WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Long term RV space info in Havasu/Parker in the wintertime

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
So here is the deal. We are in the process of purchasing a new to us 43' Class A with slides on both sides. Sportin' Wood has been working from home since March of last year and will be for the foreseeable future. So we have made some major life decisions and one of them is to purchase a motorhome and head south in the winter. The Islander is already booked, and they put us on the waitlist, but I don't have high hopes. Where else to stay? We need some space for our big girl and we need reliable internet or legit cell service for a mobile setup from either AT&T or Verizon. I know you all have opinions. We don't want to move around. We could potentially move once, but we can't be moving often because Jeff doesn't want to spend every weekend moving.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Just curious. Did you look into the park models at the Islander that are for sale. Wonder if they have gone up in price as much as the homes in Havasu.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Just curious. Did you look into the park models at the Islander that are for sale. Wonder if they have gone up in price as much as the homes in Havasu.

Well, we plan to be in Montana and Idaho in the summer, so a park model won't work for us ;) Next winter, we plan on heading across the south and to Florida. Going to work on those reservations after I get this coming winter secure. We are going to be gypsies for a while :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Well, we plan to be in Montana and Idaho in the summer, so a park model won't work for us ;) Next winter, we plan on heading across the south and to Florida. Going to work on those reservations after I get this coming winter secure. We are going to be gypsies for a while :D
@Singleton knows a lot about the Islander. I hear they have a requirement on how old your RV can be to stay there. 10 years?

grumpy88

Reaction score
Good luck in parker if the islander is your bench mark . Parker is a little more old school and most people will say internet and phone is dicey at best .

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be as nice as the islander, just big enough spaces and ability to conduct video conferences. We don't need the pool, restaurant and stuff. Don't even need to be that close to the water, but it would be nice. Parker was our first choice because we are small town folk, but we have heard the internet will be a problem, so we started looking north. Other cool places outside of the Colorado River where it's warm would be an option also. Don't need to be at the river as we won't have a boat unless we get a wild hair and decide to buy one between now and then.

Just would rather not be in California for obvious reasons.

Singleton

Reaction score
@Singleton knows a lot about the Islander. I hear they have a requirement on how old your RV can be to stay there. 10 years?

Islander is 10 years or younger for your RV or Trailer.

WireFree business account or personal account (highest speed), is mandatory at any RV park on the Island.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Islander is 10 years or younger for your RV or Trailer.

WireFree business account or personal account (highest speed), is mandatory at any RV park on the Island.
Hows the prices on the park models. Have they can up like the homes have?

Singleton

Reaction score
Hows the prices on the park models. Have they can up like the homes have?

The new ones being built are crazy. The prices for peninsula lake view were over 500. Center row peninsula is over 250. The new ones being built by the launch ramp are tbd. The older models can still be found for 125. The older larger olds one are higher.

I will be looking this summer for one. However I need to sit down with the Islander. My mom wants to use it in the winter and me in the summer, so I need to figure out how that can be done.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Angie join the fraternal order of elks, come out setup shop and stay for free so long as Jeff is a member! You can use their rv parks across the country! It’s pretty bad ass for that purpose abd the food is always good and cheap! People will be 30 years your senior but no big deal.

as for the rest there is a ton of rv parks in havasu both on and off the water. I’d call crazy horse first and then just just go down the list.. I don’t think you will have problems if you book early.

Singleton

Reaction score
On the Island you have Islander, Beachcomber and Crazy Horse. I know a few Islander RV summer spot renters that got kicked out of the Islander and moved over to the Beachcomber. All 3 would require WireFree.

Also know a few folks that had places in the Havasu RV Resort by Lowe’s. Very nice park IMO. The refuge is also building something outside the gate, but not sure the surrounding area is that good.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Angie join the fraternal order of elks, come out setup shop and stay for free so long as Jeff is a member! You can use their rv parks across the country! It’s pretty bad ass for that purpose abd the food is always good and cheap! People will be 30 years your senior but no big deal.

as for the rest there is a ton of rv parks in havasu both on and off the water. I’d call crazy horse first and then just just go down the list.. I don’t think you will have problems if you book early.

