WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Look what I found...from 1990, 92 and 93....Attn: old race fans....

Water Romper

Reaction score
So we had a yard sale last weekend and I was digging through some boxes that have not been opened for some 25+ years and here is what I found:
There were really neat articles and ad's...Stories about Ron "Brax" Braaksma hitting 230 MPH, the unfortunate death of Denver Mullins .....I forgot all about these... check out the IHBA program from 1990 at Puddingstone Lake (San Dimas, CA)
Damn...where did the years go....

Attachments

• IHBA.1.jpg
    IHBA.1.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IHBA.2.jpg
    IHBA.2.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IHBA.3.jpg
    IHBA.3.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IHBA.4.jpg
    IHBA.4.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Very cool. Will be fun to re-read all of them.

Water Romper

Reaction score
They are mine...they were in storage for ever. I found some never worn racing T shirts too, New York Seltzer was my favorite.. I found almost 40 years of horse racing stuff too, mostly from Santa Anita...

wzuber

Reaction score
That's really awesome cool.......any info. in them about BGF category? My uncle and cousin Dick and Mark Rulon were campaigning a Howard I believe in Blown Gas Flat. I think it was called Night Ranger. Mark was a LEO back then. I ran into them one day at Puddingstone walking thru the pits. Pleasantly surprised both of us. (actually I think at this particular time they had stepped up to a hydro but I believe it was named the same. )

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Those would be really cool scanned and uploaded so we all can read them ;)👍👍

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
@pixrthis wasn't this around quick sand time? God it can't have been that long ago....

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
"Quick Sand Time" ??
Quick Sand. Was a C&H hydro owned by John Sheiss and run in Eliminator and then Sean (pixtrths) drove it in Comp hydro with some mods at the same race. I CC for a while. Those mags probably have pics. It just doesn't seem that long ago. Sean was hi points. We missed hi points in eliminator by 3 even after changing classes 3 races into the season. Good times.