WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a SXS.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Battery is under seat on drivers side rear passenger.
Grassy-ass👍😊
I was running out of the obvious places to look.
Got 3 toggle switches that seem to do nothing but click some relays, got to trace those bastards too.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Battery is under the driver rear seat. Particle seperator is good, Run the blue Donaldson/Polaris upgraded filters. I just run a foam vacuum cleaner prefilter over my filter, sprayed with a little filter oil. I just change the prefilters every couple weekends.

Clean/blow out the air filter often, just make sure you keep the opening sealed so the dirt you blow out does not get to the inside of the filter. Also pull the clutch cover and blow the clutch off often.

If your secondary clutch has the square rollers CHANGE THEM NOW to the round rollers. The square rollers wear out the clutch very fast.
I will just bring it to the LOF Rzr garage and have him git-r-done for me👍👀.
Who/where to have extra keys made?

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
That would be great but don’t think I can get her to wait. Been bugging me for weeks now to pull the trigger on something
How much do you want to spend ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I will just bring it to the LOF Rzr garage and have him git-r-done for me👍👀.
Who/where to have extra keys made?

I ordered some blanks online and had them cut locally. I think it is a fairly standard key though, and a locksmith in town would be able to do it. The locksmith I want to had them.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I don't hafta anything.🙂👀
It's got some sorta sound system too, reminds me of my car in 1986😊😎
I basically got to learn where everything is on the car. Still haven't found the battery, lol😄
Sure seems to me the particle separator air intake would be beneficial here. 10 minutes on the trails and it looked like I've had it for years it was so dusty/dirty.

Ziggy,

FWIW I put the S&B Particle separator on my Turbo S and am very happy with it. We almost always ride with a group in very dusty conditions not unlike what you are going to see down there in your neck of the woods. The thing is amazing. We have a two seater. I mounted it up on the rear top bar just high enough to where the intake is above the roofline. I put it on a switch, which I would recommend.
The high mount gets the noise away from the passengers. It sounds a bit like a muffled Hoover Vac when running, and you don't need it going when putting around camp, etc. It proved it's worth to me in one outing, after about a 75 mile run one day the other guys were "tapping out" their filters and the inside of our filter box was spotless, filter same.
I went ahead and got the exhaust tube kit option, instaed of sending the dirt out onto the contents of your trunk area the exhaust is a right angle outlet with another flex tube, which I ran down and out through the flat area to the right of the trunk, it dumps the dust out just behind the right rear tire.
I went down to NAPA and bought a mud flap for a DRW Semi and made a cardboard pattern of the floor of the trunk and cut out the mud flap. Makes a good flat nonskid surface to store stuff on and the bed, and provides some insulation from engine heat for the stuff in the bed as well.
I bought a Action Packer 8 gallon box for my tools etc, fits fine in the Rzr bed, and room for an ice chest etc. The Assault Industries spare tire rack, now called an Adventure Rack" will close over it. That is my next upgrade.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ziggy,

FWIW I put the S&B Particle separator on my Turbo S and am very happy with it. We almost always ride with a group in very dusty conditions not unlike what you are going to see down there in your neck of the woods. The thing is amazing. We have a two seater. I mounted it up on the rear top bar just high enough to where the intake is above the roofline. I put it on a switch, which I would recommend.
The high mount gets the noise away from the passengers. It sounds a bit like a muffled Hoover Vac when running, and you don't need it going when putting around camp, etc. It proved it's worth to me in one outing, after about a 75 mile run one day the other guys were "tapping out" their filters and the inside of our filter box was spotless, filter same.
I went ahead and got the exhaust tube kit option, instaed of sending the dirt out onto the contents of your trunk area the exhaust is a right angle outlet with another flex tube, which I ran down and out through the flat area to the right of the trunk, it dumps the dust out just behind the right rear tire.
I went down to NAPA and bought a mud flap for a DRW Semi and made a cardboard pattern of the floor of the trunk and cut out the mud flap. Makes a good flat nonskid surface to store stuff on and the bed, and provides some insulation from engine heat for the stuff in the bed as well.
I bought a Action Packer 8 gallon box for my tools etc, fits fine in the Rzr bed, and room for an ice chest etc. The Assault Industries spare tire rack, now called an Adventure Rack" will close over it. That is my next upgrade.

