WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets go racing boys!...and ladies too.....Burley Idaho Regata

wzuber

Reaction score
Introducing race team/ boat SE29.
This is our first race..
Ever...with anything
New to me/us...boat, enclosed trailer etc. This has been a ton of work to put this all together since basically the 1st of June. I've had help from some great people namely Mike Prusynski, Nick my step and my wife Susie...
Meatball and I rolled out @ 3:46 am. Made a couple quick stops to verify trailer tires/wheels/brake drums etc. Were all happy and operating @ desired temps since I just went thru it all in the last couple days. Next stop for lunch somewhere around Cedar City Utah or beyond. If anyone has any lunch stop recommendations out that way I'd appreciate it. Ixll post more @ lunch when I have a bit more time. I got a thumbs up from somebody this morning just before Lynn Rd. heading the same direction in a black Chevy truck with a black bare hull Biesmeyer style boat...Thanks to them and look forward to meeting them at some point.

Attachments

• 20220622_034616.jpg
    20220622_034616.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220608_120734.jpg
    20220608_120734.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 20220611_120331.jpg
    20220611_120331.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 95

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
good luck and the races in Burley are on my bucket list.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Good luck Warren! I’ll be following along. I know you’ve wanted to do this for a long time. Congrats on making it a reality.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Great looking boat, love the white. With a triple axel trailer, you can't loose.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Will you attend the "Show and Shine" at the Rupert Square? Good food at the Drift if your there. Good news., the water will be up on the Snake so the boating/racing should be good.
Know that the little ol' Burley Idaho Regatta draws a heck of a crowd and lots of boats from all over (mainly the West Coast) I've been several times and enjoy the laid back, relaxed environment- Beer and food trucks are available. Its "good ol boy racing" with guys bringing out their weekend racers- No Top Fuel or straight away drags but its fun watching the races go around the island.
Good luck and have fun, take pictures!

wzuber

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suport and encouragement. Sorry I wasn't able to post thoughout the weekend. I/we were extremely busy. Everytime I tried to post the site wouldn't load on my phone, pretty frustrating seeing as how I had very few opportunities time wise and you all seemed genuinely interested. I felt as though I let you down but I couldn't fix it. I did get a few pix but nothing nearly like I had hoped. The drive out went well but very few posting opportunities between walking the dog, fueling, checking truck, trailer, load in trailer etc. The hwy speeds in Utah are 75-85 mph and I was pushing that to get to my accomodations before dark. It stays light in Utah/Idaho until 9:30-10 pm. I arrived at my condo in Rupert Id. About 10:30 wed night. The last stretch from Utah to Rup. Id. I was running 95 mph...crazy but the roads were smooth and traffic was light and I was burning out my second wind.
On to the racing...

wzuber

Reaction score
Thursday mid day I got lined up at the local Burley airport just down the street from the burley golf course where the marina and pits are located. I was 8th in line. The pits opened at 2pm. When the pits opened the race was on to get the spots we needed for the 3 boats in this team. It was semi-controlled caos and completely new to me. Luckily I managed to get the spots Mike wanted and didnt get my ass kicked by anyone intent on having the same spots we wanted. Lol
Pix forthcoming

One2go

Reaction score
Very cool, On my bucket list.....having a beezer

wzuber

Reaction score
From the moment we hit the pits it was full throttle to save spots and start unloading and getting set up. I was the only one there initially so I had to hustle. The others showed up a little while latter. Next up.. get boats cleaned up for the show n shine at the Rupert town square, check in at the pavillion, meet the mayor briefly to receive a $50.00 gift cert. For coming out to the races, meet a few other entrants in the class, chat with spectators as necessary, get dinner then head off to twin falls airport 55 miles away to pick up my wife and stepson/crew/co-driver etc. Their plane landed @ 10pm. I had no idea where the airport was. Googled the a.p and hauled ass. I left rupert @ 9:10 pm. Made it just n time....
I didn't know these trucks had speed limiterz @ 103mph...