You don't just join according to their site RD. You have to be sponsored by someone and have two other members vouch for ya.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think Chipster is an Elk. Fun times, cheap drinks and you can patronize any of their lodges.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Speaking as a long time member, you are both correct.

OK....So if I wanted to join someone has to vouch for me like the mob, right? lol

I will be traveling all over and would really like access to the RV parking-camping.

So.......Who on RD is a member of the Elks besides RichL?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My dad has a place at a park in Bullhead. It is age restricted, but I believe they allow anyone over 50. There are some codgers for sure but it is a nice place. He's got a park model but there are a number of motor homes and tt/5th wheel set ups as well.

RichL

Reaction score
OK....So if I wanted to join someone has to vouch for me like the mob, right? lol

I will be traveling all over and would really like access to the RV parking-camping.

So.......Who on RD is a member of the Elks besides RichL?
Just to be clear I'm a member of a lodge here in Ohio. You will need sponsorship from someone in a local lodge. Not all lodges have RV accessability, but you would be welcome at all lodges.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Just to be clear I'm a member of a lodge here in Ohio. You will need sponsorship from someone in a local lodge. Not all lodges have RV accessability, but you would be welcome at all lodges.

Thank you for that.

So....who here is a Elks Member in Cave Creek, Scottsdale, Carefree area? Come on out Elks :)

HBCraig

Reaction score
Correct. I had my moho there for a few years. From what I was told the winter months send all the snowbirds down there. It's packed or at least it was in past years

riverroyal

Reaction score
For islander just keep checking in with them. Super tough, its been full full. We have wifi there and its plenty fast for work meetings. A park model fixer is 130 ish if you can grab it quick. But good luck getting a loan if you need it.
The 10 year rule is kinda flexible. They just dont want old beat up stuff in there. Elks lot is ok, unique crowd. Place near Lowes kicks ass.
You can also buy a Garage/live/storage thing near bunker bar exit on the 95. Park the RV there.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. Still looking. Found a spot at Havasu RV resort available, but the guy wants 6-month rental and we only want 5 months at most. We have Zion planned the month before and Sedona planned the month after and I'd hate to miss out on either one of those. We are not interested in purchasing any real estate at this time, especially not in this market, and don't plan to return to Havasu every winter. We are on a few waitlists, but I'm not holding my breath. Going to call Prospector next and Campbell Cove, which looks pretty sucky, surrounded by storage facilities, but it may have to do if they have room. Beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Crazy Horse could not accommodate our size RV this late in the game.

Last edited:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. Still looking. Found a spot at Havasu RV resort available, but the guy wants 6-month rental and we only want 5 months at most. We have Zion planned the month before and Sedona planned the month after and I'd hate to miss out on either one of those. We are not interested in purchasing any real estate at this time, especially not in this market, and don't plan to return to Havasu every winter. We are on a few waitlists, but I'm not holding my breath. Going to call Prospector next and Campbell Cove, which looks pretty sucky, surrounded by storage facilities, but it may have to do if they have room. Beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Do you have to stay in Havasu?

Pebo

Cocktail Krew
Reaction score
This place is pretty nice. Similar to the Islander. https://www.palmsriverresort.com/

BajaT

Reaction score
La Paz County BOS approved Verizon placing a tower midway up river. Service should improve......

Singleton

Reaction score

Pay for 6, stay for 5
That place is nice, might be worth it

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I take that back. I've seen more expensive places. In Montana, in the summertime. LOL.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Okay, Durango is the most expensive so far. Wholly moly!! Supply and demand at it's finest :) Looks like I was able to secure a space at Prospector's. Looking forward to seeing some people that we haven't had the chance to spend time with in a long while.