WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking at a 19' Daytona with a 200 Xri

81Sprint

Reaction score
New to OB's, found an immaculate 19 Daytona with a Merc 200 Xri. I don't know shit about outboards but I have always wanted a Daytona. That said I am gonna try and make a deal on it this weekend, what should i be on the lookout for? I know jets and had a few bigger I/O boats but never a whacker. The transom was replaced recently according to the owner.

Daytona.jpg

daytona motor.jpg

blue wonder

Reaction score
Check the compression and pull the lower drain plug on the lower unit and see if it has any water in it, that’ll be a good place to start…if you can’t make a deal and don’t mind forwarding me the info on the boat I’d appreciate it :)

hallett21

Reaction score
Check to see if it has oil injection or is premix. If you do buy it and it is oil injected I would consider ditching that and just premix.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Ditch the oil injection have the injectors cleaned and pull the vst apart clean the filter and put in a new needle.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Get a splash guard from Eliminator - the smallest of waves will come right over the transom - I had the same setup with a 2.5, 280hp merc with the exact same jack setup - had to run duckies, and always be ready to move - it will sink in a heartbeat if you don’t watch it like a hawk. I think Eliminator still makes them. Not sure how that one I was laid up, but some of them ( mine ) was Kevlar, and no full size adult could walk out on the front - it wouldn’t support the weight.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Bought it yesterday, after seeing it in person no way i wasn't coming home with it! It is pristine. He had a hard time getting the motor to idle, but it was super cold so cold blooded i guess.

Last edited:

HST4ME

Reaction score
Drippy injectors and swollen reed blocks.

Duramax

Reaction score
Bought it yesterday, after seeing it in person no way i wasn't coming home with it! It is pristine. He had a hard time getting the motor to idle, but it was super cold so cold blooded i guess.
Get the injectors cleaned asap, and put in good gas with some Klotz. Looks amazing!

81Sprint

Reaction score
What's the word on a good shop to get the motor serviced? I'm in Vegas, don't mind traveling to havasu or arizona if need be just not california.

Riverryder

Reaction score
What's the word on a good shop to get the motor serviced? I'm in Vegas, don't mind traveling to havasu or arizona if need be just not california.
nothing good in vegas for inboards let alone out boards. i have my mechanic but he only works for fun and does inboards.

Backlash

Reaction score
That is a beautiful boat, I love the colors!

81Sprint

Reaction score
Anyone have any contact info for Joe at Hot Laps? Can't find anything on the interwebs. Found a number 928-505-7223 but sounds like a fax machine

stoker2001

Reaction score
Try Aqua Marine in Henderson assuming they didnt close the doors?Ken Shaw good friend of mine was owner,unfortunatly he passed away unexpectably last year.family run business for decades

81Sprint

Reaction score
I was able to get ahold of Joe at Hot Laps, will be taking it to him for a once over

81Sprint

Reaction score
Dropped the Daytona off today to Joe, what a great guy! Loved the boat, talked to him for an hour or so, he's a busy guy for sure.