WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Liking The sounds of freedom

wzuber

Reaction score
The dog park I'm @ with meatball this morning is a mile or so away from the Prado gun range in Chino. I can hear many PATRIOTS prepairing for whatever my be on their horizon. It's a cool sound in the background. It has me a bit disappointed that I havn't prepair so well for myself.
What sounds of FREEDOM or PATRIOTISM are you all looking forward to hearing, creating, experiencing etc. Here in the last weeks of this crazy year. It was inspiring to see soo many R.V.'S on the road yesterday heading out of town. No doubt they will be enjoying their expressions of freedom this next week. Ixm looking for to the sight's n sounds of boat racing next week @ Parker.
Hi, I'm meatball
20201121_090645.jpg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The dog park I'm @ with meatball this morning is a mile or so away from the Prado gun range in Chino. I can hear many PATRIOTS prepairing for whatever my be on their horizon. It's a cool sound in the background. It has me a bit disappointed that I havn't prepair so well for myself.
What sounds of FREEDOM or PATRIOTISM are you all looking forward to hearing, creating, experiencing etc. Here in the last weeks of this crazy year. It was inspiring to see soo many R.V.'S on the road yesterday heading out of town. No doubt they will be enjoying their expressions of freedom this next week. Ixm looking for to the sight's n sounds of boat racing next week @ Parker.
Hi, I'm meatball
View attachment 944793
Yep. Prado is a great place to shoot. Golfing and shooting at Prado is a good time with frIends. Have to check out the dog park. 👍

wzuber

Reaction score
And this young gr. Dane. Somebody said he was near a year old.
Yep. Prado is a great place to shoot. Golfing and shooting at Prado is a good time with frIends. Have to check out the dog park. 👍
nice,, DG walk path around the perimeter of grass in center of fairly large play area. Stays pretty clean. Mostly well socialized dogs and cognizant responsible owners. Occaisionally that one dog/owner out there that could benefit from some better education shows up but that's kinna typical anywhere. I'm sure you n your pooch will like it.

Attachments

• 20201121_093111.jpg
    20201121_093111.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 123

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Our Outdoor Private Range here is active almost every day, Its accesable with a pass code key card , lots of events including competitions, trap , skeet rifle and pistol even blackpowder on clear windless days I can here gunfire from my place which is about 6 miles away , when they held the DCM shoots the "excercise" sounds like Beirut ... music to my ears ;)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Havasu typically sounds like the Middle East thanksgiving weekend.. lol. After that you will hear it all winter long. :). I love hearing it

You hear it from your house Dave? I will have to listen for it the next time I am there in the winter.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I’m 2.5 miles from FLETC (federal law enforcement training center) they go through about a pallet of ammo every day. I’ve been able to tour the whole place, their indoor range is amazing! They have 7 different outdoor ranges. When the wind is right it sound like they’re in my range on the farm!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Gun ranges, not many here. I lived near an airport that hosts a international large airshow every year. Usually the Blue Angels come up for the show to perform. Those jets are my sounds of freedom.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
View attachment 944808 Some other great dogs here today @ Vila Borba dogpark. This beautiful 3yr old Visla. Nice size did @ 45#'s.
I’m on 3 waiting lists for a Visla. Great dogs.
Oh, and the sound of freedom... nothing better than living just down the street from Falcon Field air park. I get to see WWII war birds flying overhead on a daily basis. Went up in a B25 two years ago with my father in law. His father died in a B25 in WWII. It was an amazing flight.

wzuber

Reaction score
I’m on 3 waiting lists for a Visla. Great dogs.
Oh, and the sound of freedom... nothing better than living just down the street from Falcon Field air park. I get to see WWII war birds flying overhead on a daily basis. Went up in a B25 two years ago with my father in law. His father died in a B25 in WWII. It was an amazing flight.
This Vislas owner was very proud of him as he should be. He went to Pheonix Az. To get him. Cost him $1800.00 He bought him in anticipation of his son returning from the military. His son named him Gunner.
Those old war birds sound soo badass flying overhead. There's a few P51 mustang's and a couple other restored war planes that fly out of Chino Valley A.P and Cable Airport in Upland as well. The All Coast Forrest Prod. Super Corsair used to be hangered at Chino as well years ago. All the old war planes are awe-inspiring to me just upon sight.

