WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lewis Hamilton bigs himself up and claims 'there's never been an F1 driver like me'

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
Doosh extraordinaire
Couldn’t agree more. Article would be right if this is what they meant by no other driver like him. Freaking look at me generation fueled by rules that left them the only contender. Glad to see him on the other foot last year for a change.

Boat 405

Reaction score
He is the epitome of "entitlement". Yes he has some incredible driving ability, but he will never match that of Senna, Fangio, Schumacher, Prost, Lauda..... In no particular order.

Cole 392

Reaction score
I remember when this idiot said he was parking his exotic car collection to fight “climate change”, paparazzi caught him two months later driving his pagani..

old rigger

Reaction score
Friend of mine who's really into motor sports sent me this a while back.

33295408-0-image-m-24_1600336929072.jpg

yuppie

Reaction score
Drivers need some ego in order to survive in the sport, but... Wasn't he beat by Verstappen a few times by now?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Seems he’s actually done a great job in years past from reading that article, but to puff his chest after not winning a single race this year seems quite ignorant.

playdeep

Reaction score
He's kind of the formula 1 version ego wise of bubba wallace...they're both woke.
Although bubba under performs yearly in excellent equipment...

Flatsix66

Reaction score
If it weren't for the lucky move from Mclaren to Merc he would be more humble.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Anything for clicks; these guys make as much off the track as they do on....... he is good driver regardless of the shit outside the car...Merc's were not competitive last year; at least the first 2/3rd's of the season....

Can't wait for this season and see the 2nd year improvements from all teams with this newer car...

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Can you imagine the Tail this guy pulls down all over the world! Hopefully he is not white from the waist down 🤣

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm done with F 1 where only 10 teams fighting to the end, mostly following one another, waiting for chance to pass. will be interesting to watch Hamilton and Leclerc both driving Ferrari and still be beaten by Verstappen.;)
What's much more interesting is the 24 hr Le Mans and Rolex Daytone 24 hr fighting through traffic in four different class of cars.
I'd love to see all the top drivers put in identical cars like vintage Formulas of same power !
Like the old guys Fangio, Nouvolari, Jim Clark, Surtees, Moss who all were greats.

Last edited:

HST4ME

Reaction score
Fuck f1 it's been dead since the end of the v 10. Hamilton needs to just prance his ass down some fashion runway, they screw Andretti and now want to add a Shitcago street race. Fuck all that.

GF and I had plans next year to go to Italy and pair up Spa and Monza again, nope. I think I'll roll that over into a New Zealand jet boating vacation.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Announced on Feb 1. Black History Month. Publicity stunt propaganda bullshit.

And fuck that guy,,,, sure he can drive, but he's just another tool for the machine.

sirbob

Reaction score
Tough couple of days for an American F1 fan.

The disrespect shown to Andretti and now the fact the LH is going to big red?

Almost too much to bear.

And when is Lewis going to come out as bi? All his flag waving in the Middle East with his flag helmets etc would carry more weight if he just came out himself?

530RL

Reaction score
Tough couple of days for an American F1 fan.

The disrespect shown to Andretti and now the fact the LH is going to big red?

Almost too much to bear.

And when is Lewis going to come out as bi? All his flag waving in the Middle East with his flag helmets etc would carry more weight if he just came out himself?
Under the new agreements with Liberty, the teams are essentially franchises. Like an NBA or NFL franchise. They are worth a ton of money as both Alpine and McClaren have had recent capital events indicating the market value.

If Andretti or any team wants in, the other franchises want to get paid as their cut of the revenue will go down short term. No different than an expansion sports team. You have to pay the other franchise owners and the league to get in the club. Otherwise, accepting a new team without appropriate compensation is the other teams just giving away some of their value.

sirbob

Reaction score
Under the new agreements with Liberty, the teams are essentially franchises. Like an NBA or NFL franchise. They are worth a ton of money as both Alpine and McClaren have had recent capital events indicating the market value.

If Andretti or any team wants in, the other franchises want to get paid as their cut of the revenue will go down short term. No different than an expansion sports team. You have to pay the other franchise owners and the league to get in the club. Otherwise, accepting a new team without appropriate compensation is the other teams just giving away some of their value.

I fully understand the model.

I also remember when Liberty bought out Bernie they offered all the teams a true franchise model and none of them took up the offer by the deadline.

So it’s not a franchise. Liberty literally offered them the same exact model as the US professional sports like NBA, NFL, etc. and they all flatly turned it down.

