WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Living ON Lake Havasu

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Two weeks ago my family and I were cruising Havasu popping in and out of coves looking for a beach close to site 6 when we came upon this house boat.
20180621_144405.jpg

Screenshot_20180702-163601_Earth.jpg
The house boat appeared unoccupied so we gave it space but there was a nice beach around the corner and we set up camp on the beach. We were floating about an hour when a boat drove right up to the house boat, docked, and unloaded a few gas cans. The guy then fired up a generator and went inside. Being a curious guy (Nosey) I climb the hill between us and clearly saw the house boat had solar panels, a generator, and the four corner dock lines were covered in moss as if docked forever.
20180621_144136.jpg

Guy had a great set up. I have been thinking about Havasu Palms, even toured and attempted to negotiate on a few, but this guy got me thinking if you can live on the lake itself. There even is a house boat at Havasu Springs for sale now.

Between the 20 or so different agencies which patrol the lake there has to be a law preventing living on the lake but I can't think of one and google was no help.

So I ask the RDP Brain Trust, what am I missing or does anyone want to go partners on a house boat?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Lots of folks live on boats tied to docks... on the ocean. Interesting idea. So many different agencies have jurisdiction, hard to say if it is an issue.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There’s three or four of them out and about. I believe they have to move every so often. Ryan at slide anchor knows all of them. I met a nice young girl at his shop that runs this same kinda program.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Lots of folks live on boats tied to docks... on the ocean. Interesting idea. So many different agencies have jurisdiction, hard to say if it is an issue.

I have no idea what you posted because you've distracted me and my focus is on her. After watching her endlessly I did finally notice another lovely walking away in the background...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

So distracted...

Ggm9G0o.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
There’s three or four of them out and about. I believe they have to move every so often. Ryan at slide anchor knows all of them. I met a nice young girl at his shop that runs this same kinda program.
I think we met the same girl at the boat show . Her boat was probably fully stocked with granula , but she was very nice and self sufficient.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think we met the same girl at the boat show . Her boat was probably fully stocked with granula , but she was very nice and self sufficient.

LOL.. yes sounds like her.

RD

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
I hope someone is coming in to pump their holding tanks out. Hate to think of the unthinkable.

gqchris

Reaction score
I hope someone is coming in to pump their holding tanks out. Hate to think of the unthinkable.

If its anything like the liveaboards around the Socal marinas, its piss bottles or piss in the sink that goes direct overboard. Im sure they have shat buckets aka “HOMERS BUCKET “. im pretty sure there is no pump out service in Havasu. I could be wrong.

Keymyster

Reaction score
LOL.. yes sounds like her.

RD
The girl your talking about. Both of her boats got swamped a couple months ago during one of our red flag warnings. She set up a gofund me page to help her. F that!

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're right about the pump out service. Even if there was one, they wouldn't pay for it anyway. Piss is one thing but........

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I wonder if there is property tax

I am honestly wondering of they just pay boat registration and bounce from spot to spot, like motor homes do, when contacted by different agencies.

I'm pretty sure you're right about the pump out service. Even if there was one, they wouldn't pay for it anyway. Piss is one thing but........

I was guessing the same. Urine into the lake and either compositing toilet or bucket and bury the rest but then again the Naudical has houseboats so someone must do pump outs.

RVRKID

Reaction score
That guy was in the same place all last summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is pump outs on Lake Havasu.. whether they use them or not I dunno.

As far as urine.. cmon guys.. a couple of people peeing in the pool isn’t gonna make a difference. There’s literally thousands of people on this website that pee in the same pool. Lol.

sirbob

Reaction score
I've noticed one or two of these out there - they are squatters. Remind me of being in Montana and coming accros them on the fire roads up there.

My guess is they fly under the radar until there are a bunch of them - then you have to disasemble the homeless encampment and have them move along.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I've noticed one or two of these out there - they are squatters. Remind me of being in Montana and coming accros them on the fire roads up there.

My guess is they fly under the radar until there are a bunch of them - then you have to disasemble the homeless encampment and have them move along.
I could see this happening as home prices continue to increase. It’s somewhat free living. Same as living in your trailer in the middle of the desert like we see in the winter.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
E70C9A9D-607C-402D-868D-533467760978.jpeg
37CE8129-FA70-412E-94E1-0DDDA6AD5B8E.jpeg
AEB7E6EB-B037-4F9A-A4B0-C870A72FE803.jpeg
043A92DD-D28F-4106-B2DA-2D40A3C6C7E4.jpeg
I was at AVI a couple of weeks ago. Stayed there for 8 days at the KOA. I would walk or ride bikes on the banks downstream everyday. There was a homeless population. Basically a junk yard along with broken down vehicles and anything else you could think off. One day, their glory days came to an end. Within 6 hours, they towed everything that wouldn’t run or had expired registration. Then, it took 6 large dumpsters and massive amount of volunteers days to clean most of the shit up. I was talking to the KOA people about what was going on because I’ve seen one if them in the free parking lot of the Avi. She told me that he comes and dumps twice a week at the place. He told her that most of them dump into large plastic bags, tie them up and throw them into the river. The last picture that I posted, the guy was a Vietnam vet. They burned that trailer down to the ground. Cut the wires to his fuel pump. So, there is no love amongst them folks.