wzuber

Reaction score
Friday morning we ended up re-doing the cav. Actuation sys. While testing @ elsinore my air assist bottle popped a 1800 psi (low pressure side) valve and dumped all the oxygen in the bottle. We contacted Clyde (apparently the only guy arround that repairs these systems) and arrainged to meet him fri. AM to repair the bottle and change out o-rings etc. He started looking at the whole system and wasn't pleased as it was binding so we pulled it appart, shortend threaded rods, re-threaded, re-located stops, brackets etc. and put it back together and it worked much better, no binding, smoother etc. and the bottle held air....awesome.
We missed the boat parade thru town but we had a propper working cav system...a worthy trade. Immediately after that was the drivers meeting, then finishing up boat prep for testing. My session was first, then Nicks. It was his second time driving the boat ever and 1st time at a race or around other boats at speed or otherwise. It is a lot to absorb in a very short time. He/we did very good all things considered. New boat, new race environment, full race gear, helmet, limited vision and a lot of details to remember on the race course..

wzuber

Reaction score
I know.....This thread sucks without pix....
Sorry, but I had absolutely no time to take pix.. It was busy beyond my imagination, overwhelming at many times. So many cool boats there I wanted to get pix of but just didn't have any time.
20220625_150351.jpg
Here's pic of my pit, my wife Susie and stepson Nick and Titan the chick magnet... this dog draws so much attention it crazy. Everyone wants to pet him and he just loves it.
20220625_150434.jpg

wzuber

Reaction score
Friday afternoon testing went pretty well. It gave us time to work out a few minor adjustments on the boat and issues with our PPE. Getting used to the life jacket and helmet was a bit, especially with the helmet being a little too lose. Nothing like having your head turn inside the helmet as it hangs up on the collar of the lifeline jacket while your trying to looking back for the inside boat next to you at 80+mph. Haha
Pulling harder on the crotch straps crunching the junk to pull/hold the jacket down and stuffing the helmet with padding to tighten that up did the trick. Time for a new helmet. Good thing we were remanded to the outside lane as rookies. That took some pressure off.
On to sat....race day.

wzuber

Reaction score
My boyz and Gal did well out there... really bummed to hear about long beach was really looking forward to that race.

View attachment 1131156
That's a first class and very successful race team right there. I aspire to be that good someday...hopefully I can make it happen sooner than later. I too am very disappointed with L.B.
So very tired of the leftist b.s.

wzuber

Reaction score
Sat. Morning....oh shit, it's hear, it's real, it's happening. Prepping the pit, the boat, checking plugs, fueling, talking to others racers to create another slower race class for Nick and other newer peeps and rookies to race in so they didn't to have to race in the gps 105 class while they're running significantly slower
and of course....the drivers meeting. Kinda intimidating for a ol fart like me but fukit were doin this. A lot of rules and info. To take in but we got the main points. Lol
SE's were first up. We had 11 boats in the class so 2 groups A & B. We draw for lane assignments. I end up in group A. They tell me I'm drawing for too....come again? Say what? But..but
Ima rooookie....I draw lane 1....WTF?
then they tell me...oh don't worry about that, your still outside, #2 will just b #1.
Oh, ok...sure...that makes total sense? Whatever....just as long as I'm outside.
While at the meeting we rounded up 6 boats for another class "classic flat" for Nick and other newbies/rookies to race in to gain seat time/ experience etc. We get that worked out with the race directors, boats signed up, fees paid and he's good to go then I hear them call us for my first heat in SE. Oh shit...here we go. Everything was non-stop, intense, all day long from the moment we arrived until the time we left. Nothing like I had imagined...haha
It kinda helped me to not have any time to get in my head a freak out though so that was helpful. The first heat went well. The veterans charged the start and left me lagging on the outside, no need to worry about screwing up and getting in the way now.....lol.... relief. Nicks heat was at the end of the schedule so it gave us time to prep for his heat, get a breath, talk about his goals and remind of boat control, speed comfort level etc. etc. He ran his heat and all went well. He was happy excited, his mom relieved and I was proud of him.
The first one was under our belts and we and the boat came thru unscathed.....
Success...lol
The back side straightaway behind the island really funnels down going into turn three and there's a dock that sticks out at the entry. 6 boats charging side by side down into that turn is intimidating to say the least. What could possibly go wrong?
Note: there were 11 rookies at this race and three were in the SE class.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Do it sooner than later, they're worth it.
This particular boat is a 4 strake canary. It works very well as evidenced by our success this weekend. I'm extremely lucky to have it.
Warren, I had no idea you went racing. I need to pay more attention.

