WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets do this Black Stone

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hashbrowns first, as the bacon cooks extremely fast, I can only eat bacon off of the blackstone now. Keep moving the hashbrowns so they don't burn on one side. Pull the bacon at desired crispness. Now the left over bacon fat makes a nice bed for the eggs, but lower the temperature, because the eggs will cook extremely fast. If you have it timed right the hashbrowns will be ready at the same time as the eggs.

This. Also make sure your Blackstone is level or your eggs will just run out into the grease tray. :)

Get415

Reaction score
So whats the trick to hash browns. First batch was too thick, soggy and were garbage. I tried a thiner layer and they cooked fine but not crispy. Just a weird burn kinda thing going on

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Hashbrowns first, as the bacon cooks extremely fast, I can only eat bacon off of the blackstone now. Keep moving the hashbrowns so they don't burn on one side. Pull the bacon at desired crispness. Now the left over bacon fat makes a nice bed for the eggs, but lower the temperature, because the eggs will cook extremely fast. If you have it timed right the hashbrowns will be ready at the same time as the eggs.
Thanks. It’s a learning process for sure. Just have to learn my temps and timing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So whats the trick to hash browns. First batch was too thick, soggy and were garbage. I tried a thiner layer and they cooked fine but not crispy. Just a weird burn kinda thing going on

You needed more oil it sounds like. They also take the longest to cook, so throw them on first. It took me about 3 breakfasts to get the timing right.

Cook the potatoes until they are 3/4 done, and turn down the heat on them. Then throw on your meat, when it’s about half done cook the eggs. If you don’t have enough real estate, remove the hash browns as they will hold heat the longest.

grumpy88

Reaction score
For me using the blackstone lid to cover them at first so they cook then i put them on a really hot open side to brown them

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I cook bacon first then use the grease for the hashbrowns. But I buy the hashbrowns from Costco in the paper container, like the old school milk containers. Then I do the eggs.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I mix chorizo into my potatoes.

DWC

Reaction score
Rinse and dry them to get rid of some of the starch also helps quite a bit.

oldschool

Reaction score
Cooked a nice ribeye just after cooking bacon, just a touch of kosher salt and it was delectable.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I did some great ribeyes also last night. Sorry no pics..those fuckers were annihilated the second they came off the grill😉

framer1

Reaction score
I grilled up some shrimp last night , I was surprised how good they came out....

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Reverse seared porterhouse finished off with homemade garlic butter. 🤤
A109F661-6701-46F7-88D8-EEC557DED56A.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I also use duck fat prior to using the griddle. No oil/butter anymore. More natural. Ha ha ha.