WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOG DENT

Reaction score
the below is what I tried, but the dent did not pop out. it's a 2" dent on side of log 6" from the end/rear of log. any ideas ?

Step 1
Wipe down the dent on your pontoon boat with a damp polishing cloth. Plug your hairdryer into an electrical outlet so that it reaches the dent with enough slack in the cord to move the hairdryer back and forth across the entire dent. Find a place for the air-duster canister within easy reach, because you need it immediately after heating the dent with the hair dryer.

Step 2
Turn the hair dryer on to its highest power and heat setting. Position the hair dryer so the nozzle is no more than one inch away from the dent on the pontoon boat, but do not allow the hair dryer to actually touch the boat. Slowly move the hair dryer back and forth across the dented area for one minute, heating the dent. Turn off the hair dryer.

Step 3
Hold the air-duster canister and and quickly turn it upside down with the top facing the ground. This will cause the air-duster to dispense liquid carbon dioxide instead of compressed air. Spray the entire heated dent with liquid carbon dioxide for 30 seconds.

Step 4
Wait two minutes until the extreme temperature difference between the heated dent in your pontoon boat and the liquid carbon dioxide causes the dent to pop right out.

Step 5
Wipe off any remaining liquid carbon dioxide with your damp polishing cloth.

Reaction score
picked up a HF "industrial strength" heat gun and did get way HOTTER than the hair dryer, but dent still did not pop out.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Could you pressurize the log a bit (2-3psi would be my guess, under 10 for sure!) while doing it?

Icky

Reaction score
Dry ice and heat gun

95Enforcer

Reaction score
I would think if its near the end and has access close a good paintless dent removal guy can get in there and make it near perfect.