wzuber

Reaction score
The remainder of the days heats all went well. The boat ran great, I gained more comfort, controll and confidence and managed to not fukup, piss any other racers off or upset the driving judges....kuul. I wound up in the LCQ but failed to transition to the finals. I was a little disappointed, a little relieved and very tired so I was ok with that for my first day ever racing anything. Nicks remaing heats went very well too. He was picking up speed, comfort and confidence. He too felt goo098d about his day and felt it a success. After the race day was over we moved the seat back so we could actuate the down pedal better in a different leg position. Nicks a little taller, longer legged than me so he was having a little more trouble with the down pedal. Both of us have our toes up under the dash most of the time while on the down ledal. That's going to be a real problem should we get pitched out and caught between the pedal and dash. We gotta change that. Either. Notch the dash, shorten the pedal, adjust the pedal position i don't know but something has to change there. We spent more time prepping the boat for 1st. Round sunday to aleviate the amount of work in the morning, closed up the trailer and and headed off to a great dinner at Ediths cafe just accross the street from the race pits with the other team members.
On to sunday...

wzuber

Reaction score
Warren, I had no idea you went racing. I need to pay more attention.
Well, now you know....
Try to keep up. Lol
No big deal bud. There's a lot going on in the world.
We're just getting started. You'll have plenty of time to catch up. Haha

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Amazing.
I'm glad all went well.
Let me know if you need help for Parker.

Dan'l

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I know.....This thread sucks without pix....
Sorry, but I had absolutely no time to take pix.. It was busy beyond my imagination, overwhelming at many times. So many cool boats there I wanted to get pix of but just didn't have any time. View attachment 1131140 Here's pic of my pit, my wife Susie and stepson Nick and Titan the chick magnet... this dog draws so much attention it crazy. Everyone wants to pet him and he just loves it. View attachment 1131141
Man, I walked by your pits 100 times since you were near the porta potties. I think I said hello a couple times. I was there with GN 757 that 707Dog posted a pic of.

I did meet @Terminal Velocity

Water Romper

Reaction score
Wzuber- This is a great thread! Its nice to hear how a guy (and his family, dog and friends) get involved in racing. Other than not having the money, time, experience and guts- I would be right there with you.
What was it like racing on the Snake, having boaters within a few feet of you going 80+ mph ( I am guessing here). going around the island and all- I assume it was "bittersweet" - Yes, the thrill of racing for the first time and yet the thought of going upside down....and for those that don't know, the Snake river is COLD and FAST.
I would hope that the more experienced racers gave you some positive feedback and support- remember, they had a "first time" too.
Will you be taking your "crew" on the road to compete elsewhere? Not sure where races are held anymore, seems to be far and few. But again, congratulations getting your boat wet and ( i assume) living your dream of boat racing.
Do we see shirts and hats in the future? ;)

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Man, I walked by your pits 100 times since you were near the porta potties. I think I said hello a couple times. I was there with GN 757 that 707Dog posted a pic of.

I did meet @Terminal Velocity
It was great to meet you @RogerThat99 , you guys did a great job coming back from Saturdays issues. It was nice to meet @wzuber as well. Until the next time.