WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a solid jet boat whata got???

guest hs

Reaction score
Found this one might be for sale still...

Friend of mine is trying to buy this

J 2

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone I am looking for a jet boat for parker and lower river. Budget is around 25,000. 19ft to 23ft is what size I want. Something I can hammer down on when I am by myself but also a great cruiser when the wife and my 1 year old daughter is on. Show me what you got. Thanks to all who respond.
I was in your position many years ago. Went through 3 bass boats before getting into performance boating. Right before my son was born I bought a 1995 new 22' Magic open bow closed cockpit, was great for a baby. When he got a little older I switched to jets, I have several nephews all close in age. I also bought into a front row river place at Echo with my sisters family, her father in law bought the mobile new and sold it to them. I bought a 1987 21' closed bow Eliminator, same as the brown one in this thread. Great boat, but I decided to add power. Don't do that with young kid's, keep it stock and in good repair so you don't get stranded with kid's. Did that once, stuck across the river from Bluewater. 7 hours later after getting towed then a ride back to Echo for truck & trailer I went home and found a 2004 21' open bow Cobra, 3 years old 47 hours,, really loved this boat. Wanted to go fast again so I bought 2nd boat for this. When it breaks I had ol reliable. Fast forward kid's going to college, sell everything to make sure he comes out debt free, 1 more year to go. I kept the fast boat, you never get any money back on those. Also picked up a family cruiser at the end of last season too.

My advice to you would be a not to old 21' to 22' open bow, Cobra, Ultra Stealth, Eliminator... That brown Eliminator on here would be a maybe for me, you have to think reliable when running around the river. Have a good anchor so if you do break you don't drift to far. Side note I always went up river in my performance boat so when it broke I could put a life jacket on, rope & noodle to the bow eye and swim it home, several times.

Used boat pricing is still a bit stupid right now. Take your time and go look at some boats, be thorough with questions. If anything doesn't look or feel right to you walk away. I saw lot of good pictures that turned out to be turds.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
There's really a shortage of 21' jet boats from 2000's.. Inventory is almost non-existent.

J 2

Reaction score
There's really a shortage of 21' jet boats from 2000's.. Inventory is almost non-existent.
You're correct, I looked for a long time before I bought something. Patience is key in this used boat market. There might be a shift coming, but who knows.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

I sold this boat in a few days just a couple weeks ago. Probably could’ve sold it the first day I listed had the buyer and I’s schedules lined up. Phone rang off the hook with legit buyers.

IMG_2238.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
Search for Shockwave 21LS's as well. Great hull. Very well built and rigged. And they know how to install and set up jetdrives

sintax

Reaction score
Wasn't that Barron one like 80k tho?

haha i honestly didnt chat with them, my dad was busy talking to Jerry about nonsense, but all I could focus on was how low profile that boat was. I kept see checking it out over and over. I mean I LOVE low profile boats, but that thing was like old days.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
18ft rogers needs to be rigged has fresh rebuilt pump no hours on it have all the parts and you can put a back seat in it no motor though

This would be my choice, would hate to ruin it but some through the transom headers and a back seat, good riding easy to insure v-bottom boat
and these boats run, Did Jordan own this boat once also?

J 2

Reaction score
Search for Shockwave 21LS's as well. Great hull. Very well built and rigged. And they know how to install and set up jetdrives
I had a list with about 10 boats when I was looking and the Shockwave was on my list, good boat. If I could I liked the Shockwave Deck Jet a lot, pricey.

The Cobra I bought in 2007 for $32k, I sold in 2014 for $22.5 went up for sale last year. I called the couple I sold it to hoping to buy it back, but they were asking $26, I'm like $16k makes more sense. Boat sold for $25k the following week.

J 2

Reaction score
This would be my choice, would hate to ruin it but some through the transom headers and a back seat, good riding easy to insure v-bottom boat
I had a 1974 Rogers Bubbledeck as my 1st go fast boat. As solid as they are I wouldn't put a 1 year old in it, to rough a ride.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Jordan had Finnegan’s old boat, it was a 19’. They did a good article on his restoration of it in HotBoat. Similar paint.

hallett21

Reaction score
Maxed out marine has a cool 18 spectra jet. My understanding is they punch up for their size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
Have had a lot of jets, my favorite was my last 21’ Ultra Stealth. More free board than most did ok in chop.

Just a great all around river boat. Try to find one made and rigged by John West of Ultra vs dealer rigged IMO. I dont think the guy I sold it to in 2016 has used it more than a few times.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Cleeeean!
That is a bitchen boat man!

What hull is that?

21’ Bitz, 1100hp Larry Peto 1071 blown 509” bbc and rigged by Dan Nelson at Jett Performance. Nganga from the boards had the boat built originally and did an amazing job putting it together. Boat is flawless on the big or low end.

floatn turd

Reaction score
21’ Bitz, 1100hp Larry Peto 1071 blown 509” bbc and rigged by Dan Nelson at Jett Performance. Nganga from the boards had the boat built originally and did an amazing job putting it together. Boat is flawless on the big or low end.

Sweet.

Looks like a 22ft?
One of my new favorites!

Thank you Sir.

Your ad here

Reaction score
A 21' open bow boat with a 425hp Big Block Chevy is plenty fun. Only thing I didn't like about mine was the fuel range. Favorite part was the throttle pedal. Left side drive and a throttle pedal made driving it fun. Right side drive with a throttle lever are super boring.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone I am looking for a jet boat for parker and lower river. Budget is around 25,000. 19ft to 23ft is what size I want. Something I can hammer down on when I am by myself but also a great cruiser when the wife and my 1 year old daughter is on. Show me what you got. Thanks to all who respond.
A lot of responses. What are you thinking?

Or did you just want to bless the lounge with Jet Boat glory? :D

guest hs

Reaction score
Found this one might be for sale still...

This boat was sold to his brother

RCDave

Reaction score
Had Shockwave build us a 21LS back in 1998. Such a great boat. Still miss that ride. It was featured in the 1998 LA boatshow
20200430_093759.jpg

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
My neighbor in havasu just put a for sale sign on his ultra 22. It is a jon west boat. I believe it is a 454 with a berk, ill check tonight when I get home

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ELCHINGONROGERS

Reaction score
How much and location
pm me
Thanks. What ever happened to Todd?
he still around in cali but no boating building painting cars though
this is todd griggs old boat jordans boat the colors were switched on lay out same color though

wzuber

Reaction score
pm me

he still around in cali but no boating building painting cars though

this is todd griggs old boat jordans boat the colors were switched on lay out same color though
Ya..
Last i heard on inquiry w/stark he's doing well layin custom paint on cars n surfing. Haha...that dude was hilarious.

J 2

Reaction score
I'm seeing several new jet boats posted up in LA area CL. Pricing is still way above where I would go, couple of them $10k to much in my opinion.
2004 23' Cobra open bow closed cockpit, nice boat, upholstery not good. $32k, come on man. This one's been up for a while now.
2002 24' Commander for $26.5K, really
1995 Warlock for $26.5K, definitely not
1996 Essex for $14k, closer to reasonable
1983 Crusader with good stuff done to it for $12k