In the concord agreement there is a 200 million dollar buy in to be shared buy the teams to bridge the first couple of years and Andretti has of course stated that without question they will pay it. It’s there for the exact reason you brought up in your comments. If the number isn’t big enough, negotiate a new number. It doesn’t feel like this is about the rev.

Fuck the other teams - are they going to quit? Ok maybe one decides to close shop because of reduced revenue?? Now they are right back where they were before with 10.

This seems personal. Did you read that statement F1 put out? Almost every point they made against Andretti could be looked at through the lens of the last 3 to 5 years and proven that they did the exact opposite for other teams like Haas, the team now known as Aston Martin, the Audi situation, etc…. Pretty goddamn arrogant of F1 to say flat out Andretti won’t be competitive therefore we won’t consider them. Really? Haas came in in their first year and blew the fucking doors off the bottom half of the grid. Why wouldn’t you give a team like Andretti at least the same respect?

Last edited:

chadzilla

Legend Performance Marine
Reaction score
Leave it to RDP to get me all wound up... I will admit to not watching much F1 anymore so I didn't know about this Andretti deal. You mean to tell me that F1 has denied Andretti to have a team in F1??? Maybe the guys running F1 should look at Mario's racing career. It would make Hamilton look like a fucking rookie. Hamilton has more F1 titles and race wins but has he won races in Indy car, NASCAR, IMSA.. Fuck, he has race wins in damn near every form of car racing on the planet!! If anyone knows how to win a race it's Mario Andretti. You can't talk about legends in Indy Car, CART or F1 without mentioning Andretti. I realized how much of a filthy rich person sport F1 is when I considered getting tickets to the Vegas race. Fuck-Oh-Dear...

petie6464

Reaction score
No other driver who's gay enough to have a hairdo that looks like a pineapple upside-down cake. 🌈

spectras only

Reaction score
I've read the snub towards Andretti in a french version in translate. It came acrooss as if Maro's drivers are not competitive, not the technical and financial aspect?

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I hate the fact I'll have to root for the guy. Fuck me. I'm triggered like a liberal with TDS. ARRRRGGGGHHHH

530RL

Reaction score
I fully understand the model.

I also remember when Liberty bought out Bernie they offered all the teams a true franchise model and none of them took up the offer by the deadline.

So it’s not a franchise. Liberty literally offered them the same exact model as the US professional sports like NBA, NFL, etc. and they all flatly turned it down.

In the concord agreement there is a 200 million dollar buy in to be shared buy the teams to bridge the first couple of years and Andretti has of course stated that without question they will pay it. It’s there for the exact reason you brought up in your comments. If the number isn’t big enough, negotiate a new number. It doesn’t feel like this is about the rev.

Fuck the other teams - are they going to quit? Ok maybe one decides to close shop because of reduced revenue?? Now they are right back where they were before with 10.

This seems personal. Did you read that statement F1 put out? Almost every point they made against Andretti could be looked at through the lens of the last 3 to 5 years and proven that they did the exact opposite for other teams like Haas, the team now known as Aston Martin, the Audi situation, etc…. Pretty goddamn arrogant of F1 to say flat out Andretti won’t be competitive therefore we won’t consider them. Really? Haas came in in their first year and blew the fucking doors off the bottom half of the grid. Why wouldn’t you give a team like Andretti at least the same respect?

This part of the letter to Andretti is very interesting.

1. Having had the opportunity to consider the Applicant’s responses together with our own deliberations, we subsequently wrote to the Applicant on 12 December 2023 extending an invitation to an in-person meeting at our offices in order for the Applicant to present its application, but the Applicant did not take us up on this offer.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
$63m per year is a smoking great deal when signing that tool makes your market cap go up by $7 Billion. Might be time to tune out of F-1. Arrogant pricks. Time for American F-1 fans to boycott F-1.

The market cap went up due to the earnings report that came out the day before. They had good profits, had nothing to do with lewis

sirbob

Reaction score
This part of the letter to Andretti is very interesting.

1. Having had the opportunity to consider the Applicant’s responses together with our own deliberations, we subsequently wrote to the Applicant on 12 December 2023 extending an invitation to an in-person meeting at our offices in order for the Applicant to present its application, but the Applicant did not take us up on this offer.
And interestingly, I recall Andretti saying in there response they did do an in person meeting?

I wonder what that’s all about?