WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

looking at a Eliminator Eagle 236

rsscoggins

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2005 Eliminator Eagle 236 XP open bow mid cuddy. It has a 496 and less than 100 hours.

Can't find a lot of information on these boats? Not Eliminator but the 236 Eagle.

Anyone care to share experiences? How does it ride in rougher water? What speeds are to be expected with the 496?

Where is the best place to store an ice chest?

How much room is in the engine compartment?

Jon

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2005 Eliminator Eagle 236 XP open bow mid cuddy. It has a 496 and less than 100 hours.

Can't find a lot of information on these boats? Not Eliminator but the 236 Eagle.

Anyone care to share experiences? How does it ride in rougher water? What speeds are to be expected with the 496?

I wouldn't even think twice about buying it, they are GREAT boats. I have had mine for 2 years now, previous owner was my father in law. He built it brand new, so I've been around it for 15 years now. Mine is open now walk thru, and I put my ice chest between the captain's chairs. I currently have an soft sided AO cooler.

It handles pretty decent thru the bigger chop, been thru Thompson bay on havasu with wind and decent sized white caps and it ran thru the chop good, considering it's on the smaller side.

With the 496 mag you will see 70 on a good day. But I've had 4 people in the boat, full tank of gas and got it trimmed out perfect and hit 68. With a lab finished prop highest top speed I've seen was 73. But with the labbed prop it was a turd getting on plane. The 496 mag is also great on gas!!

There is decent storage under the hatch, enough room to put extra batteries, I have my extra prop in there.

If you have any more questions let me know!

Here's a pic of mine
20170714_154622.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jon

Reaction score

What info do you have on the boat? Price? Wheres it located?

rsscoggins

Reaction score
The boat is here in Texas but was originally from Colorado. It is a 2005 MCOB with a 496 and only 50 hours! Was listed at 30K but dropped to 28K. Seems low but if it is in good shape, I ain't complaining!

Going to look at it on Sunday. I have a lake condo on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs AR. This lake was formed by damning up the river and flooding the valley - it is deep (50 to 90'), long and narrow and gets rough on the weekends due to the sloshing of the waves from the boats to the shoreline and back.

Last edited:

Jon

Reaction score
The boat is here in Texas but was originally from Colorado. It is a 2005 MCOB with a 496 and only 50 hours! Was listed at 30K but dropped to 28K. Seems low but if it is in good shape, I ain't complaining!

Going to look at it on Sunday. I have a lake condo on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs AR. This lake was formed by damning up the river and flooding the valley - it is deep (50 to 90'), long and narrow and gets rough on the weekends due to the sloshing of the waves from the boats to the shoreline and back.
Wow 50 hours. It's still brand new. Has it been stored indoors its whole life? And 28k is a steal!!! Mine is a 2002 and I paid 30k for it. If it's in good shape and motor and drive check out. You wont be disappointed in the least bit!!

rsscoggins

Reaction score
Wow 50 hours. It's still brand new. Has it been stored indoors its whole life? And 28k is a steal!!! Mine is a 2002 and I paid 30k for it. If it's in good shape and motor and drive check out. You wont be disappointed in the least bit!!

from the pics, it looks like it has been stored inside.

Yeah 50 hours. Similar to the 2005 Eliminator FunDeck I bought in 2012 that only had 35 hours on it when I purchased it.

I am going to crawl all over it on Sunday and check it out!

Jon

Reaction score
from the pics, it looks like it has been stored inside.

Yeah 50 hours. Similar to the 2005 Eliminator FunDeck I bought in 2012 that only had 35 hours on it when I purchased it.

I am going to crawl all over it on Sunday and check it out!
So what's the verdict? Did it all check out?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rsscoggins

Reaction score
It’s a no go.

Hull appeared to be in decent shape with a few chips on the steps.

Engine had 50 hours.

Interior was stained and carpet would need replacing. That is a$4 to $5k cost that I wasn’t really willing to spend on top of purchase price unfortunately.

Jon

Reaction score
It’s a no go.

Hull appeared to be in decent shape with a few chips on the steps.

Engine had 50 hours.

Interior was stained and carpet would need replacing. That is a$4 to $5k cost that I wasn’t really willing to spend on top of purchase price unfortunately.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that, you would have enjoyed that boat.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk