WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Living Will/Trust

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Looking to have a trust setup for my Family. Do we have an RDP hookup for this? Looking Someone near San Dimas.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Looking to have a trust setup for my Family. Do we have an RDP hookup for this? Looking Someone near San Dimas.
subscribed... we need one as well, we are out of upland.

wzuber

Reaction score
Selters & Selters
909/622-2507
Ben or Clark
Their in Pomona straight across the street from the court house.
Really good people and very reasonably priced.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Just get a napkin out write on it "in the case that I die sudden/accidentally I will everything of value to my kids and any impending debt to River Dave" take it to the notary boom.

Then just go live an amazing life on credit cards and loans.

I'm having a blast 😆

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Howard Hawkins in La Verne. Just finishdd ours up this week. Hes a friend of the family and my wife teaches with his wife. Wonderful people.

Taboma

Reaction score
Many years ago when my dad and I set up his, it required a few in person office visits. Is this still the case, so best to find one in reasonably close proximity ?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If you employer offers "group legal" come open enrollment this November, sign up for it. Next calendar year use the group legal benefit to do your Living Trust. Drop group legal your next open enrollment. I have done this both to create the trust and amend the trust. Cost me 14 bucks a month for a 3500 dollar trust job twice over.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
subscribed... we need one as well, we are out of upland.

We used Richard Anderson. Former mayor of Upland, knows his shit, and an avid hunter, which is good when you have a gun collection you want to list. My G/F and I own our house together, so we each have separate trusts, but the house is jointly owned and tied to the two trusts. Good prices, and quick. Best of all, they filed all the paperwork, modified the home ownership to reflect the dual trusts, and we didn't have to do much except pay.

Anderson Richard G the Law Offices Of in Upland, CA

Anderson Richard G the Law Offices Of (Attorneys) is practicing law in Upland, California. This lawyer is listed on Lawyer Map under the main category Lawyers - All in Attorneys.

You can reach us on phone number (909) 949-2226, fax number or email address . Our office is located on 1365 W Foothill Blvd, #2, Upland, CA,

nowski

Reaction score
Selters & Selters
909/622-2507
Ben or Clark
Their in Pomona straight across the street from the court house.
Really good people and very reasonably priced.

What is reasonably priced?

The prices for trusts are all over the place. My brother (one property) had his done yesterday and paid $1400, I told him he should have called me first, I could have saved him a boat load of cash...

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Need one in AZ as well..

RD
I’ll let you know in a few weeks. We are getting our trust done in CA and our attorney wants to find us someone for the Havasu house documents. I’ll either have a good or bad report for you on someone 🤣

We are using Shoup Legal in Murrieta. It’s about $5k as we are putting in a trust split for my stepdaughter and we have a few homes. Luckily we bought a basic trust package worth $3600 at a charity auction for a great deal and we just had to come in with the extra. Seriously can’t believe how much it costs but at least it’s not paid to the government.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
My Father in law has been doing these forever, as well as my wife...not a plug for their office as they are so backed up she has been working 6 days a week to try and catch up for a year. If you don't have one you need one and talk to your friends and family as well about getting this done. The carnage that comes from not having your shit in order is ridiculous and why attorneys make a lot of money. Also once you have it, keep it updated !

Bear Down

Reaction score
We used Richard Anderson. Former mayor of Upland, knows his shit, and an avid hunter, which is good when you have a gun collection you want to list. My G/F and I own our house together, so we each have separate trusts, but the house is jointly owned and tied to the two trusts. Good prices, and quick. Best of all, they filed all the paperwork, modified the home ownership to reflect the dual trusts, and we didn't have to do much except pay.

Anderson Richard G the Law Offices Of in Upland, CA

Anderson Richard G the Law Offices Of (Attorneys) is practicing law in Upland, California. This lawyer is listed on Lawyer Map under the main category Lawyers - All in Attorneys.

