WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a beach north of Jack Smith

Joker

Reaction score
Considering the fact we won’t be boating this year, looking for a decent beach north of smith to drive up to and set up for the day. We found our spot south of smith on the ca side but it only allows 3 canopies.

RCDave

Reaction score
There are some great beaches north of needles on the az side. Grass beach north of where the houses end in needles

Joker

Reaction score
There are some great beaches north of needles on the az side. Grass beach north of where the houses end in needles
Accessible by vehicle? If so, can you give some specifics on how to get there?
Thank You

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
All kinds of beaches above Mojave Valley on AZ side off 95.

Check Google Earth.

Joker

Reaction score
All kinds of beaches above Mojave Valley on AZ side off 95.

Check Google Earth.
Any thoughts on the main road I’d Turn off of from the 95?

28Eliminator

Reaction score
WTF do you mean “won’t be boating this year”??

mbrown2

Reaction score
Wife’s got some bad damage to her arm from her girlfriend tipping the cart on the golf course
That sux...had a buddy flip a golf cart on my calf years back....nothing broke but took a good month to do anything of real value on that leg....major blood, inflamation and contusion.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the main road I’d Turn off of from the 95?

No, never driven, but always see vehicles and people just hanging out.

Looks like Boundry Cone Rd then right on Mojave Valley Dr. Aztec Rd is the bride to Avi. There is also some beaches above that.

D301A394-D9D9-436D-B7F9-4643AF226C59.png

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Considering the fact we won’t be boating this year, looking for a decent beach north of smith to drive up to and set up for the day. We found our spot south of smith on the ca side but it only allows 3 canopies.

IMG_9357.jpg

Across from the palms on Az side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
That sux...had a buddy flip a golf cart on my calf years back....nothing broke but took a good month to do anything of real value on that leg....major blood, inflamation and contusion.

Had a friend die out at Canyon Lake in a roll over. 👎

thmterry

Reaction score
Most of the beaches on the Arizona side are Indian beaches and you are taking the chance of getting kicked off the beach if tribal police show up. Usually you can buy a day pass but they had a sign on the door today saying Saturday and Sunday passes are already sold out for this weekend.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
View attachment 1006960
Across from the palms on Az side

These are really good beaches. The only issue can be the tribal cops. They used to have a jeep cop, and you could pay them for a permit. Then they changed it and you had to pay for the pass at their office up by Willow. I have no clue what it's like now, I sold my place up there about three years ago...

Back in the day, the red marker was "Car Beach". The car is now 20ft inside the bushes on the north end.

D19

Reaction score
Most of the beaches on the Arizona side are Indian beaches and you are taking the chance of getting kicked off the beach if tribal police show up. Usually you can buy a day pass but they had a sign on the door today saying Saturday and Sunday passes are already sold out for this weekend.

Are they no longer selling annuals?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Are they no longer selling annuals?
They weren't three years ago...unless you had a "tribal connection". I asked them then, and was told no. That's when we started finding beaches south. Kind of sucked.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Had a friend die out at Canyon Lake in a roll over. 👎
How long ago was this?
Our close friends were friends with a couple that had a place there about 10-12 years ago that passed in a solo rollover out there.

c_land

Reaction score
You can drive out to the beaches on the CA side below Jack Smith too. They can be smaller, cleaner and less crowded. Also not Indian land

AZagpilot

Reaction score
Nice beaches from Reservation road all the way up to Boundary Cone road. Al tribal except for the Willow Valley beach. Day passes only since the whole Covid debacle started. Was chatting with a tribal cop the other day he didn’t know if/when they will start selling annual passes again.

Tank

Reaction score
There's a cool little beach below the Needles bridge right by the 19th hole restaurant. Little parking lot too. But there is actually a couple cool little beach right below the Needles bridge on the Ca side that are accessible.

JS.png

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
How long ago was this?
Our close friends were friends with a couple that had a place there about 10-12 years ago that passed in a solo rollover out there.

Yea, Keith.

Joker

Reaction score
All that stuff from boundary cone south and north requires a permit which the engines are sold out of and you can’t fish from their beaches.
Community Park looks like the best option at this point since we can park right up against the water.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Gimme a shout next time you’re out we’ll take the buggy out and I’ll show you all the beaches.
But X beach south of JS would be prime imho.

nowski

Reaction score
There's a beach on the Ca side that's literally within walking distance from the Needles bridge. I see it every time I drive over the bridge...

CobraDave

Reaction score
I can’t wait to get this house built so
I can explore the river up there.

