WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a new paper shredder

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
The paper shredder I currently have isn't that great. I have been slacking on shredding all my paperwork and paid bills. I used to do it religiously every 3 months. I haven't done it in about 3 years ... at least. Surprisingly, my office isn't messy.

I'm looking for a paper shredder that can destroy a shitload of papers and not even break a sweat.

What are you guys using?

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I have a cross cut shredder, takes up to 15 pages at a time. It's made by Fellows, DM 15C. The sensor light broke...twice...so it doesn't auto shut off when there is no paper in the feeder. Other than that it's been awesome.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I have a cross cut shredder, takes up to 15 pages at a time. It's made by Fellows, DM 15C. The sensor light broke...twice...so it doesn't auto shut off when there is no paper in the feeder. Other than that it's been awesome.

Thanks Chip ... will it destroy staples as well?

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Some of the services are so cheap its not worth it. I bought my shreder at a county surplus sale, it will kill a file box super fast. Its a about 15 year old xerox branded unit.

Kleptow

Reaction score
Self addressed envelopes all the CC company's send me.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Self addressed envelopes all the CC company's send me.

It's more fun to shred the contents and reload them into the return envelopes...:tbi

We have an old Techko SH2006PB that is a simple waste can top with sliding adjustment.

It was like $40 more than 5 years ago and is still going strong.
I have destroyed no less than 4 other high dollar shredders in the mean time, and always end up pulling old cheapo back out of the closet.

I am looking at a Techko AF240A now.
If it lasts anything like the old cheapo, it will out live me.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Some of the services are so cheap its not worth it. I bought my shreder at a county surplus sale, it will kill a file box super fast. Its a about 15 year old xerox branded unit.

2 years worth of records cost me about $40.00 at a "Shred It" place.

mobldj

Reaction score
heres the newest model

Goat_face.jpg