WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for a witness

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Friends boat got hit on Sunday at Windsor, ramp closest to the channel, about sundown. He’s looking for anyone that may have seen it happen.

92627C7A-9325-4A1E-AA93-78C806A8C910.jpeg
92627C7A-9325-4A1E-AA93-78C806A8C910.jpeg
5AAB9175-0372-45D5-A26E-523E07A18A4C.jpeg
B97284F7-909B-4480-BF1C-74C4E32B342D.jpeg

Attachments

• BE5BAFDE-E20F-4586-A510-BE25DB485629.jpeg
    BE5BAFDE-E20F-4586-A510-BE25DB485629.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 351

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That look likes farci under the reg numbers. I cant figure out why nothing was done at the scene, did the guy just floor it and bolt? It was in the no wake by the south ramp.

ssc

Reaction score
If the picture was a bit more clear, we might be able to read it. To me it looks to be Hebrew. I can't tell for sure.

Cheers, Steve

jailbird141

Reaction score
You have a photo of the CF #s, pretty easy for LEO to find the owner and check for damage consistent with hitting your friends boat. They will give you his info and your friend can take them to court.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It was the Malibu that hit your buddy's boat?

azsunfun

Reaction score
was the boat left at dock? where wher the rangers or police?

Icky

Reaction score
they were floating in the no wake zone, and the Malibu ran into them is what I understand. He did a police report, but they said without witnesses it’s his word against theirs.
Looks like it would be pretty hard to do that kinda damage to the side of the boat for it to be anyone's fault besides the Malibu.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Looks like it would be pretty hard to do that kinda damage to the side of the boat for it to be anyone's fault besides the Malibu.
I would guarantee its a nose hit..and based on pics the Malibu's fault. I'm going to bite my tongue but now seeing more..no way they ever admit to it. call your insurance..thats going to be an EXPENSIVE repair.

HBCraig

Reaction score

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I'd try escalating that with police, seems like doing a little investigative work (i.e. tracking them down and looking for visible damage based on your buddy's statement of the collision) would make perfect sense.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Post the Mailbu and the hull numbers all over social media until the dickbag steps up

He has. That’s the problem. Every asshole on FB has chimed in, and of course done nothing but add their 2 cents to the events they know nothing about.

Posting shit on FB is like trying to heard cats in a rain storm..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Damn. People suck!
I try to be super careful around other boats...stay as clear as possible. I usually figure other people's stuff is worth way more than mine. Even if it isn't, it's still someone else's baby, just like my crap is to me...
I hope a witness or two can help out.

Last edited:

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Aaand that’s exactly why we’re here…
I'm with you on the point of looking for a witness because the cops said its his words vs. theirs but the fact that the cop's won't run the registration numbers (they are required for a reason) and put in some effort to even investigate it baffles me.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm with you on the point of looking for a witness because the cops said its his words vs. theirs but the fact that the cop's won't run the registration numbers (they are required for a reason) and put in some effort to even investigate it baffles me.

Because it’s his word Vs. theirs at this point. Without a witness or an injury, or some record of some crime being committed, this is basically a fender bender on the side of the road or someone running into your boat trailer in the parking lot.

28Eliminator

Reaction score

There is no question who the guy is. He has his info. He just won’t cooperate, so like I said above, he needs a witness to coroberate his story.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Bring in the Mohel for a lie detector test...:D

Done-it-again

Reaction score
You’re buddy didn’t have a cell phone to take pictures once it happened?

Water Romper

Reaction score
I'm no "Impact Expert" but looking at the punch the boat took, the "suspect boat" must have been clipping along at a pretty good speed in a No Wake Zone, by a dock/ramp. What an IDIOT! I've never dealt with an insurance claim regarding a boat but this looks like an expensive repair job, I would think the insurance would try and find the other boat operator for liability however, unless someone pony's up and is an eye witness, might be difficult to prove. What a shame, sorry this happened but thank god no one was hurt.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I'm no "Impact Expert" but looking at the punch the boat took, the "suspect boat" must have been clipping along at a pretty good speed in a No Wake Zone, by a dock/ramp. What an IDIOT! I've never dealt with an insurance claim regarding a boat but this looks like an expensive repair job, I would think the insurance would try and find the other boat operator for liability however, unless someone pony's up and is an eye witness, might be difficult to prove. What a shame, sorry this happened but thank god no one was hurt.
That is because most inexperience dickbags think that the "no wake zone" is 5mph and are clueless to the no wake part. My ski boat will make a wake at 5mph.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There is no question who the guy is. He has his info. He just won’t cooperate, so like I said above, he needs a witness to coroberate his story.

