WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Little pontoon fun this weekend

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Since my Nordic is still in tatters I figured why not take the toon out this weekend....went up the st joseph river and out on the lake for a short bit as it was surprisingly calm...Took the hound with me...he did surprisingly well for his first time on a boat!! He loved it actually!! you get a lot of funny looks when you have a dog big enough to look over the rails of a pontoon hahaha...The toon is nothing special....1979 25ft lakescraft with an OMC stringer drive I/O...but I missed being on the water so is what it is...anywho...heres a couple pics!!

hankboat.png
hankboat2.jpg
pontoon.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
That looks like a pretty stretch of river

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Yea its very beautiful...lots of logs and hidden stuff but once you kinda get the lay of the land its not bad...still a little dicey taking my Nordic up there with a 1200 dollar labbed prop but the pontoon is not a problem lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a fun day out on the water. That is a big ass dog!

sirbob

Reaction score
Is that a hard top on that toon?

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
Is that ahard top on that toon?

looks like a great time "mans best friend". they have soooo much fun on boats and in the water. Beautiful pics, thx for sharing. Someday I aspire to have a pontoon too. Your a fortunate man.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Yea he's a pretty big boy..and honestly he's the runt of the litter so he should be like 80-100 lbs. heavier than he is lol

Yea it's a hard top on the old toon...you cant like get on it or anything its just a permanent bimini basically lol...I'll have to get some pics of the ole girl..reminds me of a 57 chevy honestly the way the hard top is lol

This big guy is terrified of water but I'm actually surprised how well he did on the toon...he just wandered, climbed in the seat with me, and wandered some more lol

It's kinda bittersweet using the toon as it was my grand fathers which my dad and I maintain it(mostly me lol) and we would take the old man for rides but after he passed it of course went to my dad which I can use it whenever I want which I do enjoy but miss the rides with the old man on it...but such is life I guess

Stewart

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
looks exactly like this except ours has an OMC stringer drive I/O instead of the outboard

LakesCraft

Reaction score
That appears to be a Sprite that you pictured. Do you have a pic of yours? I'm always on the hunt for a Lakes Craft for parts. I just pulled mine out to clean for the season.

PLPB9077.JPG