WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC shop help

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I’m out in Havasu this week, my family and another family. I have the only boat. Launch this morning from the springs and heading out, kids are stoked to be on the boat. Out of nowhere the thing falls on its face like someone pinched the fuel line. Motor did not die and picked up again after about 45 seconds, and then did it again. Limped it back to the springs to get the kids some AC and let them play some games. First call was to Shane at Havasu marine specialties, very nice on the phone, but doesn’t work on 95 merc 2.5 OB i have. Shane was kind enough to recommend Joe at Havasu hot laps, tried calling the number on google but nothing. Thinking maybe they are closed on monday? Talked to the shop at the springs since i was there and they said sounds like a fuel pump calling it quits but wont touch it for atleast 3 months. We are staying on Mohican off of mculloch until Thursday, i know its a HUGE long shot, but any one have an idea of a shop in the area before i stick this thing back in storage and tell the kids play in the pool for the week?

RaceTec

Reaction score
I wonder if any of the guys from the Outboard Church might know someone?

bk2drvr

Reaction score
If you don't have any luck in Havasu you might call Premier in Needles and see if they will diag it real quick and maybe its something easy. Good luck!

boater250s

Reaction score
Call Mario at So Cal Speed and Marine, Lou is still there. 928-733-6330.

azsunfun

Reaction score
check fuel filter? sounds like starving carb problem, throwing this out there did you pick up crap around prop?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
isn't there a shop at the Springs? Not a 100% but I'm pretty sure I've seen them working on boats

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Keep calling Joe, sometimes he just can't get to the phone, Lew at So Cal is also a good option as well as Ritchie at Lakeland. All these guys are super busy so just keep calling till you get someone on the phone.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Joe @ Hot Laps along with Fallon have helped me in the past. Sorry I'm not more help, good luck

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Such a bummer. Best of luck to getting it back up and running.

Groper

Reaction score
I would think it's going to something pretty simple fuel related, check everything.

https://www.lakelandmarine.net has helped me out with a quick service in 2hrs.

I don't what happened to Joe @ HotLaps it's been pretty quiet over there.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
From what Rich told me its either ignition or fuel pump. Both super common with these motors apparently. This is my first OB motor, i have no clue what I’m looking at under the cowl.

Reactions: DWC

azsunfun

Reaction score
From what Rich told me its either ignition or fuel pump. Both super common with these motors apparently. This is my first OB motor, i have no clue what I’m looking at under the cowl.
wait for the help that was offered. good folks agound the area.