WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lift kits vs leveling kit

parker guy

Reaction score
Looking for advise, just purchased 2019 Chevy 2500

Would you do a lift kit or leveling kit

HCP3

Reaction score
Depends on your budget. On an independent suspension truck, anything beyond a 2" leveling kit is going to be 4-5 X the price of said leveling kit.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
If you want it to ride well do a lift. I would go with the CST 4-6” STL(Stock Torsion Location) lift. Not too expensive and rides awesome. I have it on my 2016. I did have the Cognito leveling kit with all upgraded parts and it was nice, but nothing compared to this kit. I am running 37’s on new one and I have it set at 5”. Best price on the kit you will find check out New Level Motorsports in Poway. Free shipping and prices are lowest I found. I had it shipped then had my buddy’s shop install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parker guy

Reaction score
If you want it to ride well do a lift. I would go with the CST 4-6” STL(Stock Torsion Location) lift. Not too expensive and rides awesome. I have it on my 2016. I did have the Cognito leveling kit with all upgraded parts and it was nice, but nothing compared to this kit. I am running 37’s on new one and I have it set at 5”. Best price on the kit you will find check out New Level Motorsports in Poway. Free shipping and prices are lowest I found. I had it shipped then had my buddy’s shop install.

Thanks for your help...this is exactly what I was wanting to hear...

robby dmax

Reaction score
How much do you wanna spend? How high do you want to go?
You can do the BDS coil over level kit and run 35’s.
Or you can do the BDS 6.5 coil over and get rid of the torsion bars.
If that is to much you can look at the standard BDS 6.5 kit

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I'm running 33's on my 2011 2500 HD, all I did was a 1-1/4" crank on the torsion bars (there's about 3" of "adjustment"). Custom Truck in San Dimas did it and did some cutting behind the fenders and installed a custom metal cover piece. It rides the same (like a 3/4 ton truck), the tires don't rub, but going to a bigger than stock tire my mileage went down about 2 mpg. It cost me around $500.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I asked my self that question about 3 month ago. I was buying new tires and wanted to go little bigger. I ended up just doing a 2 inch level. Rides good and got the look I want when I got the new tires. But its my daily driver and I drive allot. No point to a lifted truck that is 80% on the freeway unless its just for looks. IMO

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Since were on this subject can anybody recommend a good place to get a leveling kit installed in SoCal ?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I'm running 33's on my 2011 2500 HD, all I did was a 1-1/4" crank on the torsion bars (there's about 3" of "adjustment"). Custom Truck in San Dimas did it and did some cutting behind the fenders and installed a custom metal cover piece. It rides the same (like a 3/4 ton truck), the tires don't rub, but going to a bigger than stock tire my mileage went down about 2 mpg. It cost me around $500.

NorCal tuck is the trimming needed. Youtube has a bunch of DIY videos for anyone interested.

spark2678

Reaction score
2017 GMC 2500 Denali
Did a torsion lift with aftermarket torsion keys. If you go up 2" your upper control arms will be almost riding on the bump stops. I went with aftermarket Kryptonite upper controls arms and ball joints. The truck rides great! Been on for about a year.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Since were on this subject can anybody recommend a good place to get a leveling kit installed in SoCal ?

Depends, what kind of truck and what kit? Ford/Ram, CJC in Bellflower. Chevy, IDK, not a fan.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have been talking with Brandon quite a bit from big o tires Anaheim, not sure his RDP name but he has been very helpful and I have yet to spend any money, yet!

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I don’t know anyone down there I have some buddies that live in that area I will ask and get some info for you🤙

She's Mine

Reaction score

I just did the CST 4-6" on my 2018 2500HD Denali. Truck still rides awesome. I went 5" front with a 2 1/2" block in the back and the truck sits level. I'm running 35" tires on mine, not sure how @shippingguy got 37" on his as that is what I wanted and the shop said they wouldn't fit. I researched and researched going with a leveling kit or lift kit and so happy that I went with the lift.

@shippingguy can you post some pics of your truck or send me a pic of it? Did you have to do any trimming on the inner fender liner? Do you have the AMP power steps?
TIA for the info.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I just did the CST 4-6" on my 2018 2500HD Denali. Truck still rides awesome. I went 5" front with a 2 1/2" block in the back and the truck sits level. I'm running 35" tires on mine, not sure how @shippingguy got 37" on his as that is what I wanted and the shop said they wouldn't fit. I researched and researched going with a leveling kit or lift kit and so happy that I went with the lift.

@shippingguy can you post some pics of your truck or send me a pic of it? Did you have to do any trimming on the inner fender liner? Do you have the AMP power steps?
TIA for the info.

NorCal tuck... look into it. Basically trimming behind the liner, and buys some decent clearance

She's Mine

Reaction score
Where in SoCal? I had Leadfoot in Leverne do mine. Josh is a great dude and scheduling was easy. Amanda at the front desk always answers the phone too. Have to say I am not easy to please and they did a good job.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Don't do a leveling kit, i did one on my 17, Keys, Fox shocks and CST upper arms. It rode ok, but the cv axle vibration was bad. really bad, only let it go for a week and ended up doing a 6" ProComp lift, kept the CST upper arms and Fox 2.0 Shocks. It rides like a cadillac now, better than it did stock. My .02

Stock
Truck stock.jpg

Leveled on 35's
Truck leveled.jpg

6" lift
Truck lifted.jpg

She's Mine

Reaction score
NorCal tuck... look into it. Basically trimming behind the liner, and buys some decent clearance

Not sure if I can do the NoCal Tuck with AMP steps on mine thanks to the DEF tank location, Ugh!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Not sure if I can do the NoCal Tuck with AMP steps on mine thanks to the DEF tank location, Ugh!

I think it still works... I know it works with the piss tank, and from memory, the steps should clear too.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Looking for advise, just purchased 2019 Chevy 2500

Would you do a lift kit or leveling kit

parker guy

Reaction score
Don't do a leveling kit, i did one on my 17, Keys, Fox shocks and CST upper arms. It rode ok, but the cv axle vibration was bad. really bad, only let it go for a week and ended up doing a 6" ProComp lift, kept the CST upper arms and Fox 2.0 Shocks. It rides like a cadillac now, better than it did stock. My .02

Stock
View attachment 976233
Leveled on 35's
View attachment 976234
6" lift
View attachment 976235
Looks awesome...what size wheels and tires do you have?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I need to mention that my truck is only 2 wheel drive.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I did leveling on my 2500hd . I hate it. Wat to stiff. Not to mention I live in New York. The only state you can literally tell on road trips when your in New York . Pot holes you could lose a small child in

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score

Stock
View attachment 976233
Leveled on 35's
View attachment 976234
6" lift
View attachment 976235

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

@Crazyhippy sorry thought I quoted you.

Here are two pics. Both are set at same height around 5”. Both sitting on 37’s. Top pic is 20x9(0 offset) very little trim you would be hard to find where. No rub. Bottom is 37’s. 20x9 (+18 offset) zero rub NO TRIMMING. I wanted to change up the wheels I did not like with the bigger lift the +18 offset sits too far in. On the level kit they looked good.

Also I don’t have AMP steps yet, but they will still clear and I am getting them in the next month. Remember AMP steps can be trimmed. The end caps are only Allen bolted in. So you pull those trim and reinstall end cap.

My kit is the CST 4-6”(STL) with Fox 2.0 Reservoirs all around and CST UNIBALL UCA’s.

Side note:
I have my set of Cognito UCA’s. Perfect condition. You would need to put new ball joints in. Real easy they bolt right in. Cost would be like $100. If you or anyone interested I’ll sell the arms for $350 for the pair.