DO NOT GET THE ASSAULT RACK. It sucks and will break.

I do the same Action Packer deal. I bolted a 1.5“ I believe aluminum L to the engine cover to locate the action packer then used the expandable cargo hooks on each side and an 7 foot loop strap through the hooks and over the top of the action packer. Best storage ever and it was around $30.

I use the UTV Kingz spare tire holder. It is $250 on EBay, and includes the tire straps but it may need a little modification/fab to support a 32” tire, and/or work with the Turbo S. That should be easy to do however.

This one comes with the 2 straps for the tire hold down. They sell one for $25 less with no straps. The included straps are nice though.

85EB1818-DC25-43D7-866B-4B518834A21A.jpeg

ABC72A8E-1BF5-468E-AF27-A9B1280D7DF3.jpeg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
your side yard is going to look like a used vehicle lot. Time to build another attached RV garage or move to bigger garage house.

Well I wasn’t going to say anything but I bought a lot in residential estates a month ago and we are getting plans drawn up now. Lol. I’ll park it over on my dirt lot. ;)

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score

Thanks for the warning. Do you know of anyone making a similar piece that doesn't suck, won't break, and will hold a 32 inch tire? I guess I could buy the steel and build one myself but anymore the dang steel costs as much as a finished product. I have access to a bender and own a good welder and plasma cutter already tho.

Singleton

Reaction score
Well I wasn’t going to say anything but I bought a lot in residential estates a month ago and we are getting plans drawn up now. Lol. I’ll park it over on my dirt lot. ;)

congrats. You purchase Walt’s dirt he was selling?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. Do you know of anyone making a similar piece that doesn't suck, won't break, and will hold a 32 inch tire? I guess I could buy the steel and build one myself but anymore the dang steel costs as much as a finished product. I have access to a bender and own a good welder and plasma cutter already tho.

KSH in Havasu makes a nice one

Englewood

Reaction score
We gonna be neighbors! Who are you using for plans and what is that cost? I'm looking at another lot across the street.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The long and the short of it is you want one that latches at the very back of the car, like the one in my post. The ones that latch on the cage downtubes, are less reliable, and the latches fail. Not all of them but the Assault one does for sure, and I've seen a couple other types like that break.

I think you can make mine work on a Turbo S. I think you may have to move the hinges inboard because of the belts in the Turbo S (not sure here), and fab up an extension/relocate the tie down hooks for the 32" tire. Moving the tire back will make the ride better anyway. It is a little bit of a project, but you'll save $250 easily.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We gonna be neighbors! Who are you using for plans and what is that cost? I'm looking at another lot across the street.

I use a guy named Damon, pretty big time architect out of California that moved to Havasu. He is also doing most of the drawings in the riviera etc.

Damon -+1 (602) 750-7898

Tell him I sent ya!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOF I didn't see your post with the pics, thanks.

One A Day thank you as well will go look.

The KSH is a good solution as well... If you are gonna spend $500 on the Assault rack, just get that instead, I think they are a little more than $500.

Englewood

Reaction score
I just got a KSH box with a tire mount on top...Works flawless...I'm very impressed with the quality.

The assault rack sucks!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I just got a KSH box with a tire mount on top...Works flawless...I'm very impressed with the quality.

The assault rack sucks!

FWIW We had another brand of box self destruct on a recent ride. Hinge ripped out of the box.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
what happened to the can am you were building?

I built it and ran it for a year and sold it.. now I’m waiting on the speed car so I keep buying these rzr’s while I’m waiting. This one is for Desert bash this weekend.. I might keep it or I might sell it after the weekend. This one is really damn nice so I’m leaning towards keeping it.

Mai long as I can run them for a bit and sell them for what I got into them I am happy. One of these days I might figure out how all these other guys make money on this eve things.. bestI have done is break even. Lol

Brobee

Reaction score

I do the same Action Packer deal. I bolted a 1.5“ I believe aluminum L to the engine cover to locate the action packer then used the expandable cargo hooks on each side and an 7 foot loop strap through the hooks and over the top of the action packer. Best storage ever and it was around $30.

I use the UTV Kingz spare tire holder. It is $250 on EBay, and includes the tire straps but it may need a little modification/fab to support a 32” tire, and/or work with the Turbo S. That should be easy to do however.

