WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking at a Super C- looking for feedback

precisiondetails

Reaction score
We are looking at buying a Super C. Have my eye on one of these-
6E0650C9-AABC-4EE4-BF4E-CBBEB3477B4F.png

anyone have any experience with these? Looking for advice and feedback.
thanks

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We are looking at buying a Super C. Have my eye on one of these-
View attachment 1049657
anyone have any experience with these? Looking for advice and feedback.
thanks
My preference is to avoid any company Thor owns. The bought Jayco a few years back and our Seneca Super C was crap and noisy as hell inside.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Run, don’t walk away from a Thor. That being said , I have a 2018 Seneca 37ts and so far I have just chased little issues. More fit and finish than anything. And would also add that it’s under powered for what I thought it would be I love the rig and the lay out Waiting to have the computer flashed for the extra HP and torque to see how it does. Last but not least my rig has dual fuel fills, saddle tanks under cab. This is a pain in the ass cause I don’t live near a truck stop. So fueling is a challenge, even worse when I’m towing. Which is 98% of the time.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Run, don’t walk away from a Thor. That being said , I have a 2018 Seneca 37ts and so far I have just chased little issues. More fit and finish than anything. And would also add that it’s under powered for what I thought it would be I love the rig and the lay out Waiting to have the computer flashed for the extra HP and torque to see how it does. Last but not least my rig has dual fuel fills, saddle tanks under cab. This is a pain in the ass cause I don’t live near a truck stop. So fueling is a challenge, even worse when I’m towing. Which is 98% of the time.
All valid points, I was going to reflash mine to bump it up to 360 / 850. What pissed me off is that Seneca advertises it as a 330hp engine. When cummins in Avondale plugged it in and check all the serial numbers it was a 300hp. Pathetically anemic engine towing. Always wondered how the guys with the SportChassis rigs towed huge skaters and stuff but they order those with big block power, something Seneca needs to do.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
So what Super Cs do you all recommend?

sounds like towing is not great.

I like the Freightliner ones but are just to pricey.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I mean are we talking fit and finish? Materials used, mechanical or just overall everything?
Only owned a 5th Wheel, Transporter Toy Hauler. 1995?? Ordered new. When it arrived at the dealership it was missing the carburator off the generator. Misc cabinet doors had broke off during transport to the dealer. (Hinges pulled out of the face plates). Trailer did not track right. Crabbed a going down the road. Water leaked in around the air conditioners. Numerous fit and finish items. Some shades wouldn’t go up, others wouldn’t stay up.
First time I took it back to the Thor Factory it was there 2 months! Had to take it back a second time for another month to get everything fixed. They fought me tooth and nail. I figured they wanted me to “give up” and either accept or fix things myself, which I ultimately did a little of both. As soon as everything was corrected, I sold it! Couldn’t stand even looking at the thing!
If buying new, the Best advise I can give you, regardless of what you buy, is do a THOROUGH walk thru and check EVERYTHING before signing on the dotted line. Make sure they plug in the Refer prior to you getting there. DO NOT take delivery until all items found are fixed. They’ll try the BS line, “we’ll make an appointment with the Service Department in 90 days as you will find other things too, and we can then fix them all at once”. Don’t fall for it! You’ll be amazed how fast they can get things fixed if the sale is pending. Wait 90 days and bring it in, count on it being there MONTHS! Ask me how I know :mad:

Singleton

Reaction score
Not that it was any good to begin with! Wouldn’t touch one today.

And they purchased Tiffin :(
Thought about purchasing a Tiffin back in 2014 (should of done it). While the Tiffin family still has operational oversight, you know Thor controls the $$. Kicker is Tiffin is releasing a line of ToyHaulers I would have interest in

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We looked at the Dynamax at DeMartini and the salesman tried to sell us on the Thor and I felt that the quality was not near the level of the Dynamax. But, the Thors were in stock and ready to drive that day. I just couldn't look past the flimsy cabinets and plastic basement area. We probably would have ordered the Dynamax that day had the salesman not had such a hard-on to sell us the Thor. Now we are really glad we didn't buy either since we are full-timing in our coach. Neither of those would have been big enough for two to have office space. Plus, I am really a fan of my king-sized bed 😝

precisiondetails

Reaction score
We looked at the Dynamax at DeMartini and the salesman tried to sell us on the Thor and I felt that the quality was not near the level of the Dynamax. But, the Thors were in stock and ready to drive that day. I just couldn't look past the flimsy cabinets and plastic basement area. We probably would have ordered the Dynamax that day had the salesman not had such a hard-on to sell us the Thor. Now we are really glad we didn't buy either since we are full-timing in our coach. Neither of those would have been big enough for two to have office space. Plus, I am really a fan of my king-sized bed 😝

Ya DeMartini is where we were looking as well. They are also a customer of mine, so for me it’s been pretty easy on that front. But thanks for the heads up and pointing out those things. I will look at the Dynamax a little closer. For me I’m just not a big Dodge fan.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Ya DeMartini is where we were looking as well. They are also a customer of mine, so for me it’s been pretty easy on that front. But thanks for the heads up and pointing out those things. I will look at the Dynamax a little closer. For me I’m just not a big Dodge fan.
You might take a look at the Nexus Rebel as well. Its a Duramax on a CV International Chassis and 4WD. I have not seen the inside of one myself.

riverrider55

Reaction score
We bought the Dynamax 28SS we drove to from Socal to Tennessee and back gone for two months plenty of storage and drove great we tried to buy from DeMartini but no inventory at the time. The 28Ss has the explorer package 4x4 and 800 watts of solar lithium batteries fully heated tanks its been great the 6.7 cummings had so much power 4:88 gearing pulled great through all the hills we encountered especially through Colorado hopefully you find what you are looking for.