WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Living in phoenix

Mike K

Reaction score
Be careful ... it’s turning into California quickly ... and all the reason why you left California will happen in AZ ... guaranteed.
Who’s gonna pay for all the new government employees that all the cities in that area will be crying for?
Teachers ... Firemen ... Cops ...
Keep your eye on this November’s election in AZ ... it has the “Teacher Tax” or “”Red Tax” ... it will pass ... and it raise the income tax rate from 4.5% to about 9% ... game changer for many.
I get it ... it’s stupid to stay in CA ... but my guess is ... AZ is the new CA .

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We are way closer to making this happen. Booked a Cave Creek rental for a week. It was 115 degrees when we got there. I think a pool is in our future lol. We had the chance to drive to Prescott, Jerome, Sedona, Bartlett Lake, Mesa, Queen Creek, and everywhere in between. We met up with local friends for beers, pool time and dinner at their house. That really helped make the decision easier since we are leaving a big network behind in CA.

We also had some friends that are building in Queen Creek meet up with us for the weekend so they could do their framing inspection. On Saturday we rented a pontoon and went to Saguaro Lake. That is an awesome local spot and I can't wait to check out more of the local lakes. On Sunday we went and did the salt river float. Another great time with our local friends.

While we were there we spent alot of time with Corey @Cdog and spent 2 full days going through listings and some new builds. We were ready to write a check to start a new build with a developer, but they have decided to spec out many of their remaining lots. So we are waiting to hear if they will change policies. While that is being worked out, we have started exploring building custom. Cave Creek area is definitely where we want to end up.

On our end, Taylor is working on her teaching credential in AZ to start applying for jobs in the spring. Sounds like Cave Creek/N. Scottsdale have a very desirable school district. I have the green light to go remote working with returning to the office in Redlands every third week.

We are kicking ass cleaning up our house to get it listed. It is turning out to be very nice. I will post the listing here for anyone looking to move to Yucaipa.

We've lived in the area for over 13 years and are building a new home currently because we love it so much. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

77charger

Reaction score
Moved in June to Peoria I’ve only spent 10 days cause I’m in ca working til tomorrow then I go full time.

wife and kids went in June full time she found full time work three weeks ago but likes it there too. My plan is working part time. We put 250k down on a 305k home took 15 year loan with a big 625 dollar payment which includes taxes and insurance.
Made 300 on our ca home.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
ARIZONA IS HOME TO MORE THAN 1200 AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE COMPANIES

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
So here is the deal... People are moving to AZ from CA by the bus load. Half my neighbors are recent transplants. They love to complain about all the things they hated about CA. The top of the list includes stupid laws/ordinances, political climate, cost of living,etc. the ironic thing is at the same time they complain about the relaxed gun laws in AZ, the conservative view point of local govt, etc! That makes no sense. What do these people want?
All I can say is, DONT BRING YOUR CIVIL OR LEGISLATIVE BS VIEWPOINTS WITH YOU! WE DO NOT WANT TO BE THE NEXT CA STATE TRAINWRECK!

Rant over!![emoji12][emoji12]

Your post is spot on . Leave your left thinking bullshit in California!

c_land

Reaction score
We are getting closer. On friday we close on a 1 acre lot in the Cave creek area. It's a great spot and right in the area we were looking.

Two weeks ago we met with the builder and we will start the design process shortly after closing. We have a rough floor plan already selected, so it will be more of dialing in the configuration for our lot and working on the elevation. We are expecting to be in the 2500sqft 4 bed/4 bath range. I am planning on a 3 car garage with attached RV garage as well.

I am in the Civil Engineering field by trade, I was able to learn a lot about the local utilities and development guidelines during our due diligence period. If anyone here is considering the area, I would be happy to share what I have gathered so far.

Also, @Cdog has been the an absolute pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Corey to anyone looking to move in the greater phoenix area.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
We are getting closer. On friday we close on a 1 acre lot in the Cave creek area. It's a great spot and right in the area we were looking.

Two weeks ago we met with the builder and we will start the design process shortly after closing. We have a rough floor plan already selected, so it will be more of dialing in the configuration for our lot and working on the elevation. We are expecting to be in the 2500sqft 4 bed/4 bath range. I am planning on a 3 car garage with attached RV garage as well.

I am in the Civil Engineering field by trade, I was able to learn a lot about the local utilities and development guidelines during our due diligence period. If anyone here is considering the area, I would be happy to share what I have gathered so far.

