WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LINCOLN IDEALARC TIG-300 WELDER

Big D

Reaction score
Any welding guru's in the house?

I have a LINCOLN IDEALARC TIG-300 WELDER posted in the classified section. Did a little research on eBay, craigslist, etc. and it looked like $1,000 was a fair $ to start. I also posted it on a couple local classified sites but haven't had any inquiry's.

Anyone know what the fair market value for this welder? Need to get it out of storage and off to a good home where someone can put it to use.

Attachments

• IMG_7260.jpg
    IMG_7260.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7262.jpg
    IMG_7262.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 70

dspracing

Reaction score
Power source only? Do you have any leads or torch for it?

Backlash

Reaction score
Not an expert by any means, but I would say the market will be pretty slim for this machine. With the technological advancements, I would think people would be more interested in an inverter type machine that is smaller, lighter and more efficient. Just my .02.

Big D

Reaction score
Not an expert by any means, but I would say the market will be pretty slim for this machine. With the technological advancements, I would think people would be more interested in an inverter type machine that is smaller, lighter and more efficient. Just my .02.
Thank you for your feedback.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Just the age and size of the unit compared to new ones could be a tough sale..... Some guys still like the transformer machines but its limited.

We just bought a 200 amp miller arc machine for field welding.. Damn think only weighs 15lbs.

Big D

Reaction score
Just the age and size of the unit compared to new ones could be a tough sale..... Some guys still like the transformer machines but its limited.

We just bought a 200 amp miller arc machine for field welding.. Damn think only weighs 15lbs.
Yea, this thing weighs a ton!! It will defiantly require a engine hoist to lead.

Big D

Reaction score
I anyone has a use for this welder, I'm open to offers. Ned to get it out of storage so I can downsize.

nordictom

Reaction score
I have an older version of the Lincoln Tig 300. Wouldn't trade it for a newer inverter style. I use mine mostly for TIG work.

Location of this welder?

NT

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Yep, this is the case pretty much. I still have my Dad's Syncrowave 300, i only still have it in case of an emergency if i have a machine failure with my Inverter machine.

Since switching to an Inverter 6 or 7 years ago it's pretty much impossible to go back. The DC power is way smoother when running steel, the pulser is amazing. And the Squarewave power on Aluminum is like having twice the punch since you can run with so much less cleaning cycle on the AC balance. And if for some reason you want the feel of a transformer machine just switch it to sine wave and you can have the lack of power and that buttery puddle. 🤣

Oh, and the Inverter machine weighs about 80lbs vs probably 800lbs for the transformer machine 😂