Isn't this what we pay insurance for?

You hand all the info to the insurance company, and they follow up from there? One look at the other boat would tell the whole story?

Why is a witness required?

CLdrinker

Reaction score

You hand all the info to the insurance company, and they follow up from there? One look at the other boat would tell the whole story?

This 100%. Victims insurance don’t want to pay out so they will try to peg it on the other guy.

This is also why I keep deductibles low because of shit like this.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Assuming this is all after the fact, and the offending bote does not hang around...

"Yea there are scratches on the front of my bote. I hit a dock. Prove I hit yore bote, the 5 people in my bote say I never hit anyone, and I've never seen your bote."

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
I didn't even see that. I did see CF 3030 VL. It's like impossible for LEO's not to know the owner.
You would be assuming that its actually registered to the person who currently owns it or has possession of it.

Wedgy

Reaction score
they were floating in the no wake zone, and the Malibu ran into them is what I understand. He did a police report, but they said without witnesses it’s his word against theirs.
You would think insurance co adjustors would investigate, determine fault and make the at fault party's insurance pay up. Steve Wonder can see the at fault here.

Plenty an accident report had been written by LE after the fact. Ridiculous this did not happen. Maybe at fault is not insured?

Kinda the job they get paid to do. Call an Insurance Inspector for your own company. Raise the issue.

I've included my own insurance co in a Civil suit, and I've shitcanned insurance companies for less.

And we thought the Shitshow was done upon boat retrieval. Good luck.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
He has. That’s the problem. Every asshole on FB has chimed in, and of course done nothing but add their 2 cents to the events they know nothing about.

Posting shit on FB is like trying to heard cats in a rain storm..
based on some of the other posts about this it seems that it wasn't a hit a run, correct or no? This would make a big difference who would end up dealing with this.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Shitty....

Turn it into insurance...They will cover the damage and then go after the other party.

If the other parties insurance company denies it it will probably end up in arbitration where an outside party will review the facts and assign fault.

Police won't get involved unless there are injuries and they were on scene right away.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Seems like dash cams in boats will be the next needed item on a busy lake.

I used to run my GoPro all the time because of the fkn lake lice always doing stupid shit. I have relaxed from that over the last year or 2, but think it’s a good time to start back up.

2Driver

Reaction score
Oh I get it, you can hit who ever you want now and as long as a 3rd party isn’t there you can just deny it and walk? Since when?

What ever happened to investigating an accident, question the suspects, and gee why is there fiberglass from the accusers boat on your boat?

2 can play the dick game, Just “find” a witness.

PaPaG

Reaction score
WHAT THE HELL Happened to honorable people? so many unethical and bullshit people out there now it never ceases to amaze me at how there are so many Pieces of Shit now around, everyday we hear more and more of this crap. Plain and simple all he had to do is go up to the boat owner and say Sorry I fucked up lets get this fixed, here is my insurance or all my personal info and DONE! The cost of Honor and Integrity is easily held if one wants it....the loss has become widespread and is a sad state of our world today....

traquer

Reaction score
I think I've seen the boat before at Lake Mohave, and actually I will be going there tomorrow until Thursday. There's a big Hebrew crowd in the cove across from Kathrines on any given weekend, a handful of wake boats and bayliners etc, If I see the boat there I will let you know.

Similar wakeboat dickhead in that cove ran over my jet ski screw anchor a few years ago and had to get towed in. Didn't say anything the next day but I'm sure that wasn't a cheap repair on the bottom of his hull