WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lexus parts connection?

XX14

Reaction score
Does anyone have ideas on where I can purchase lexus parts besides the dealer? We just purchased a 2009 RX350 and the dimmer switch/trip meter switch was broken. The dealer wants $265. Looks like a pretty simple install if I could just order the right part. Thanks for your thoughts.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Does anyone have ideas on where I can purchase lexus parts besides the dealer? We just purchased a 2009 RX350 and the dimmer switch/trip meter switch was broken. The dealer wants $265. Looks like a pretty simple install if I could just order the right part. Thanks for your thoughts.
Try rockauto.com:thumbsup

XX14

Reaction score
Thanks much. Unfortunately they don't seem to carry this piece. Anyone else?

alohajeff

Reaction score
Try Parts.com

Shipping can be high but the prices are excellent and the parts ship from actual dealerships from around the country.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

We have a 2008 RX350. If you want genuine Lexus parts, you might want to try a Toyota dealer or parts website. A lot of parts are the same except when you buy from a Toyota dealer, they are way less. Just get the part # from Lexus and call Toyota, you'll get a big discount. The Thundra and other Toyota models use the same exact parts. Also, if you need service done, call around Toyota dealers. A lot of them will service the RX350 for a fraction of the cost of what Lexus will charge.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I forgot one thing! I do not know where you live, but call several Toyota dealers. I'll give you an example; If I go to Toyota of Tustin, a quart of transmission fluid will cost $13+. I can purchase the same quart at Autonation of Irvine for $6. So, do your homework.

XX14

Reaction score
Thanks much. We're in San Antonio this is a visible interior piece so I'm not sure a Toyota part will work. I'm looking at all the parts sites but I can't find the part#.

XX14

Reaction score
Part # is 84119 sandalwood. Dealer price for the part is $160. $100 charge to pop it in seems excessive.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
PM Pronstar ... he would have a good idea and should be able to help you. :thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm a factory/dealer guy, unfortunately. I'm not help for aftermarket replacement parts.

My best suggestion is to google "Lexus discount parts". I just did and a bunch of forum results came up. Keep in mind that dealers are all different, and some have made a good business out of offer mail-order parts at a discount.

530RL

Reaction score
To the best of my recollection, Lexus trim parts discount is 35%. You can probably find a dealer who can give you 20% or so off. So if you mail order it, you might get a 32 dollar savings less shipping. If the local dealer will not sell you the part over the counter, I can get it for you.

XX14

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up ordering from lexuspartsnow delivered for $135. Still pretty pricey but much better than having the dealer do it.