WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Long Beach experts?

X-rated

Reaction score
Getting on a cruise ship in Feb, flying into LB the day before. Looking for a decent (CHEAP) hotel that would work not too far from the airport and not too far from San Pedro. Suggestions?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Hotel Maya is not cheap, but it is nice. The Residence Inn Next door is also solid.

Every other place I've stayed in LB has had issues.

X-rated

Reaction score
Hotel Maya looks cool but requires you to stay 2 nights.

timstoy

Reaction score
Might check with the Marriott near the LB airport. They may have a shuttle to your boat.

DWC

Reaction score
Hotel Maya looks cool but requires you to stay 2 nights.
The Hilton app doesn’t show a 2night min? Maybe not until you click final booking? The Maya is pretty nice place to hang. Decent bar and food.

Spider

Reaction score
Stick to a name brand Hotel lots hotels here in the LBC are very interesting to put it nicely! Even on Ocean Bld you’re going to experience the “downtowns” of the new world. Marriott by the airport is nice and not too far from boats.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Been a few years since I stayed there, but the Hilton/Double Tree in San Pedro is right near the cruise terminals.

termiteguy

Reaction score
From the airport to the cruise ship is about a 10 minute uber ride pick a decent hotel and have fun. We are doing a cruise out of lbc in july we will likely take a car service to and from out house in lake forest

boatpi

Reaction score
The Marriott by the airport has some good deals, and they often have a shuttle

Nowhere to eat nearby but about a mile and a half away they have some new restaurants probably at eight dollar Uber right there’s also a great Thai restaurant it’s been there for 30 years about five minutes away called Thai corner, it’s in Lakewood check it out.

gqchris

Reaction score
Westin Downtown is my suggestion if they allow 1 night. I can give ya guys a ride if ya need it. We live in downtown Long Beach also and always love crusing over to Pedro and continuing on to Palos Verdes. Just let me know!

timstoy

Reaction score
The Marriott by the airport has some good deals, and they often have a shuttle

Nowhere to eat nearby but about a mile and a half away they have some new restaurants probably at eight dollar Uber right there’s also a great Thai restaurant it’s been there for 30 years about five minutes away called Thai corner, it’s in Lakewood check it out.
About a block east of the Marriott at Clark and Spring St. there’s a microbrewery, pizza place, Chinese food and Baja Sonora with good Mexican food in a strip mall. Head north on Lakewood Blvd a couple of miles and you will find a new shopping center with many food options including a In and Out Burger. Go a little farther north across Carson St. and Viking Way you will find many other food places including the Thai corner, Dale’s Diner and the Thirsty Isle, a local dive bar that has been there forever.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
The Westin on ocean is nice and also convenient. I’ve lived in the aqua towers across the street a few different times during my life. It’s a nice area and very convenient to the cruise port.

timstoy

Reaction score
The Maya has also been the official hotel for the Catalina ski race for many years! We have stayed at the Maya several times and was always had a great experience. All hotels near the water will be expensive.

X-rated

Reaction score
Thanks a million everyone! Lots of good suggestions