You can reach us on phone number (909) 949-2226, fax number or email address . Our office is located on 1365 W Foothill Blvd, #2, Upland, CA,
that's great! always try to keep $$ in our city

84miller

Reaction score
Just want to give a few items regarding trusts/wills that I learned from being the trustee after the death. First get the trust, set it up, as the sooner in life it is established, the harder it is for relatives outside of the trust to take the trust to court. Yes a trust can be held up and go to court from relatives who are not beneficiaries. So if you make one, make no changes to your intended beneficiaries and has been established for 20 years, it shows your established intentions. After it is established, put a folder together with all the information. Title it "incase of death". Then don't discuss it even with the trustee as far as the details. For my situation, bank accounts and a few investment accounts that had the beneficiaries defined on the accounts (outside of the trust) were the easiest and quickest to process. I could write way too much about this and my experience. Get the trust, establish it, make no changes to beneficiaries and do not discuss with no one including the trustee.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I’ll let you know in a few weeks. We are getting our trust done in CA and our attorney wants to find us someone for the Havasu house documents. I’ll either have a good or bad report for you on someone 🤣

We are using Shoup Legal in Murrieta. It’s about $5k as we are putting in a trust split for my stepdaughter and we have a few homes. Luckily we bought a basic trust package worth $3600 at a charity auction for a great deal and we just had to come in with the extra. Seriously can’t believe how much it costs but at least it’s not paid to the government.

We were told the same thing. Separate trusts are needed for Arizona and California. Looking forward to seeing if there is anyone that can do both at a reasonable cost.

C-2

Reaction score
Many years ago when my dad and I set up his, it required a few in person office visits. Is this still the case, so best to find one in reasonably close proximity ?

If you update your browser you won't need to visit in person.

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaa 😃 👍

Taboma

Reaction score
If you update your browser you won't need to visit in person.

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaa 😃 👍

Given that choice, I'll make the drive 😂 Screw it, maybe I'll open up the ole Internet Explorer and watch everybody's heads explode 🤯

Reactions: C-2

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Yeah, whatever you do, don't procrastinate. I've seen family get ripped apart because their loved one said, "I'll get it done someday", with that day being one day too late.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yeah, whatever you do, don't procrastinate. I've seen family get ripped apart because their loved one said, "I'll get it dome someday", with that day being one day too late.

So the deceased went straight to hell and did not pass go or collect $ 200 ??? I figure if my kids don't want to deal with the BS of probate, they can Uber my aging ass to some lawyer and they can pay for it. 😂 That's what I had to do with my dad, with him bitching and complaining the entire time.

nowski

Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive: Give April Chapman a call 800-966-4565 and tell her nowski referred you.

April covers Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernadino and San Diego Counties...

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If you employer offers "group legal" come open enrollment this November, sign up for it. Next calendar year use the group legal benefit to do your Living Trust. Drop group legal your next open enrollment. I have done this both to create the trust and amend the trust. Cost me 14 bucks a month for a 3500 dollar trust job twice over.

That is what we did.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
1632504844989.png

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
My Father in law has been doing these forever, as well as my wife...not a plug for their office as they are so backed up she has been working 6 days a week to try and catch up for a year. If you don't have one you need one and talk to your friends and family as well about getting this done. The carnage that comes from not having your shit in order is ridiculous and why attorneys make a lot of money. Also once you have it, keep it updated !

So true. Luckily we did it early upon concerns that the amount we travel if something would have happened we wanted to be sure that our son would be taken care of. Then as our son grew and things changed as well as our assets we wanted to be sure that our son would not have control of the $$$$ until a point that he would be responsible to handle it. Now it is kind in it’s final stage and in 4 more years it just it there to make sure that our assets don’t go into probate or the like. The funny thing is that the same attorney did my grandparents, parents and our trust. But we did ours before the parents. I am of the opinion that you are better off safe than sorry.

Best to all of you that are doing it. It is worth every cent for the peace of mind tha tit brings. 👍

LuauLounge

Reaction score
We convinced my parents to do a trust, they met with the attorney, week later, signed the documents and my father passed 6 days later.
My mother passed 5 years later, my sister and I met with the S&L where they had CD deposits. Gave them the trust docs and copies of the death certificates and the manager asked if we wanted to open new accounts or did we want Cashier's Checks. We chose the latter and 15 minutes later left with the checks. Same deal with Merrill Lynch, at the time I had a ML account, so they transferred 1/2 to me and 1/2 to my sister.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Looks like I need to see another Attorney..

My understanding is that is exactly why you have a single trust and have multiple properties in different states in it. You avoid probate which is a state construct. If you have a house in CA and a house in AZ you could end up in two different probate courts. By having a trust with those properties in it, you are golden. Having said that, like @240Hallett we also have a revocable trust with AZ properties and Utah property in it.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We have one trust with our assets in Arizona and Hawaii.

Same with us, as well as our parents... Properties in multiple states under a single trust. Ours is already setup but if was attorney shopping I really liked Rich Rahnema in Havasu.