Also, @Cdog has been the an absolute pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Corey to anyone looking to move in the greater phoenix area.

is there many off-road trails that are really close to cave creek? Looks like there should be.

Your ad here

Reaction score
is there many off-road trails that are really close to cave creek? Looks like there should be.
I believe there is. I would offroad from Rio Verde to Cave Creek on my CR250 for a beer. I do have street plates on it though.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I think I'm about 3 years away from moving to AZ. I work in aerospace / supply chain management. So it all depends on the job market.

Could easily rent my La Mirada home out with some passive income.

House in AZ I would definitely want a pool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think I'm about 3 years away from moving to AZ. I work in aerospace / supply chain management. So it all depends on the job market.

Could easily rent my La Mirada home out with some passive income.

House in AZ I would definitely want a pool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Most of the people I have spoken to that work at Raytheon are expecting for them to go to full time work from home for those that do not do physical work (white collar jobs and 2nd level and up Managment).

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Fenderbender

Reaction score
You lookin to escape ol' Slimy V?

Im looking at buying a large rental out there that can suite my family if I decide I've had enough. but I am holding off a few more months to see if more inventory comes on line! Unfortunately Im not 100% work from home forever yet.

2Driver

Reaction score
Things are stupid nuts right now. I have 2 people that want to look at my place and its not listed. Rentals are hard to come by in our area. Its near panic buying.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Im looking at buying a large rental out there that can suite my family if I decide I've had enough. but I am holding off a few more months to see if more inventory comes on line! Unfortunately Im not 100% work from home forever yet.
Come to Tucson. It's cheaper and cooler and you have a friend here already. Lol!

69 1/2

Reaction score
I built in Verrado/Buckeye in the west valley and moved in 16 months ago. Can’t believe how great it has been.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Phoenix is great, but prices are crazy. Just moved into Asante in Surprise, been 9 months on the build. Totally worth it. Wanted to stay in Peoria but not for 600k+... good lots and builds are going QUICK!! Jump in on a new build when you can, shit is going crazy. Or get in wherever you can. No regrets here. Old place is going for WAY MORE than it’s worth IMO, but I guess that’s the new normal...

C08H18

Reaction score
I built in Verrado/Buckeye in the west valley and moved in 16 months ago. Can’t believe how great it has been.

Are we neighbors? I’m in Litchfield Farms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
I know of a great lot in Cave creek .95 acre for about 200k. Close to schools & shopping. All due diligence is done. Right now there’s an opportunity to split the utility trenching with the neighbor build and save a couple of grand. Also have a great builder that has some awesome attached RV garage floor plans for under 500k.

riverroyal

Reaction score
My sis lives there. Fun neighborhood. Good golf. Good people

77charger

Reaction score
Phoenix is great, but prices are crazy. Just moved into Asante in Surprise, been 9 months on the build. Totally worth it. Wanted to stay in Peoria but not for 600k+... good lots and builds are going QUICK!! Jump in on a new build when you can, shit is going crazy. Or get in wherever you can. No regrets here. Old place is going for WAY MORE than it’s worth IMO, but I guess that’s the new normal...
My inlaws live in surprise just right up the street from asante they are off 163 like 1/2 mile up they bought for cheap in new home area is cool they a;so have froends who are having home built there too and our neighbors are also moving there too were in peoria off thunderbird/83rd area.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
One of the reasons I moved back here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

D19

Reaction score
Loving this area! Staying in Chandler across from the Fashion Center. Taking my RE exam tomorrow. Drove around some neighborhoods today. North Peoria and Vistancia is our favorite so far.

boatnam2

Reaction score
One of the reasons I moved back here.

Shit is for sale for 20k, is the place safe?

framer1

Reaction score
Be careful ... it’s turning into California quickly ... and all the reason why you left California will happen in AZ ... guaranteed.
Who’s gonna pay for all the new government employees that all the cities in that area will be crying for?
Teachers ... Firemen ... Cops ...
Keep your eye on this November’s election in AZ ... it has the “Teacher Tax” or “”Red Tax” ... it will pass ... and it raise the income tax rate from 4.5% to about 9% ... game changer for many.
I get it ... it’s stupid to stay in CA ... but my guess is ... AZ is the new CA .

I sure hope not. That would definity take the air out my sails...

havasu5150

Reaction score
Are we neighbors? I’m in Litchfield Farms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also in this area. Rancho Sonora in Buckeye. When we moved out here , Verado was basically in the conception faze

D19

Reaction score
I read through the CC&Rs for Vistancia last night, that’s not going to work for us. They have some pretty Nazi rules there. Pretty area though!

