WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Living "the River life" is supposed to be F U N ................

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Ya know, as I read some of these threads about all the discontent & turmoil regarding these, supposed to be "fun" campgrounds & camping expierences, it brings to mind one of my own type situations. It was 1967, I was living 24/7 in a big "camp" ( Fort Ord )........It SHOULD have been a "happy place" :D I mean shit, we were ALL young, we ALL had guns, and I mean REAL guns, 50 cal. machine guns with all the "free" ammo we could shoot, fully automatic m-16's, some of us had bazooka's, rocket launchers, hand grenades & such :thumbsup for the average 20 year old, life could NOT have been much better,.......we could get a HUGE pitcher of beer for like a buck, well drinks for .50 cents, food & clothes & medical needs were free ........ NOTHING to spend our money on but booze & hookers :D yeah, for the most part, life WAS good :D

B U T there was ALWAYS some azzhat that would fuk up the good times with a bunch of BS rules & regulations :skull.............as time was drawing near to the end of this part of the "camp out" our 1st seargent decided he was gonna turn this "F troop" into something else :fingers: he went to another company ( a different group of "campers" ) an got this big, I mean REALLY big ass dude, looked like Woody Strode, about 6'8 LEAN MEAN bad ass mfer,......................he came upstairs in our barracks and had us ALL line up at attention WITH the 1st Sarge and proceeded to introduce himself to all the rest of us. After the 1st Sarge left to go downstairs, he proceeds to strut up & down the floor like some kinda a proud peacock, telling us how he was gonna beat the livin shit outta ANYBODY that got outta line :eek: :blah::blah::blah:

About the time he got to the back wall of the barracks, the one with NO door, about 10 of us rushed him, threw a blanket over him, proceeded to beat the livin shit outta HIM, dragged his ass to the stairs & threw him down to the bottom an hollered, "send us another one" :D ":eek:

Well to make a longer story shorter,..... we didn't drink any beer for the rest of our stay :D, in fact, we didn't go ANYWHERE for the rest of our "stay" . In that he couldn't say EXACTLY who jacked his ass up, we were ALL "punished" for the melee, .......sorry for the guy's that weren't a part of the "blanket party" BUT, sometimes you just gotta sacrafice a few for the many :thumbsup

Next time one of your "camp host's" tries to throw a "wet blanket" on the festivities in camp, you may want to consider having YOUR own "blanket party" ..........................Just a thought :hmm

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't think throwing a wet blanket over the managers of the BLM parks and beating the shit out of them is really an option.. LOL

RD

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
F troop? My uncle still wants to get even for that. :D

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
I don't think throwing a wet blanket over the managers of the BLM parks and beating the shit out of them is really an option.. LOL

RD

I think we might get to the point of revolt some time with all the new regs on boating and offroading.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

RD

We didn't THINK throwing a blanket over the "new" platoon leader and beating the shit out of him was an option either( actualy, we didn't really even think about it, it just sorta "happened") :D .....BUT I gaurantee you, the "next" guy thought twice before pulling some chicken shit "rules infraction" deal on us :cool:

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
That a true story Skyskier?

Mondorally

Reaction score

Attachments

• full_metal_jacket_blueray.jpg
    full_metal_jacket_blueray.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 334

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
That a true story Skyskier?

ALL of my "stories" are true :D I have been known to "enhance" certain parts of one or two here an there, BUT the contents of said are indeed "true" to the fact's :thumbsup ........bear in mind, I grew up in a different time, stuff we got away with back then would definately get you locked up in today's world :thumbsdown

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
ALL of my "stories" are true :D I have been known to "enhance" certain parts of one or two here an there, BUT the contents of said are indeed "true" to the fact's :thumbsup ........bear in mind, I grew up in a different time, stuff we got away with back then would definately get you locked up in today's world :thumbsdown

Nice. :D :thumbsup

I hear you as far as "today's world". There's a noticeable difference between the times I was a kid to now, and I'm only 35.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Yep, here's a pic before the blanket came out:D

:D CLASSIC :thumbsup that guy WAS like the DI's of my day. Back then they COULD & WOULD "manhandle" recruits that just couldn't get with the program :eek: After basic, I was held over ( another story for another time ) I had to go to the stockade to deliver the personal belongings, left behind by of one of our guy's that went AWOL. Seems he decided he was flat ass gonna go on a sitdown strike while in custody at the Army jail...........NO PROBLEM,......... the 2 gaurds drug him out, I mean literaly, by his hair ( he had left before we even got our 1st GI haircuts ), made him sign for his shitkit and drug him back to his cell :eek: I remembered this guy from the induction station in LA , he was THE only one that refused to take "the oath" the day he showed up in my unit, he came in with a beautiful black eye & limping :hmm The Army stockade has a whole different set of operating procedures :D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ya know, as I read some of these threads about all the discontent & turmoil regarding these, supposed to be "fun" campgrounds & camping expierences, it brings to mind one of my own type situations. It was 1967, I was living 24/7 in a big "camp" ( Fort Ord )........It SHOULD have been a "happy place" :D I mean shit, we were ALL young, we ALL had guns, and I mean REAL guns, 50 cal. machine guns with all the "free" ammo we could shoot, fully automatic m-16's, some of us had bazooka's, rocket launchers, hand grenades & such :thumbsup for the average 20 year old, life could NOT have been much better,.......we could get a HUGE pitcher of beer for like a buck, well drinks for .50 cents, food & clothes & medical needs were free ........ NOTHING to spend our money on but booze & hookers :D yeah, for the most part, life WAS good :D

