WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let's give a shout out or a thought or prayer

milkmoney

Reaction score
Whatever it is you do. Rvrrats429, son is in the hospital with a little stomach issue, he said one more night in the hospital hopefully,
Here are my thoughts with little Cole and the whole family , for a speedy recovery and hope you get home tomorrow buddy
[emoji106] [emoji202]

Uncle Dave

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Andy01

Reaction score
I wish him a swift and speedy 100% recovery!! Please share the thread with your son......... tell your dad he should give you $50 for every day and night you are in the hospital. It's like the tooth fairy but for hospitals....... :) have fun shopping little guy!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Thank You all for the kind words, prayers, and keeping Cole in your thoughts.

Our little guy is pretty sick with some sort of intestinal twist and/or obstruction. He collapsed suddenly in our kitchen yesterday.

Because he has Down Syndrome, is autistic, and non verbal it’s tough to pinpoint the exact issue quickly. He’s in good hands though and being poked for blood draws at all hours, sent to CT Scans, and has a team of amazing folks watching his every move.

We hope to have better news and improvement tomorrow. Our parental stress meter is bouncing off its redline.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I had to laugh. I’m using the ATM at the hospital and my eight year old daughter wanted to know why people would pay money to use this...

IMG_0702.JPG

She just assumes anyone and everyone has a cell phone in their pocket.

I actually had to share with her about a time when cell phones didn’t exist and we used pay phones. She was totally blown away and was amazed that cell phones are a relatively new invention lol

Little human minds are awesome

milkmoney

Reaction score
I had to laugh. I’m using the ATM at the hospital and my eight year old daughter wanted to know why people would pay money to use this...

View attachment 612588

I actually had to share with her about a time when cell phones didn’t exist and we used pay phones. She was totally blown away and was amazed that cell phones are a relatively new invention lol

Lol. That's great. So any update brother????[emoji202]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Lol. That's great. So any update brother????[emoji202]

Team of Doctor’s just left and are very encouraged. We will definitely be here another night.

I can’t say enough about the level of care Rady Children’s Hospital provides. The whole floor has fallen in love with Cole.

How do you eat an elephant... one bite at a time. Slowly but surely we are making progress.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Team of Doctor’s just left and are very encouraged. We will definitely be here another night.

I can’t say enough about the level of care Rady Children’s Hospital provides. The whole floor has fallen in love with Cole.

How do you eat an elephant... one bite at a time. Slowly but surely we are making progress.
Good news to read. Keep us updated please [emoji106] [emoji202]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Great news.

Advantage 1

Reaction score

Encinitas? If so, we are 20 mins apart... Be more than happy to stop somewhere and bring you guys some dinner if you would like.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Encinitas? If so, we are 20 mins apart... Be more than happy to stop somewhere and bring you guys some dinner if you would like.

I’m actually not sure where we really are, Encinitas or??? All I know is that we exited the 163 freeway at Genessee (sp.) at 1am Tuesday LOL

Thank You Advantage 1 for the generous offer, it’s what makes this forum awesome, but we’re doing good on that. Seriously, it means a lot.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I’m actually not sure where we really are, Encinitas or??? All I know is that we exited the 163 freeway at Genessee (sp.) at 1am Tuesday LOL

Thank You Advantage 1 for the generous offer, it’s what makes this forum awesome, but we’re doing good on that. Seriously, it means a lot.

:) Right on... you are very welcome! [thumbs up]

cole_skier

Reaction score

View attachment 612588

That might be the funniest thing I have read in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVRKID

Reaction score
Hoping they figure it out and Cole gets released soon.. You all are in my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milkmoney

Reaction score
Bumping it, for update?
How's cole doing and the rest of the family? [emoji202]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Still at the hospital and not a whole lot has changed but looks like his intestine is healing, so that’s positive. Still a possibility of surgery but at the moment he doesn’t need it.

Doctors are doing everything they can to avoid anesthesia with Cole.

The team of nurses and doctors at Rady’s is nothing short of awesome. We’ve built friendships in a short amount of time and Nurses are the backbone of the operation. Seriously, God bless them everywhere. They do so much more than tend to patients. We’ve leaned on them hard with emotions and they’re extremely supportive.

If we can get Cole to have bowel movements on his own we could finally be in our own beds Sunday night. That’s the goal.