This one comes with the 2 straps for the tire hold down. They sell one for $25 less with no straps. The included straps are nice though.

View attachment 950747
View attachment 950755

Thanks for the heads up on the Assault Rack. It was on the short list for a carrier. The UTV Kingz one is $199 on their site minus the straps, and I imagine you could get some pretty nice straps for $50.

I like your spare fuel holder under the tire, how is that mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brobee

Reaction score
KSH in Havasu makes a nice one

The KSH looks like a quality build, but I couldn’t imagine how much noise the tools and spare parts make as they’re banging around inside as I run the trail. I like the soft bags and coolers I’ve seen other inmates use.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The KSH looks like a quality build, but I couldn’t imagine how much noise the tools and spare parts make as they’re banging around inside as I run the trail. I like the soft bags and coolers I’ve seen other inmates use.

I have two friends with the KSH boxes. They’ve put a ton of miles on them and they’re built really well. They both lined them with a thin carpet/felt. Not loud at all and much quieter than the rack style tire rattling carriers.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have two friends with the KSH boxes. They’ve put a ton of miles on them and they’re built really well. They both lined them with a thin carpet/felt. Not loud at all and much quieter than the rack style tire rattling carriers.

Yea I would do toll rolls and bags with that setup for sure.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the Assault Rack. It was on the short list for a carrier. The UTV Kingz one is $199 on their site minus the straps, and I imagine you could get some pretty nice straps for $50.

I like your spare fuel holder under the tire, how is that mounted?

Their straps are decent, but yea you can find good straps for a decent price. The Y style straps are also nice, and will work with this carrier as well, there is a hook for it. But those are usually $60+.

$199 is a great price for this rack, especially if you are going to modify it. The fuel holder is custom. I bought a blank spare tire plate, and bolted the fuel can mount to it. Then bolted the plate to the wheel with bolts and lug nuts. I still need to tack weld the bolts to the plate, but it works fine.

Honestly you don't even need that plate, but it makes it very easy. You could just run a piece of 1/4" thick material across 2 of the studs. It just has to be wide enough to position the mount.

BF69344A-0568-4558-983C-73605FD791A2.jpeg
C77BEF97-34AD-4520-AB1B-60F357AF0B22.jpeg

Last edited:

jbird

Reaction score
FWIW We had another brand of box self destruct on a recent ride. Hinge ripped out of the box.
This was the KSH box/carrier. It is built well but I had them put heavier gas shocks in mine to help assist with the 33" spare and that was part of the cause of the failure with the extremely rough washes finishing it off. I took it back to them and Brian fixed it up, no charge. Good to go again!

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This was the KSH box/carrier. It is built well but I had them put heavier gas shocks in mine to help assist with the 33" spare and that was part of the cause of the failure with the extremely rough washes finishing it off. I took it back to them and Brian fixed it up, no charge. Good to go again!

Awesome! Glad they stand behind it!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What’s the issue with the assault rack? Mine is working perfectly

I’ve seen at least 5 of them break the latches. The leverage from the tire hanging so far past the latches kills them over time.

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We are leaning towards this one but we live in PHX, which makes it easier to pick up for us. The box in Havasu (I don’t remember where I saw it) was $400 but not powder coated, which costs extra.

Well...placed an order on his web site on December 10th. Dean sent me an e-mail asking for my phone number that same day and I have yet to hear anything from him. I have e mailed him 3 times and now his web site is down.

I am out $654.60 for now. I will go to small claims court if I have to.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Well...placed an order on his web site on December 10th. Dean sent me an e-mail asking for my phone number that same day and I have yet to hear anything from him. I have e mailed him 3 times and now his web site is down.

I am out $654.60 for now. I will go to small claims court if I have to.
Looks like their shop is close to ours. I can run by today and let you know if there is activity and get an update if possible. Hopefully just a tech issue with their site. Please send me an email with the info [email protected].

-Zack

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Looks like their shop is close to ours. I can run by today and let you know if there is activity and get an update if possible. Hopefully just a tech issue with their site. Please send me an email with the info [email protected].

-Zack

We have called, e mailed and sent a message on FB. If you look at his google reviews, there are multiple people who recently complained that he took their money and didn’t deliver any product.

I appreciate the offer and will take you up on it but don’t have any confidence at this point.