B U T there was ALWAYS some azzhat that would fuk up the good times with a bunch of BS rules & regulations :skull.............as time was drawing near to the end of this part of the "camp out" our 1st seargent decided he was gonna turn this "F troop" into something else :fingers: he went to another company ( a different group of "campers" ) an got this big, I mean REALLY big ass dude, looked like Woody Strode, about 6'8 LEAN MEAN bad ass mfer,......................he came upstairs in our barracks and had us ALL line up at attention WITH the 1st Sarge and proceeded to introduce himself to all the rest of us. After the 1st Sarge left to go downstairs, he proceeds to strut up & down the floor like some kinda a proud peacock, telling us how he was gonna beat the livin shit outta ANYBODY that got outta line :eek: :blah::blah::blah:

About the time he got to the back wall of the barracks, the one with NO door, about 10 of us rushed him, threw a blanket over him, proceeded to beat the livin shit outta HIM, dragged his ass to the stairs & threw him down to the bottom an hollered, "send us another one" :D ":eek:

Well to make a longer story shorter,..... we didn't drink any beer for the rest of our stay :D, in fact, we didn't go ANYWHERE for the rest of our "stay" . In that he couldn't say EXACTLY who jacked his ass up, we were ALL "punished" for the melee, .......sorry for the guy's that weren't a part of the "blanket party" BUT, sometimes you just gotta sacrafice a few for the many :thumbsup

Next time one of your "camp host's" tries to throw a "wet blanket" on the festivities in camp, you may want to consider having YOUR own "blanket party" ..........................Just a thought :hmm

Great story....lol I grew up on Fort Ord and Marina. 10 of my sisters and brothers me included went to Seaside High School. We were living there and I was going to Patton around the timeframe you mention. Nothing but fond memories as we had the run of the place....literally. Stillwell Hall is completely gone by the way.....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We didn't THINK throwing a blanket over the "new" platoon leader and beating the shit out of him was an option either( actualy, we didn't really even think about it, it just sorta "happened") :D .....BUT I gaurantee you, the "next" guy thought twice before pulling some chicken shit "rules infraction" deal on us :cool:

By the way....where did you go see the hookers? On Broadway in Seaside or Franklin Strret in Monterey :)

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Great story....lol I grew up on Fort Ord and Marina. 10 of my sisters and brothers me included went to Seaside High School. We were living there and I was going to Patton around the timeframe you mention. Nothing but fond memories as we had the run of the place....literally. Stillwell Hall is completely gone by the way.....

STILLWELL hall G O N E :eek: HTF can the Army run that base without Stillwell hall ??? :D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
STILLWELL hall G O N E :eek: HTF can the Army run that base without Stillwell hall ??? :D

After the base closed they wanted to try to save it but the ocean just ate away at it till they had to take it down completely. We had many parties in there :) Ya, I was an officers kid

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
By the way....where did you go see the hookers? On Broadway in Seaside or Franklin Strret in Monterey :)

I only made it into Seaside a couple of times. In 1967 there was a Meningitas outbreak on the base so ALL of us raw recruits were SUPPOSED to be in quarentine for our entire 8 weeks of basic training :rolleyes: ................took me all of about 5 seconds to figure out that the ONLY thing that differentiated us "newbies" from the rest was WE had a white tag sewed onto our fatigue shirts above our name tags :D:thumbsup Seemed ez enough to remove the white tag, an I'd look like the rest of them :hmm...........................whod'a THOUGHT I'd run into Sgt. Rodriguez, in the "Salty Dog Saloon", in Seaside :eek:.............
That was my 1st of my several article fifteen's. :skull I had enough of those I KNOW there's a big flat screen TV in some "old soldiers" home somewhere :D with a tag on it " Donated by pvt. Scales" :D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I only made it into Seaside a couple of times. In 1967 there was a Meningitas outbreak on the base so ALL of us raw recruits were SUPPOSED to be in quarentine for our entire 8 weeks of basic training :rolleyes: ................took me all of about 5 seconds to figure out that the ONLY thing that differentiated us "newbies" from the rest was WE had a white tag sewed onto our fatigue shirts above our name tags :D:thumbsup Seemed ez enough to remove the white tag, an I'd look like the rest of them :hmm...........................whod'a THOUGHT I'd run into Sgt. Rodriguez, in the "Salty Dog Saloon", in Seaside :eek:.............
That was my 1st of my several article fifteen's. :skull I had enough of those I KNOW there's a big flat screen TV in some "old soldiers" home somewhere :D with a tag on it " Donated by pvt. Scales" :D

lol....You have any photos of around the base from that timeframe? If so I would really appreciate seeing them.

