WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Live on Starlink

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Have you used it for anything like Zoom or Microsoft teams video calling, if so how was it?
My son has a plex server on his and I watch movies from it and have no problems. He loses signal every so often caused by a massive pine tree in his yard but I buffer enough data I usually don't even know it happened.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
My son has a plex server on his and I watch movies from it and have no problems. He loses signal every so often caused by a massive pine tree in his yard but I buffer enough data I usually don't even know it happened.

I'm wondering how it works for people that are heavy users of Microsoft Teams or Zoom, my wife is on both all day long for work. If it works well for that then I can start building our next house way out in the sticks.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'm wondering how it works for people that are heavy users of Microsoft Teams or Zoom, my wife is on both all day long for work. If it works well for that then I can start building our next house way out in the sticks.

They must have done some firmware updates over the weekend, i had to reset my router and noticed the dish had rebooted itself via it's uptime clock.

All of a sudden the downtime counter went from ~15 minutes to less than 1 minute per 24 hours.

We'll see if this was just a fluke 24 hours or if it remains this way. If this is the case now i can't imagine there being any problems whatsoever for zoom meetings.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Must have meant 15MB/sec, which is ~150mbit

yeah 15gb would be 15x faster than hooking up two computers in the same room with a 6 foot ethernet cable [emoji1787]
There is 100gb network out there. Just very spensive for the cards, cables, routers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
There is 100gb network out there. Just very spensive for the cards, cables, routers.

And the hard drives to write the data at that rate 🤣

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
And the hard drives to write the data at that rate [emoji1787]
You need a really good network attached storage or multiple controllers with SAS raid.