WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC to Grand Canyon

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Did this run last week. 3.5 hrs from our south side LHC home to the GC south rim Visitors Center, included a 15-20 min stop in Seligman. GC was not crowded. We did the Hermits Road route. Spent about 3-4 hrs at the Canyon. Then 1 hr back to Williams where we had rooms for the night. Diner at Rod's Steak House was really very good. Next morning, after Rt 66 Diner good breakfast, just an easy 2.5 hrs back to our house. Great time of year for this trip.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
We did this trip 2 weeks ago.. Took the train into the south rim. Then back to.williams for a night. Next day took old route 66 back to.kingman..then rounded out the trip with 2 days at the river.. Great times!

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
It’s a great trip from havasu if you go completely off-road too!!!

2Driver

Reaction score
It’s a great trip from havasu if you go completely off-road too!!!

We passed people while off roading north of cottonwood that were off roading from New River (just north of Phx) to the south rim and back. Shit who knew? Trails, for the most part, the whole way.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
You guys gotta stop for lunch or breakfast at Lilo’s in Seligman. Best food ever. The chicken fried steak and eggs is to die for, but be sure to bring your appetite as portions are huge.
We love Lilos. Crazy, my mom's family is from Seligman so I grew up visiting relatives out there every year and Lilos and the Snowcap were always a favorite for us. When I got older, we would always hang out at the Black Cat bar.

If any of you guys do that trip, the Grand Canyon Caverns on Route 66 between Seligman and Kingman is a fun stop, especially for kids.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I’m going to make a run soon myself. Fun times