WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Long Beach Sprint Nationals

timstoy

Reaction score
Tomorrow May 22 is the last day to sign the petition.Please sign the petition to save the race at SCSC racing.com. Also we need people to show up at the Long Beach city council meeting on Tuesday May 24 at 5pm at Long Beach city hall to show your support for the race. We need to pack this meeting. See you there!

Last edited:

RaceTec

Reaction score
Thank you for reminding everyone, I just reposted it on FB also! Come on people let's keep Racing in LBC!

DUN

Reaction score
Really appreciate the heads up. Signed.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I signed it a few weeks ago. It jumped to 2,000 signatures in about 1.5 days. I am surprised to see it at under 2,500 signatures now.

timstoy

Reaction score
I signed it a few weeks ago. It jumped to 2,000 signatures in about 1.5 days. I am surprised to see it at under 2,500 signatures now.
That’s why l reposted, sometimes people don’t see the post or forget to sign the petition. Thanks to all that signed. The city hates complaints but loves people spending money in the city!

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
A very sad and depressing (but not unexpected) announcement regarding the traditional early August boat races at Long Beach Marine Stadium. If nothing else, Long Beach politics is very crafty and clever about manipulating the system to get the results they want. The handwriting was on the wall when a scheduled May 24 vote was neatly side-stepped by the LB City council and referred to a 'hearing officer' instead (no public meeting). Predictably, time has now conveniently run out while awaiting a meeting with the 'hearing officer' which IMO was just another delaying tactic.

What now? It appears certain that the 2022 Long Beach circle races are cancelled. I know a good number of petition signatures have been gathered supporting the races but it seems likely that petitions will be pretty much meaningless in future discussions about reinstating the racing program. The City plays hardball -- it has for decades. The boat racing community needs a 'friend' who has political clout in Long Beach politics -- Does such a person, or persons like that exist? Without someone on the City Council or in the mayor's office who is willing to step forward and champion the boat racing cause, this is an incredible and almost unwinnable uphill battle. I wish Ross and SCSC the best of luck.

DUN

Reaction score
An un-permitted hot boat show this year instead sounds rad... Though that might not sit well with the city either.

Joe mama

Reaction score
I’m really surprised the Long Beach Grand Prix is still going.
Change the name to the Long Beach Pride Nationals and it will be on.