Last edited:

bocco

Reaction score
How do they even get those boats on the lake? Are they left over rental boats?

We used to have a houseboat on Lake Don Pedro. The lake agency new every boat on the lake. You needed to notify before a haul out and get an inspection before re launching.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
View attachment 660757 View attachment 660758 View attachment 660759 View attachment 660760 I was at AVI a couple of weeks ago. Stayed there for 8 days at the KOA. I would walk or ride bikes on the banks downstream everyday. There was a homeless population. Basically a junk yard along with broken down vehicles and anything else you could think off. One day, their glory days came to an end. Within 6 hours, they towed everything that wouldn’t run or had expired registration. Then, it took 6 large dumpsters and massive amount of volunteers days to clean most of the shit up. I was talking to the KOA people about what was going on because I’ve seen one if them in the free parking lot of the Avi. She told me that he comes and dumps twice a week at the place. He told her that most of them dump into large plastic bags, tie them up and throw them into the river. The last picture that I posted, the guy was a Vietnam vet. They burned that trailer down to the ground. Cut the wires to his fuel pump. So, there is no love amongst them folks.

Fucking assholes..

RD

dirtyduner

Reaction score
Nikki From Slip face sandboards has one too. usually her and ryan park close together. Last summer I know he left it a couple coves over from site six for months and someone complained and they had to move it 2 or 3 coves over. it was a lot of fun to go party on sunday afternoons then go back to the cool house. The full moon stuff they would stay out there.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
If its anything like the liveaboards around the Socal marinas, its piss bottles or piss in the sink that goes direct overboard. Im sure they have shat buckets aka “HOMERS BUCKET “. im pretty sure there is no pump out service in Havasu. I could be wrong.
I'm thinking Composting toilet would solve this :)

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Two weeks ago my family and I were cruising Havasu popping in and out of coves looking for a beach close to site 6 when we came upon this house boat.
View attachment 660504 The house boat appeared unoccupied so we gave it space but there was a nice beach around the corner and we set up camp on the beach. We were floating about an hour when a boat drove right up to the house boat, docked, and unloaded a few gas cans. The guy then fired up a generator and went inside. Being a curious guy (Nosey) I climb the hill between us and clearly saw the house boat had solar panels, a generator, and the four corner dock lines were covered in moss as if docked forever.
View attachment 660503
Guy had a great set up. I have been thinking about Havasu Palms, even toured and attempted to negotiate on a few, but this guy got me thinking if you can live on the lake itself. There even is a house boat at Havasu Springs for sale now.

Between the 20 or so different agencies which patrol the lake there has to be a law preventing living on the lake but I can't think of one and google was no help.

So I ask the RDP Brain Trust, what am I missing or does anyone want to go partners on a house boat?

This particular location is actually beached on the Chemehuevi reservaton so enforcement would likely come from the tribe who probably will let it slide for some time......probably a pretty astute choice whether on purpose or not.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

USFS and Bureau of Rec lakes set a 14 day limit, then you have to leave, for at least a week maybe two. I guess it is conceivable you could rotate different people through every 2 weeks and that would be ok.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
This particular location is actually beached on the Chemehuevi reservaton so enforcement would likely come from the tribe who probably will let it slide for some time......probably a pretty astute choice whether on purpose or not.
This haven’t happened in a while, but most every weekend we would go to the cove across from site six, this guy in a shitty toon and a crappy parks shirt would try to get me to pay for bing on Indian land, I paid many time years ago, got this hand written receipt, one day I ask the state part intrance gal about them, she said don’t pay them, I stopped then, but they where still rolled around like 2 years ago, I would think that guy would be on the homeless.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
How do they even get those boats on the lake? Are they left over rental boats?

Probably. Every year the rental companies sell off their older boats. You can pick one up pretty cheap, especially without engines. Trailering it to a different lake is probably the biggest expense.

jones performance

Reaction score
Bought it sight unseen. Brought it out here. Just a gypsy girl. Wants everything for nothing. Tries to take advantage of everyone.
yup, she lists an address on her business website, google showed it being burger king on lake havasu ave :rolleyes:

jones performance

Reaction score
houseboatcaside.jpg
Two weeks ago my family and I were cruising Havasu popping in and out of coves looking for a beach close to site 6 when we came upon this house boat. View attachment 660499
View attachment 660504 The house boat appeared unoccupied so we gave it space but there was a nice beach around the corner and we set up camp on the beach. We were floating about an hour when a boat drove right up to the house boat, docked, and unloaded a few gas cans. The guy then fired up a generator and went inside. Being a curious guy (Nosey) I climb the hill between us and clearly saw the house boat had solar panels, a generator, and the four corner dock lines were covered in moss as if docked forever.
View attachment 660503

scroll in further on the satalite image... boats been there for some time