WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Loma Linda Childrens Hospital

RVRKID

Reaction score
Anyone work there or know anybody that does? My son is scheduled for surgery on Monday to basically have both legs reconstructed, they are cutting each femur then cutting his hamstrings and the muscles in his calves. Well they are telling us only one parent at a time and we can only switch every 24 hours because of this fucking COVID. I can't imagine not being there when he gets out of surgery and wakes up, so I'm wondering if there is anything someone could do, even if we could switch off every hour or 2 and then his Mom would stay the night with him.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son. I’m a firm believer in having an family member there at all times as an advocate. I personally would reschedule it when that is possible.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Loma Linda is among the best in our country. Good selection, Mom and Dad. Hoping all goes very well.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Damm chris.. sorry to hear that brother.. all my thoughts n prayers go out man!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I wish I could help but my son was there for 3 months and it was hands down the best possible experience given the outcome. The staff was incredible and understood our position.

My guess is that the staff will help facilitate any bending of the rules if able.

Backlash

Reaction score
Man that's terrible news. I'm sorry to hear this! Years ago, my son (Chris), was hospitalized at LLUMC. The staff told us to wait in the waiting area. I told them we were going to need two chairs brought to the room because neither his mother or I were leaving. I wasnt leaving my little boy there alone. Period. We ended up living there for a week and they were hospitable once they realized we wanted to be there 24/7 for my little boy. I'm sure times have changed a bit since then, but they should try and accommodate you guys.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm real sorry to hear this...and wish there were something I could do or someone I knew. I hope your son does well, and I hope someone can lend a hand to you and your wife.

As sketchy as it may be, could you sign in as a "visitor" for another patient? Trying to figure out how to get you by the gatekeepers. Normally the nurses seem good with the family thing.

Good luck, hope all goes well for your family.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Wish I could help, I work for the university dental school & no Children’s hospital connections. Like others have said, he will get the best care. The dedication and expertise is unrivaled. Prayers for a quick recovery 🙏🏻.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I could help [emoji53] Y'all will be in my prayers.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

One2go

Reaction score
Our family will be thinking about him Chris,I do know that thats a great facility and top notch.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I'm real sorry to hear this...and wish there were something I could do or someone I knew. I hope your son does well, and I hope someone can lend a hand to you and your wife.

As sketchy as it may be, could you sign in as a "visitor" for another patient? Trying to figure out how to get you by the gatekeepers. Normally the nurses seem good with the family thing.

Good luck, hope all goes well for your family.

Thank you and that’s what is making it harder, not my wife but my now ex but hopefully we can get thru this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobldj

Reaction score
aint gonna happen.my granddaughter ( 7 months old ) just had brain surgery on april 14th.1 parent at a time and can only switch every 24 hours.shes doing fine btw.sucks but thats how it is right now.loma linda is the best !

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
My father has been a professor at the university for 40 plus years and said it strange times for sure. sorry about your son but he is in good hands my family has been in and out of that place for years and always well taken care of.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
That surgery sounds brutal. I have had a broken femur as a young adult. It was a mother fucker.

Good luck to your boy. Keep us updated. Poor little dude.

sirbob

Reaction score
Having spent the last three days with someone close to me in ICU that I could not see ...

They said 2 types of patients are allowed to have a visitor right now.

1) a child delivery gets 1 visitor
2) end of life

RVRKID

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I feel so bad for him but this will be so good for him in the long run. If we didn't do it I believe he would have to wear 2 braces and maybe a walker down the line for most his life with his Cerebral Palsy. We will see once we get there Monday how it works out and I will give an update when it is done.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So sad to read this...

You're at a top notch hospital though. Try no to worry too much. (Yeah right)

😔

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I wish I could help but my son was there for 3 months and it was hands down the best possible experience given the outcome. The staff was incredible and understood our position.

My guess is that the staff will help facilitate any bending of the rules if able.
For what little it may be worth to RiverKid, my oldest has had 2 heart surgeries there.
Top notch, awesome doctors and staff.
Your boy is in good hands.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Seth is out, actual surgery time was a little over 3 hours. Dr said it went good and as planned. He is still in pain so they are trying to keep him asleep. Thank you for everyone’s thought and prayers. I took this pic while she Face Timed me.
F33EA910-A72A-4569-8E57-03D775B324BA.png

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Poor guy. That hits hard. Look at it this way Mom gets to hang out with him while he sleeps you get to hang out with him when hes awake. My family will be praying for a speedy recovery. Best of luck you guys.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Praying for your little one, that picture just really hit me, he's so innocent.😢

Last edited:

DMF

Reaction score
I am glad that surgery went well! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Seeing things like this makes me feel so lucky and blessed as a parent. I can’t imagine what this must be like. All of the little things in my life, and all the struggles my kids have make me feel ashamed of myself for pissing and moaning how bad I think I have it at times. Prayers for you and your family, hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76 Southwind

Reaction score
Hopefully this morning finds your son that much more on his way to recovery.. Prayers to you and your Family..

Advantage 1

Reaction score
That is a tough picture. Nice to hear all went good as planned.

Hoping for the best, speedy recovery for Seth!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
poor dude, hopefully he will get through the initial stage quickly, that has to be painful. Sending positive vibes!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Prayers for your Son and Family on the RDP prayer chain. Kids are pretty resilient. Loma Linda did my Pops right. Hang in there Kid.

DWC

Reaction score
Prayers to your son and family sir. The two of you will be back on the trails soon enough. Take care.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Poor kid. Hope he gets better soon and can get back to being a kid.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prayers for a positive outcome and hope the 2 of you can be with him!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Thanks for the update you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.