WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a Shiada RC

DAVE STEFKO

Reaction score
All, I just joined the RDP forum and am very excited to be here. Looking for a 21'RC V Drive. Anyone wanting to sell or thinking of selling, I am interested. I am in SoCal but, can go anywhere to look at the right boat.
Thank you,
Dave

87tahiti

Reaction score
All, I just joined the RDP forum and am very excited to be here. Looking for a 21'RC V Drive. Anyone wanting to sell or thinking of selling, I am interested. I am in SoCal but, can go anywhere to look at the right boat.
Thank you,
Dave

@Outdrive1

DAVE STEFKO

Reaction score
Looking at a Shiada with cable steering. Currently very hard to turn. Talked with Bob Teague about hydraulic steering. Any input on just replacing cables? I understand that hydraulic steering takes away any rudder resistance. Any input on preference. The only hydraulic I have experienced was with and I/O not a V drive.
Thank you.

Boat211

Reaction score
Looking at a Shiada with cable steering. Currently very hard to turn. Talked with Bob Teague about hydraulic steering. Any input on just replacing cables? I understand that hydraulic steering takes away any rudder resistance. Any input on preference. The only hydraulic I have experienced was with and I/O not a V drive.
Thank you.
It must be a push pull set up? Not cable and pulley. Is this correct?

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
Was it Calgo? Plenty of shops will rebuild them for you. I did it myself last winter on mine. You can get that sheathing from an aircraft supplier, trans cable shop and a speedometer repair shop, and the wire rope is found everywhere. If it’s tight it’s likely the sheathing is crush or overtightened and collapsed.

welldigger00

Reaction score
So mine is the Morse command two. It’s pretty decent setup if you have it in your boat to begin with. It’s no longer manufactured, so trying to find one is next to impossible. My BIL put hydraulic in his boat, and it is the way to go. So, with mine, you get torque steer, and have to feed steering into it as you accelerate. I.l end up at ninety degrees input at speed. Coming off throttle at speed is tricky too. You’ve got to let steering out as you slow down. If you’re off the throttle hard, it’ll turn lanes on you. Now, mine might not be the best set up deal. My BIL on the other hand, that did hydraulic in his, has a predictable feel to it. Effortless input, and what I like the most is how you can set the boat in a hard turn, and let go of the wheel, and it stays in the turn. I haven’t been able to run his at speed, so I don’t really know about any torque steer. No hard feel at all. Super easy to drive, and not ridiculously expensive all things schiada considered. I’m sure some other guys will disagree, but this is my direct experience with my boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DAVE STEFKO

Reaction score
Very helpful Gents. This current setup is push pull, not cable and pulley. I really like the sound of the hyrdaulic setup, think that would be the way to go. I spoke with Bob Teague and he said he had to track some used cables down for his 21'. By the looks of the install, I would do it again if the cables were readily available. The boat I am looking at would be really hard at best, so, something needs to be done.