WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for affordable small wedding caterers

Jed-O's Mistress

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! As most of you know by now, Jed-o and I are recently engaged. We have our eye on a place to get married that is in Parker but are looking around for other local items. Do any of you have recommendations for affordable catering, bakeries for the cake, and floral places in Parker and/or Lake Havasu?

We plan on doing most of the decorating ourselves since we can rent our venue for a few days and take our time with all that. The venue has a regular fridge and kitchen set up, outdoor fridge, and out door cooking area. That means we will have tons of room to store pre-made food and ways to heat it up. We are also open to having hot food delivered the day of the event.

If the place you recommend has website, please add the website to your post so we can review what they have to offer and can easily find their contact information.

We love our RDP family! Thank you for all the help!

Angela and Jed
aka
Jed-o's Mistress and Jed-o

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When we got married (21 years ago :oops:) we cheated on the catering aspect. We had a friend that was a "Taco Man". He pre-made a ton, and hauled it over, and we put it in the pretty serving heater things. We went full buffet style, as there were over 200 people. We didn't have anyone we new that would be servers, everyone was invited. A cake for that many would have been way beyond our limits, so we did a standard 3 tiered cake, and several sheet cakes that were color matched. All the center pieces and table gift things were assembled/made by my wife and her friends. Me and a few of my friends picked up the rented tables and such the day before, and set them up. We also moved the dance floor, and made that the isle. Essentially, we "borrowed" a church that was the modern type with chairs, not pews. We used their chairs and rearranged around tables to have the ceremony and reception in the same venue. The pastor was curious to see how it worked out, because no one had ever tried that there. It also helped that the pastor was a neighbor of mine when I lived with my parents.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
RDP Taco Truck was the bomb!!! Too bad the business venture did not last too long. Best of luck finding what you need for the special day.

Misslbhsbz

I approve this & lbhsbz message!
Reaction score
What date are you thinking of and how many people? I'm a chef by trade(have a degree in culinary arts) and I have done cakes and cupcakes for a 150 person wedding and can do almost any kind of food you would like. We are in long Beach but I could definitely make it work especially if I would be able to use the on site kitchen! Here's a couple pictures of the wedding I did and I can send you more pictures of other cakes and cupcakes if you'd like too! Here's a link to my FB business page for my cakes and cupcakes...I haven't payed on there in awhile but it'll give you an idea of what I can do 😊 https://www.facebook.com/cupcakethyme/
Screenshot_20210613-115455_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210613-114821_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210613-114734_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210613-114734_Photos.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What date are you thinking of and how many people? I'm a chef by trade(have a degree in culinary arts) and I have done cakes and cupcakes for a 150 person wedding and can do almost any kind of food you would like. We are in long Beach but I could definitely make it work especially if I would be able to use the on site kitchen! Here's a couple pictures of the wedding I did and I can send you more pictures of other cakes and cupcakes if you'd like too! View attachment 1013216 View attachment 1013217 View attachment 1013218
Bacon, Beam and cake...
That looks good! Both hungry and a bit thirsty now 🤔

Jed-O's Mistress

Reaction score
What date are you thinking of and how many people? I'm a chef by trade(have a degree in culinary arts) and I have done cakes and cupcakes for a 150 person wedding and can do almost any kind of food you would like. We are in long Beach but I could definitely make it work especially if I would be able to use the on site kitchen! Here's a couple pictures of the wedding I did and I can send you more pictures of other cakes and cupcakes if you'd like too! Here's a link to my FB business page for my cakes and cupcakes...I haven't payed on there in awhile but it'll give you an idea of what I can do 😊 https://www.facebook.com/cupcakethyme/ View attachment 1013217 View attachment 1013218
We are currently thinking October 2022 but we have to contact the rental area because it looks like they only book up to 4 months into the future.

Misslbhsbz

I approve this & lbhsbz message!
Reaction score
We are currently thinking October 2022 but we have to contact the rental area because it looks like they only book up to 4 months into the future.

Oh plenty of time to plan! If you would like to use me just let me know and I'll block out 10/22 and we can go from there we can obviously chat more between now and then and figure out which menus would work for your budget and amount of people... as far as food goes I can do anything from pulled pork, brisket and all the fixins to tacos and everything in between 😉

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
This^^ contact Norm.
Honestly, having the venue at Havasu Springs was my first choice, that's where I proposed to her. It's the place I grew up going to the river...
I spoke with Adam about it a little over a month ago to get the skinny on the situation. He let me know that he and the outer harbor had nothing to do with the wedding venue and norm was in charge. But I can't find myself paying 5K for the room and linens before I cover food, booze, Rd's bar tab for officiating, hotel costs, boat fuel, etc.... I'm not going to drop 20K on an event. I'm trying to keep our total budget around 5K

rrrr

Reaction score
When we got married (21 years ago :oops:) we cheated on the catering aspect. We had a friend that was a "Taco Man". He pre-made a ton, and hauled it over, and we put it in the pretty serving heater things. We went full buffet style, as there were over 200 people. We didn't have anyone we new that would be servers, everyone was invited. A cake for that many would have been way beyond our limits, so we did a standard 3 tiered cake, and several sheet cakes that were color matched. All the center pieces and table gift things were assembled/made by my wife and her friends. Me and a few of my friends picked up the rented tables and such the day before, and set them up. We also moved the dance floor, and made that the isle. Essentially, we "borrowed" a church that was the modern type with chairs, not pews. We used their chairs and rearranged around tables to have the ceremony and reception in the same venue. The pastor was curious to see how it worked out, because no one had ever tried that there. It also helped that the pastor was a neighbor of mine when I lived with my parents.

I asked Fonda to marry me twice a day for eighteen months. I always got the same answer, "Nope."

One day in was sitting at my desk working, and she showed up at the office. "Let's go to lunch."

She passed the Mexican restaurant we always ate at, and pulled into the parking lot of the Collin County courthouse annex.

Me: Why are you stopping here?

Fonda: You've bothered me long enough. We're getting married.

Me: Speechless.

We went inside, filled out a 5 X 7 card, signed it, paid the clerk fifteen bucks, and the deed was done. That was 32 years ago, and I think I'm lucky, because she hasn't kicked me out yet.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I asked Fonda to marry me twice a day for eighteen months. I always got the same answer, "Nope."

One day in was sitting at my desk working, and she showed up at the office. "Let's go to lunch."

She passed the Mexican restaurant we always ate at, and pulled into the parking lot of the Collin County courthouse annex.

Me: Why are you stopping here?

Fonda: You've bothered me long enough. We're getting married.

Me: Speechless.

We went inside, filled out a 5 X 7 card, signed it, paid the clerk fifteen bucks, and the deed was done. That was 32 years ago, and I think I'm lucky, because she hasn't kicked me out yet.
Very cool! You got out cheaper on the deal than I did!
Twice a day for 18 months? Like Andy Deufresne from Shawshank, trying to get money for his library 😂

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Costco deli and sandwich trays is what I had, with a keg.
Depending on size my son is looking into the Dixie Bell . 1200 for 3 hours. 1 setup 1 cleanup and 1 to cruse around the island.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
The Celebration river boat in Laughlin.

All you have to do is show up.

Dan'l