WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets see your garage

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Are the prices any good (nowadays) at Ritchie Bro’s? Have to pick up some too. 🙂
It depends. Im not an expert. I think he got lucky on his purchases. They only needed minor repairs, exactly what he wanted, and slightly under his budget. We had been shopping for awhile and lost a lot of Bids because the price got stupid.

ELCHINGONROGERS

Reaction score
garage across from house then i have 3 car that is on the house
IMG_2364.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

rush1

Reaction score
View attachment 909751
Here you go! These are my two boys, 12 and 13. The garage is a 40x50, used metal building. It took me almost 4 years from the day I loaded it, to being able to work in it. Still far from done, notice in the pic, was still dirt in the door panels from sitting outside. I put every nut, bolt and screw in the building myself, but hired out the concrete. A good size building, but done on a shoestring budget.
Love the old Sun machine, grew up working on one of those, I doubt most could even read a kv pattern

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Love the old Sun machine, grew up working on one of those, I doubt most could even read a kv pattern
Only reason I wanted to find one was for the scope. Good when you have a goofy miss...new cars you plug in a computer and it will tell you cylinder missing and such. Finding a worn timing gear or stretched chain on a 60yo motor...find the low tech translation device ;)

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The house garage:
View attachment 910072

The Courtyard, the two bays on the right are just storage. The kink is that the doors are only 7' tall. The door by the RV is the shop.
View attachment 910073

The RV Garage that just happens that the door is 6" too short to get the RV in. The trusses are fine so the fall project is to rebuild the door.
View attachment 910075

The inside of the RV Garage. The wife owns most of the left side and the loft as storage. :rolleyes: The boat is in there now, it has lived in one of the previously mentioned storage bays but with trailer is 18" too long to close the door completely. I will be adding two feet to the back wall this fall so I can close that door. For now it lives comfortably in the RV Garage.
View attachment 910076

The inside of the shop from the East and West. This is in the middle of a restructuring and reorganizing. I inherited the shelving and benches when I bought the place and then the FIL died and I ended up with his stuff. The issue was it then sat for several years due to family politics. Now I am just getting around to putting it away.

View attachment 910077

View attachment 910078
Much of my storage has its own issues but they are issues I am willing to deal with .......

"Family Politics" LOL

Been there done that, Damn worse than a Soap Opera :rolleyes:

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Good times with the Lincoln!
No shit on the cost of tractors and equipment. I talk to Big Rog about it often. My brother in law and I frequent Ritchie Bros too. He just grabbed an excavator and skid steer.

House and shop are moving along. We’ve been in the house about a year and a half. You can see the shop progress above. I’ll admit, I bit off a little too much of “build it yourself“, but it’s the only way I could truly afford to build what I have, where I have it. Between the insane amount of hours we are getting forced to work (Covid and fires) and the kids getting into competition dance, my projects are stacking up 👎🏼
That was a fun car, at some point I'll have another...
Projects will always wait, the kids continue to get older and you can't stop it. Mine are like wallet suckers, but we make memories worth far more than anything in the wallet or any toy. Bonus points when you can include the toys in the memories. You're doing it right. It seems like things always catch up just at the right time anyway. This is probably your busy season to boot without outside challenges, Stay Safe!

PRORACER7474

Reaction score
...and that, my good man, is why I have never attempted building a header. Sure, tweaked angles and added bends, but that is a damn pretzel!
@PRORACER7474 that little guy is bad ass!

I did some work on one way back in the day.
View attachment 910328
View attachment 910329
View attachment 910330
Our Cobalt is what they car a front wheel drive conversion, it has a 9inch rear end, turbo 400 and a Nascar based SB2 394in engine

pkbullet

Reaction score
Are those 35s on a 6" lift? Mine has 33s with maybe 2" of lift and I don't sit anywhere near that high.
35’s with 3.5 lift according to website. It’s a gateway coyote build.

Clank123

Reaction score
View attachment 908675
View attachment 908676
My little 2 car...no boat in it to rig right now...that will change Saturday.
Would love to have more space but living a half mile from the Beach here in Carlsbad is an ok trade off...works out just fine!
Well back to normal now...Just took in the former K390, Distant Thunder for some rerigging...she’ll be running a 383 stroker Small Block for the Parker Enduro this year
D95106C8-C4C2-41A3-87AB-E052B49AC9E8.jpeg

62A564CF-94FC-48B7-B2BD-99B35ACD00D5.jpeg

A11036BC-5063-4B68-B88A-0221E6FEA095.jpeg

As is a typical Saturday here in Carlsbad...some work done in the morning, Lunch then Bench Racing and cocktails!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

Clank123

Reaction score
Ask Steve about the time he met Grich at Grich's house. 😁
I can just imagine!
I’m sure Grich pummeled him with questions after Steve asked him questions.
Miss him every day.

I will be raising the seat up quite a bit so Steve can see over the Steering wheel

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I can get 1 car in there when we travel, but other than that...full time home gym, used every day. Next place will have more garage space so my cars don’t get trashed by the trees.
D9756CEA-35ED-4E8D-A4B7-9630EF78DEA8.jpeg

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
What height clearance is that lift? Do you like it in garage? Was thinking of a one post lift.
I think it goes to 7’, not sure. I have 10’ ceilings in there. It’s close. It’s great. One post would be awesome.

Reactions: SJP

Sherpa

Reaction score
anyone here with a slight case of claustrophobia would have an instant panic attack if I posted pics of crap hole garage. imagine a ski boat on one side, pallet racking above the boat for storage, and the other side holds:
3 tool chests.
drill press.
16x60 lathe.
full size mill.
2 welders.
full size refrigerator.
shelves for parts of projects,
gun safe.
bandsaw, wood table saw, chop saws,
scuba stuff, and under the boat sits a whole bunch of DOM tubing for roll cages.

the carport in front of the garage has:
95ton Scotchman ironworker, 6 foot finger break, pittsburg machine, 4 foot stomp shear, 4 foot roller with doubles as my c clamp rack, beverly shear, 3 shrinker-stretchers, a fullsize buffer, and even more protable shelving and carts with engines, trans, and more crap.

God I need a shop... badly.