My Mom was on a letter writing campaign to save the old flagpole from the North West side of the base. After the base was closed the flagpole was to be taken down and my Mom got it saved. I can't remember where they took it to but it was put up somewhere -vs- just being tossed in a dump somewhere.

My Dad was the stud golfer on the golf courses. He somehow found time to play golf almost on a daily basis. I played them all the time and never paid a dime. My brother still plays the Bayonet and Blackhorse courses but they have stopped giving any real good deals to retired military which sucks ass. At least not like they used to. The courses are backup courses for the AT&T if need be.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
lol....You have any photos of around the base from that timeframe? If so I would really appreciate seeing them.

My Mom was on a letter writing campaign to save the old flagpole from the North West side of the base. After the base was closed the flagpole was to be taken down and my Mom got it saved. I can't remember where they took it to but it was put up somewhere -vs- just being tossed in a dump somewhere.

My Dad was the stud golfer on the golf courses. He somehow found time to play golf almost on a daily basis. I played them all the time and never paid a dime. My brother still plays the Bayonet and Blackhorse courses but they have stopped giving any real good deals to retired military which sucks ass. At least not like they used to. The courses are backup courses for the AT&T if need be.

Camera's were the 1st thing we took to the pawn shop :( dumass kids :skull ........probably pawned mine for cabfare to get to the Salty Dog :D
I spent a LOT of time on the Bayonet course............................................picking up trash, as part of my "xtra duty & detail :swear I went to the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach in 2000, I was with a bunch of execs from Verizon, they wanted to party in Monterey, but I took 'em to Seaside instead to show 'em how the other half lives :thumbsup IF I had it to do all over again, the only thing I'd do different is take more pictures, lot's more

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Camera's were the 1st thing we took to the pawn shop :( dumass kids :skull ........probably pawned mine for cabfare to get to the Salty Dog :D
I spent a LOT of time on the Bayonet course............................................picking up trash, as part of my "xtra duty & detail :swear I went to the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach in 2000, I was with a bunch of execs from Verizon, they wanted to party in Monterey, but I took 'em to Seaside instead to show 'em how the other half lives :thumbsup IF I had it to do all over again, the only thing I'd do different is take more pictures, lot's more

Up until last year I was a marshall on the 18th at PB for the AT&T. Lots of stories at the AT&T...Kevin Costner, Glen Cambell, Phil Mickelson, Samuel Jackson, George Lopez, Tiger Woods (who won't play it anymore) and that asshole Bill Murray :)

Should have taken them to Sly McFlys :)

I have some old ones of Fort Ord but not on the 'puter.

When they shut down the old hospital and opened up Silas B Hays we used to take our german shephard in the old location to catch cats :) Those hallways were very, very long and the floors were polished. We would tie Tuffy to a bike and he would take off and pull us thru the hallways. That was a lot of fun. Do you remember the Country Store?

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

Man I WISH I was into golf at that time !.....I KNOW Id'a been a "ringer" for the Colonel !!.............

X Hoser

Reaction score
Up until last year I was a marshall on the 18th at PB for the AT&T. Lots of stories at the AT&T...Kevin Costner, Glen Cambell, Phil Mickelson, Samuel Jackson, George Lopez, Tiger Woods (who won't play it anymore) and that asshole Bill Murray :)

Should have taken them to Sly McFlys :)

I have some old ones of Fort Ord but not on the 'puter.

When they shut down the old hospital and opened up Silas B Hays we used to take our german shephard in the old location to catch cats :) Those hallways were very, very long and the floors were polished. We would tie Tuffy to a bike and he would take off and pull us thru the hallways. That was a lot of fun. Do you remember the Country Store?
Are you serious about Bill Murray? When he and Michael Jordon were in Arrowhead shooting Space Balls, (I think that was the movie?), they stayed at the Hotel on the lake. Every night he was in the bar laughing and scratching and dancing with the locals. I was not there but everyone was talking about how nice he was. DIIK

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Are you serious about Bill Murray? When he and Michael Jordon were in Arrowhead shooting Space Balls, (I think that was the movie?), they stayed at the Hotel on the lake. Every night he was in the bar laughing and scratching and dancing with the locals. I was not there but everyone was talking about how nice he was. DIIK

ya…the bitch wouldnt sign stuff for the soldiers overseas. Said it was against his thoughts or whatever. F HIM