We spent a lot of time driving around South Chandler and Gilbert and really like the areaS. I’ve noticed a lot homes In Gilbert look to have RV parking but most of the houses don’t have anything parked there? Are there RV parking restrictions in Gilbert?

Your ad here

Reaction score
I read through the CC&Rs for Vistancia last night, that’s not going to work for us. They have some pretty Nazi rules there. Pretty area though!

We spent a lot of time driving around South Chandler and Gilbert and really like the areaS. I’ve noticed a lot homes In Gilbert look to have RV parking but most of the houses don’t have anything parked there? Are there RV parking restrictions in Gilbert?
While CC&Rs can be a bitch, that's why Vistancia is appealing because there is no junk scattered on peoples property. Check out Glendale if you want an idea of no CC&Rs. Nice sized properties but everyone has junk and crap on their property. Seems like every 4th house has a vehicle lift that is in your face as you drive down the road.

D19

Reaction score
While CC&Rs can be a bitch, that's why Vistancia is appealing because there is no junk scattered on peoples property. Check out Glendale if you want an idea of no CC&Rs. Nice sized properties but everyone has junk and crap on their property. Seems like every 4th house has a vehicle lift that is in your face as you drive down the road.

I totally understand the benefits of HOAs. I live in one now and have before. Unfortunately Vistancia does not allow vehicle Maintenance on any parcel. I’m not going to buy a home where I can’t work on my cars or toys in my driveway or garage. Theres a few other deed restrictions that I’m not a fan of.

kurtis500

Reaction score
There are WAY too many awesome places to live and have what ou want without the restriction of an HOA in the Phoenix area.

Cdog

Reaction score
I totally understand the benefits of HOAs. I live in one now and have before. Unfortunately Vistancia does not allow vehicle Maintenance on any parcel. I’m not going to buy a home where I can’t work on my cars or toys in my driveway or garage. Theres a few other deed restrictions that I’m not a fan of.

What are you looking for and at what budget? I have active customers all over the west side from 300-700k. Probably been through 30 homes & neighborhoods in the last 3 weeks.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score

Plenty! Take Cave Creek Road towards Lake Bartlett and keep on going out Seven Springs Road to Sheeps Bridge. I talked to guy downtown a few years back that said he drove to Cave Creek from Prescott.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I went to Benton quite a few years ago, it was nice, land between the lakes was sweet also.
Land between the lakes and ky lake is where I lived during the summers until I was about 19

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I read New Mexico was the go to place. Far less numbers.
When I was born, AZ had about 1.3 mil people. It is now getting close to 8.
Only so many rats can live in a cage.
I think 85% of AZ is State or Federal lands. Add in the res. areas and the picture tells it's own story.

Just to edit: California had 19 Mil the day I was born. They are now just a touch over 40.
I remember riding my bike to Bell road from 32nd st. when it was a 2 lane blacktop and thinking that was the end of the world.
Squaw peak didn't even have a legit parking lot or dumb signs designations.
There was no 60 freeway. It was a 2 lane road, 101, 202, 303. and whatever gods name has been created since I last visited in 2016.
It's starting to look like Chicago but without 100+ story buildings downtown. The sprawl makes me sick thinking about it. Every small Mt. or hillside has houses built on them.
I can only imagine what would happen if the SRP water spigots get shut down.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
I think 85% of AZ is State or Federal lands. Add in the res. areas and the picture tells it's own story.

Just to edit: California had 19 Mil the day I was born. They are now just a touch over 40.
I remember riding my bike to Bell road from 32nd st. when it was a 2 lane blacktop and thinking that was the end of the world.
There was no 60 freeway. It was a 2 lane road, 101, 202, 303. and whatever gods name has been created since I last visited in 2016.
It's starting to look like Chicago but without 100+ story buildings downtown. The sprawl makes me sick thinking about it. Every small Mt. or hillside has houses built on them.
YA, no. New Mexico is a LIb haven. People are moving away from there, just not quite as fast as CA.

wallnutz

Reaction score

I grew up at 36th St and Cactus, it used to end at 40th St and was just a dirt trail over to about Tatum.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Land between the lakes and ky lake is where I lived during the summers until I was about 19

I meet a girl at Foxes one weekend in parker long time ago, she was on vacation from KY. That southern draw had my dumb ass flying all the way to Ky to see her lol.