WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets see your garage

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I’ve went to work for a bunch of days and came home this morning to this! Hopefully next week I can start on the floor

C742A89E-CD3B-49E3-B171-AA36524BE14C.jpeg

BajaMike

Reaction score
Just moved in to my new place, small garage, can’t get my Chev 2500 HD Crew in the garage, (truck is too long) and HOA of course does not allow parking in street or drive way. Want keep this great truck..

D92FF546-65E0-496D-970E-AE05F110C01F.jpeg
14B45A15-9FEA-41F0-B227-FED323FC81EC.jpeg

BlowMe

Reaction score

motormonkey

Reaction score
Just a question and no disrespect to the builder as I don't know. Can one truss hold all the other roof trusses like that?

Reactions: DLC

jones performance

Reaction score
My empire of dirt..

i also got a 50' storage in town with boat and other crap in it.. lol

Slowly figuring out where I want shit placed for working on stuff. Hope to have k5 drivable soon and once I put new suspension and tires on it won’t fit in garage anymore. Sandrail should be back together by years end hopefully. Still waiting on engine parts that are backordered
IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarence

Reaction score
Our garage is a split level - garage below and my office above in the loft. My office has access from outside above of the stairs up from the garage.

Nice!

I live in a downtown condo with two parking spaces. Best for me, but this thread reminds me what I give up.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Your new garage layout looks like the Deacon floorplan by Richmond Houses that are being built in the Gladden Farms area around Tucson AZ.
Yes, the Deacon, It's being built in Queen Creek, good eye.

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
Yes, the Deacon, It's being built in Queen Creek, good eye.
Ya that is the only RV garage they are building down here as well unless you build a custom home. I wish they would have made it a normal two car garage instead of a tandem. That would be more useful in my opinion. Congrats on the new house build.

69GS

Reaction score
Sold the Linc before we moved to NM. Here is the “other” garage just missing Vanessa’s Denali. I guess my other hot rods are JD green and they don’t give them sumbitches away either. DCB/MTI ain’t got shit on John Deere price wise. View attachment 909908

How’s the new house and shop coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Buick is beautiful.

DLC

Reaction score
Just a question and no disrespect to the builder as I don't know. Can one truss hold all the other roof trusses like that?

the roof trusses are Engineered to carry the load Accross the span. Every truss gets designed and caulked out and then submitted to the city for approval. That one is probably double up and it appears it has a Bigger bottom cord at the tie in.

it does look a little weird that they would change direction in the middle of the garage but we only see that one pic, hard to say why It was done that way.

DLC

Reaction score
Our garage is a split level - garage below and my office above in the loft. My office has access from outside above and the stairs up from the garage.

View attachment 919207
Hi Sir Bob
I don’t mean to pry into your business, do you do pod casts, or radio? Wondering what the 3 mics and head phones are for. Did you do anything special to the room to deaden sound?
We built a sound studio a few years back and had to add foam to every dead space and special wall board (drywall) insulation and framing. It was a fun job thinking about how sound travels

sirbob

Reaction score

Yes - I stared a podcast recently called “The BEST Sellers” it’s focused on sales people and sales managers and leaders in sales culture driven companies.

Regarding the sound - truth is I’m still figuring all that out. We have some episodes that I love the sound of and others that don’t sound good at all ! We do interviews and sometimes the phone calls don’t sound good, we did an episode recently where we had more people than mics and the sound sucked!
I don’t know jack about editing and or sound and I’ve been trying to teach myself as we go. I haven’t gotten to the part yet where I’m worried more about the sound quality than just getting it recorded.

My philosophy now is it’s more important to keep posting episodes every Tuesday than it is to have it perfect. Quantity vs quality as we start. We are just finishing our first season (13 episodes) now.

Once I have the process down I’ll start improving the “studio” - right now I can say having a good mic fixes a lot of sound issues!

DLC

Reaction score
My little box of a garage it’s like 7.5 X 39.5

40‘ shipping container in the desert! Ceiling fans, air compressor, drinking lights and work lights! Dart board, color TV And a few BBQ’s / chairs Works great in windy or cold condition.

899F5BA1-5AF7-4EBD-88B8-3965A00AFC44.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes - I stared a podcast recently called “The BEST Sellers” it’s focused on sales people and sales managers and leaders in sales culture driven companies.

Regarding the sound - truth is I’m still figuring all that out. We have some episodes that I love the sound of and others that don’t sound good at all ! We do interviews and sometimes the phone calls don’t sound good, we did an episode recently where we had more people than mics and the sound sucked!
I don’t know jack about editing and or sound and I’ve been trying to teach myself as we go. I haven’t gotten to the part yet where I’m worried more about the sound quality than just getting it recorded.

My philosophy now is it’s more important to keep posting episodes every Tuesday than it is to have it perfect. Quantity vs quality as we start. We are just finishing our first season (13 episodes) now.

Once I have the process down I’ll start improving the “studio” - right now I can say having a good mic fixes a lot of sound issues!
Hi Sirbob,

Where can I find your podcast?

sirbob

Reaction score
Hi Sirbob,

Where can I find your podcast?

Here is a link: https://lnkd.in/dKMRb2A

We just finished the first season today (will be posted in the morning - episode 13) and we will be taking a break for a few weeks before season 2 starts.

PLEASE subscribe - we will be changing the name of it, but if you subscribe you will get the auto notification when the the new season starts in a few weeks (mid Oct?). The tech I use for posting etc. tells me I can edit the name and not loose our subscribers so I'm counting on her knowing what she is talking about!

Thanks for listening !!!!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The house garage:
View attachment 910072

The Courtyard, the two bays on the right are just storage. The kink is that the doors are only 7' tall. The door by the RV is the shop.
View attachment 910073

The RV Garage that just happens that the door is 6" too short to get the RV in. The trusses are fine so the fall project is to rebuild the door.
View attachment 910075

The inside of the RV Garage. The wife owns most of the left side and the loft as storage. :rolleyes: The boat is in there now, it has lived in one of the previously mentioned storage bays but with trailer is 18" too long to close the door completely. I will be adding two feet to the back wall this fall so I can close that door. For now it lives comfortably in the RV Garage.
View attachment 910076

The inside of the shop from the East and West. This is in the middle of a restructuring and reorganizing. I inherited the shelving and benches when I bought the place and then the FIL died and I ended up with his stuff. The issue was it then sat for several years due to family politics. Now I am just getting around to putting it away.

View attachment 910077

View attachment 910078
Much of my storage has its own issues but they are issues I am willing to deal with .......

A little fall update, The shop, storage, and RV garage are getting face lifts. The RV garage is done for the most part, lots of dry rot and about 2/3 of the siding needed replacing. I pulled the roller door and built barn doors. This allowed me to raise the header enough to get the RV inside. Paint is now a dark blue with white trim. Looks pretty sharp. The shop / storage is being worked on now, some but no where near as much dry rot, mostly paint with some trim replacement. The beauty is that I am also lengthening the boat bay by three feet so the door closes correctly. All of this is costing an arm and a leg but it should be good for the next 20+years without too much maintenance. The interior will get serious this winter with an office remodel, built in shelves, and just cleanup in general. Pictures to follow as the shop comes together.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Still cleaning up from the b-day party, but I'll put mine up soon.. I don't think I could do it in two pics though, I love my garage.. :D

RD