a prescription.

sent using Tapatalk.

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
In CA you can only get Sudafed (any product with psuedoafedrin -sp?) from a pharmacy and you have to show ID. No prescription is required. In Oregon you can't buy it at all without a prescription.

sent using Tapatalk.

WTF? That's insane all because people use it to make meth! I don't think they buy 1 bottle at a time for meth!

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
One liberal ass Judge.

You have got to love those Liberals

S CP

With respect to controceptives I'm very liberal and I still think that it is too dangerous to put on the shelf where children can access it. I'm tempted to read the ruling to see what the judges legal argument was in favor and who the fuck sued in the first place and why.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
WTF? That's insane all because people use it to make meth! I don't think they buy 1 bottle at a time for meth!

You need to watch Breaking Bad and get your "smurf" learnin' on...

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
With respect to controceptives I'm very liberal and I still think that it is too dangerous to put on the shelf where children can access it. I'm tempted to read the ruling to see what the judges legal argument was in favor and who the fuck sued in the first place and why.

Even though I was raised VERY Catholic, I certainly agree with contraceptives.
This is abortion, not contraceptives.
And they want to make it legal for my teenage daughter to buy it without my knowledge?!??,!!???!!!!!!???
Not on my watch!

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
Even though I was raised VERY Catholic, I certainly agree with contraceptives.
This is abortion, not contraceptives.
And they want to make it legal for my teenage daughter to buy it without my knowledge?!??,!!???!!!!!!???
Not on my watch!

It prevents pregnancy it doesn't terminate it. If you're already pregnant it won't result in an abortion.

However, I agree Plan B has no business being over the counter!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
*** edit ***
I thought it was RU-486 my bad...

Let's ban firearms involved in a fraction of actual deaths, but make abortion pills legal for all ages.

WTF is going on with society?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

sent using Tapatalk.

Wow. If I gotta waste my time to get a prescription for that stuff I'm gonna hit my doctor up for something better that'll at least get me high. :D

72Hondo

Reaction score
It prevents pregnancy it doesn't terminate it. If you're already pregnant it won't result in an abortion.

However, I agree Plan B has no business being over the counter!

X2

When Plan B first came out, it was an emergency thing; condom broke, forgot to take pill, etc. Like stated above it's not an abortion pill. It prevents the egg from being fertilized. If the egg doesn't get fertilized there's no baby. If the egg is already fertilized the pill might as well be a pleasbo cause it's not doing anything. There's no point in waxing a boat that's full of mud and water spots.

The way it used to be was; Teens would talk to the pharmacist fill out paperwork and it would be kept on file. Some pharmacy's limited it to how many times you could get it as it wasn't a birth control method it was for emergencies or "Plan B" and not every one carried it. Looks like times have changed.

OTC or Over the counter doesn't necessarily mean easily accessible. Some medicine that is OTC is kept behind the counter in the pharmacy and you have to ask for it & sometimes they still won?t give it out. I still think people should be required to fill out paperwork for it and kept under strict rules. If its being widely used and they are now presenting it as contraceptive why not make it a prescription like other birth control? If it's still an Emergency thing, keep it as is. If not tweakers, hookers, & Guys will be buying that shit in the bulk. So when someone actually needs it because they screwed up or the condom broke they actually get it.

I'm as conservative they come but the message they're almost saying is "Here's your pill so you can have fun. Oh don't worry about protection the herp gets everyone."

Last edited:

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Don't believe the propaganda. It is abortion. Or at least it can be. Depending on when it is taken one of three things happens.

1. It prevents and egg from releasing from the ovary
2. It prevents the sperm from fertilizing a released egg
3. ABORTION-It prevents a fertilized egg (baby) from attaching to the uterus therefore termination the pregnancy