WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC Property Tax Error?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
So the Havasu Herald, often a questionable news source, reports the Property Tax Statements recently sent to those living in the LHC School district were incorrect. They stated they were in error in the amount of a $4.5 million over charge. HH further stated tax payers should not pay this recent incorrect statement. We should wait until we receive the "corrected tax statement".

Does any inmate have any further info on this? I do not feel comfortable taking the advice of the Havasu Herald on my property tax obligation. Wait? How long should we wait? Has the Mohave County Treasurer acknowledged an errant tax bill was sent? We just want to pay our "correct tax" in one lump sum and move on.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Pay the bill. If there is an error, they will issue you a credit.
Oh sure. And since it's over $600, the IRS will monitor our bank transaction?? I can hear Louie Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World" in the background.

And what was the cost to us taxpayers for the County Treasurer to send out these errant tax statements? I smell a Shit Show.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Oh sure. And since it's over $600, the IRS will monitor our bank transaction?? I can hear Louie Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World" in the background.

And what was the cost to us taxpayers for the County Treasurer to send out these errant tax statements? I smell a Shit Show.

Well now you have me curious.. I’m going to go look at my statements now. I was just notified they were ready for viewing this week.

EDIT: Mine are exactly the same as they were for 2020, to the penny. I view and pay my property tax bills online, none are mailed to me.

Last edited:

236eagledave

Reaction score
The county mailed out corrected tax bills. Got mine a few days ago. Basically the paper was correct.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
So the Havasu Herald, often a questionable news source, reports the Property Tax Statements recently sent to those living in the LHC School district were incorrect. They stated they were in error in the amount of a $4.5 million over charge. HH further stated tax payers should not pay this recent incorrect statement. We should wait until we receive the "corrected tax statement".

Does any inmate have any further info on this? I do not feel comfortable taking the advice of the Havasu Herald on my property tax obligation. Wait? How long should we wait? Has the Mohave County Treasurer acknowledged an errant tax bill was sent? We just want to pay our "correct tax" in one lump sum and move on.
The portion of our tax bill dealing with the school tax was only $11 more than last year, so I'm assuming mine was already corrected, if it wasn't seems like it would be a much greater difference.
I tried calling the county, good luck, could only leave a message on all options.
On Buster Johnsons FB page it say's the tax rate should be .2% instead of .7% and to look at the bill, Only problem with that is, the tax bill only have the % of tax for your entire bill and not the actual tax rate.
I'm just going to pay half and if it's wrong they can adjust the next six months.

Last edited:

WildWilly

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that online my tax due is just over $100 less than the paper statement, and then I see this post. Guess I'll have to check

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that online my tax due is just over $100 less than the paper statement, and then I see this post. Guess I'll have to check
How long ago did you get your bill? I got mine the same day of the news paper article, and it doesn't seem out of line. Maybe I need to check on line.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I got it last week, honestly not even sure why I went online and checked but glad I did.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Well now you have me curious.. I’m going to go look at my statements now. I was just notified they were ready for viewing this week.

EDIT: Mine are exactly the same as they were for 2020, to the penny. I view and pay my property tax bills online, none are mailed to me.
Spoke with the County this morning. They said corrected statements, for those living in the Havasu School District, should receive corrected statements this week. She also directed me to a Mohave.gov site where we can view the corrected statement. I went there, entered the requested info, the site isn’t working at this time. I’m not big on overpaying a govt agency, which admittedly has already made a mistake, then assume I’ll receive a correct return. If that’s the way you roll, go for it.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I just went online to check it out. I pulled up my statement online and it was the same as what I received in the mail. When I went to make payment, the dollar amount was less than the statement. As of today, the correct amount only appears when you make payment.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We got the notice...and were told a new one would be mailed to us...and to not pay until the corrected one is sent.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The county mailed out corrected tax bills. Got mine a few days ago. Basically the paper was correct.
If you've only received one property tax statement and live in the Havasu School District, that statement is likely in error. Spoke with Mohave County this morning and they said the corrected statements should arrive in the mail later this week.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Our online statement is about 70 bucks less than the paper one. Have not received a corrected statement through the mail.

jadenchick

Reaction score
I called and they said they are going to apply the credit to next years tax bill. Mine is a $140 credit.

Clearmax

Reaction score
I received the email today for over payment. You have to request a refund by email