Joker

Reaction score
Gimme a shout next time you’re out we’ll take the buggy out and I’ll show you all the beaches.
But X beach south of JS would be prime imho.
👍🏻, is that before the rock bar? The beaches on the right, south of there are nice but seem only accessible with 4wd. The one at the park we found is 100 bucks to use the private beach which will be nice so we’re not jammed in like sardines. We’ll do that tomorrow.

nowski

Reaction score
Five mile road off of the 40 will also take you right down to beach's. We use to camp there some 30 plus years ago back when Moby was still a minnow...

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
👍🏻, is that before the rock bar? The beaches on the right, south of there are nice but seem only accessible with 4wd. The one at the park we found is 100 bucks to use the private beach which will be nice so we’re not jammed in like sardines. We’ll do that tomorrow.
South of the rock bar by two, all six Az beaches are accessible with a Jetta or a vw beetle lol. X is the one with the welded rail. Ca side most are so packed it crazy, rock bar had probably 10 RV’s packed on it yesterday on my way out of town.

Joker

Reaction score
Ended up at community park until i figure out how to access those good beaches south of Smith we can get to in a 2wd. Finding them in a boat was easy.
Not a bad day until the music started
D77CFCB1-EC71-4E9B-BF7A-D7EE05BD2885.jpeg

D19

Reaction score
They weren't three years ago...unless you had a "tribal connection". I asked them then, and was told no. That's when we started finding beaches south. Kind of sucked.

I called this AM, they are not selling annuals yet. Only day passes. $5 per adult, they only sell 50 per weekend. Only 50 for all those damn beaches! Can you believe that?

They are only open Mon-Fri 8-4 down on Dike Rd. Total pain! They said they usually don't sell out. I wish they would let you buy online in advance because I'm not always up there before 4 on a Friday and it's usually 30-mins to an hr every time I've gone in there to buy a day, annual or hunting pass.

I found some cool beaches down south on AZ side that are not tribal, but I can't launch a PWC trailer from any of them and you have to get there before breakfast to claim a spot.

D19

Reaction score
Ended up at community park until i figure out how to access those good beaches south of Smith we can get to in a 2wd. Finding them in a boat was easy.
View attachment 1007979

Any Mariachi Music? Can I launch jet skis off that beach?

Water Romper

Reaction score
View attachment 1007979
Holly Crap... not only no but HELL no. This does NOT look like fun to me. If its your "cup of tea" good for you, hope you had a nice time but I would have gone out of my way to find a more quiet beach.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Holly Crap... not only no but HELL no. This does NOT look like fun to me. If its your "cup of tea" good for you, hope you had a nice time but I would have gone out of my way to find a more quiet beach.
I'd stay on the couch...hell no!

Joker

Reaction score
We checked it out on Saturday and there were only 2 families in the “ private section “. We were already committed by getting a late start to make this our location. Would i do it again, no but at least we were in the water and with our kid. We had a good 4 hours before the place got overwhelmed. No way we’re finding a beach anywhere after 10.

Water Romper

Reaction score
It just dawned on me where you are at, just down River from Harrah's in Laughlin. (didn't put the two together with Jacks Smiths) for what its worth (and a bit late) there are some beach accessible areas a bit farther down river, even w/ two wheel drive. BUT, as long as you had a nice time, its all good. That area on the river is really dangerous on busy weekends. Maybe next time go up river, across the bridge to Davis Camp- Yes, still crazy, crowded, insane (on weekends) but a tad more manageable IMO.

Joker

Reaction score
I could hear the mariachi through that photo.
The white couple next to us left around noon and just said “ good luck”. I think the only other Caucasian there was a homeless lady in a tent set up by the water that brought her pit bull over to us to pet. I’m scratching my head now trying to figure out how she got to the private beach that we paid 100 bucks to enjoy.🤔

Reactions: D19

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Have you tried Big Bend?
NV state park and there is an entrance fee, $10-15 for day use. The southern beach is real nice.

Joker

Reaction score
Have you tried Big Bend?
NV state park and there is an entrance fee, $10-15 for day use. The southern beach is real nice.
Will head over there this weekend to check it out.

Water Romper

Reaction score
I could hear the mariachi through that photo.
Wahahahaha, Funny stuff right there !!!

So, what would it be if you only had TWO CHOICES: Mariachi or Rap crap? my choice is #3-go home. No time on any part of the river is worth listening to that. 🤣

Demoman

Reaction score
Hit me up next time you are out and I can show you how to drive to the beaches south of Jack Smith. Would be happy to take you guys out on the toon any time to get your boat fix

Demoman

Reaction score
I just saw you are looking for a place north of Jacks. Not sure how to drive to beaches north of bridge