WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets talk power steering

fishing fool

Reaction score
I just learned about Sea Star Pro Dyi kits from Amazon. Will this work on a Bravo drive? Which one do I need?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yes, they do work on sterndrives but that bottom link is absolutely not the one, that is an outboard kit.

For a sterndrive, you want the quick ratio helm and they make a ram that threads on to the steering actuator at the transom in the place of the steering cable. The hardest part of the whole install is actually bleeding the system unless you have a powerpurge.

If somebody hasn't posted it by the time I get to work, I'll pull you a part number

fishing fool

Reaction score
Is this what I need then? This will get rid of the steering wheel slop? Is this "power steering?

Yes, they do work on sterndrives but that bottom link is absolutely not the one, that is an outboard kit.

For a sterndrive, you want the quick ratio helm and they make a ram that threads on to the steering actuator at the transom in the place of the steering cable. The hardest part of the whole install is actually bleeding the system unless you have a powerpurge.

If somebody hasn't posted it by the time I get to work, I'll pull you a part number

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Is this what I need then? This will get rid of the steering wheel slop? Is this "power steering?

I dont recognize that brand. When it comes to hydraulic steering where safety is involved. I personally would splurge for the name brand one

Heres the seastar and uflex ones

20200528_085023.jpg
20200528_085219.jpg

The sidemount rams in the pictures of course

fishing fool

Reaction score
Ok. I talked to Gary at Sea Star Solutions. For a Bravo he needs to see what model ram you would need, email pictures to him so he would know the right one. With the steering helm cables and ram it would be around $1,500. For us guys with standard cable steering this will remove all the "cable slop". Looking at what it takes to install its not that hard to do.

604-248-3858 is the number