spectras only

Reaction score
I’m on 3 waiting lists for a Visla Great dogs.
If you want to know, it's called Vizsla, a hungarian retriever breed. You pronunce the s like =Zsazsa, Gabor, that is. ;)
Great dogs with less amount of hair shedding. Very good breed.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
If you want to know, it's called Vizsla, a hungarian retriever breed. You pronunce the s like =Zsazsa, Gabor, that is. ;)
Great dogs with less amount of hair shedding. Very good breed.
Uh, you sound like a few of the snooty breeders we have run across. 😂 J/K
One actually told us that she wouldn’t sell us one of her puppies because we haven’t owned one before, and therefore didn’t know the breed well enough to have one of her pups. Complete nut job.
Yes, great breed... that’s why we are looking so hard for one!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
This Vislas owner was very proud of him as he should be. He went to Pheonix Az. To get him. Cost him $1800.00 He bought him in anticipation of his son returning from the military. His son named him Gunner.
Those old war birds sound soo badass flying overhead. There's a few P51 mustang's and a couple other restored war planes that fly out of Chino Valley A.P and Cable Airport in Upland as well. The All Coast Forrest Prod. Super Corsair used to be hangered at Chino as well years ago. All the old war planes are awe-inspiring to me just upon sight.
Im in PHX. I’d love to know who his breeder is. Pretty cool “present” for his son. Would be tough to give away a dog, even to family.

wzuber

Reaction score
Im in PHX. I’d love to know who his breeder is. Pretty cool “present” for his son. Would be tough to give away a dog, even to family.
If/when I run accross him again I'll ask. Little dude was fast with a very long graceful stride. He was fun to observe.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I used to be able to hear Fish Canyon shooting range from my house in the morning. Loved it.

Pissed me off when they shut it down.

I heard Prado is gearing up to host the Olympics again in 2028? It was a run down disaster last time I shot there...

wzuber

Reaction score
I used to be able to hear Fish Canyon shooting range from my house in the morning. Loved it.

Pissed me off when they shut it down.

I heard Prado is gearing up to host the Olympics again in 2028? It was a run down disaster last time I shot there...

That's interesting, I'll make a point to stop by there and inquire on that. It will be a good opportunity to take my shot gun and a couple boxes of shells and get re-aquainted with it.
Maybe the info is on their website? It would be good to see some $ put into it and make it nicer.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Gun ranges, not many here. I lived near an airport that hosts a international large airshow every year. Usually the Blue Angels come up for the show to perform. Those jets are my sounds of freedom.

Love the jets...I live 6000ft from the end of the LGB runway...

45FD2C7A-B6DE-4280-9FA1-64F5913BB1C7.jpeg

Crappy cell phone pic. These guys rattle the windows....they come over at about 800ft.

wzuber

Reaction score
Love the jets...I live 6000ft from the end of the LGB runway...

View attachment 945135

Crappy cell phone pic. These guys rattle the windows....they come over at about 800ft.
That right there is the sights n sounds of freedom that give me goose bumps evertime I see them. At my big river pad we get to see and hear the jets and helos fly accross the valley close by and sometimes they fly low on the deck limit and follow the river. I stop and wave in awe everytime no matter what I'm doing....usually resume what I was doing singing danger zone to myself.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That's interesting, I'll make a point to stop by there and inquire on that. It will be a good opportunity to take my shot gun and a couple boxes of shells and get re-aquainted with it.
Maybe the info is on their website? It would be good to see some $ put into it and make it nicer.

Last time went they used voice activated machines. If the bird broke, or didn't come out, oh well. There was no one there to fix that issue for you. If I was lucky, I got 20 birds, but still paid for 25. :mad:

Is Triple B still open??

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Havasu typically sounds like the Middle East thanksgiving weekend.. lol. After that you will hear it all winter long. :). I love hearing it
Not hearing the 50 Cals. as we have in the past. We're only about a block from the desert on the south side of town. Love hearing those big guys fire off. Maybe Thanksgiving will bring on a couple. Hope so.

wzuber

Reaction score
Last time went they used voice activated machines. If the bird broke, or didn't come out, oh well. There was no one there to fix that issue for you. If I was lucky, I got 20 birds, but still paid for 25. :mad:

Is Triple B still open??
What's triple b?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Not hearing the 50 Cals. as we have in the past. We're only about a block from the desert on the south side of town. Love hearing those big guys fire off. Maybe Thanksgiving will bring on a couple. Hope so.
If I get back in town early enough I will try and have my friend bring out the 50 cal, I have incendiary rounds for it that are fun to shoot .

Last edited:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
That must be Chino Hills Dog Park off of Butterfield? I'm close as well. I play Prado, and have shot at the range a few times. Oddly, I was on their website yesterday, but didn't see any Olympics news. There's also the LEO Range over by the prison. That one can sound like a full blown war when they're cranked up.

wzuber

Reaction score
Sorta. 60 and the 605, just west of Rosemead Blvd. I have a feeling it's closed now. :(
hahaha...I see my error, I meant 60/605 but wrote it 60/10......I B a fricken knucklehead sometimes. thx for the clarification. ya, sadly it prolly is.