WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for Cool Dek repair in Havasu

Dettom

Reaction score
Anybody out there know anyone who does Cool Dek repair. I got a few spots that look like blisters and a few places where it’s starting to disintegrate. I don’t anything about this stuff. Need to address it before it gets out of hand.

Reactions: DWC

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
If you can't find a contractor to take care of it, get on the "life deck.com" website. There is a lot of information and resources that can help you deal with their products and where you can purchase them.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The stuff sucks, lasts a year or two at best with the high alkalinity of havasu soil. We gave up on it and tore it out.

IT Sucks everywhere OR? just in Havasu? Generalizing the product is interesting,but you would know.;)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The stuff sucks, lasts a year or two at best with the high alkalinity of havasu soil. We gave up on it and tore it out.

I think its a Havasu thing, assumed that he was asking about it from that area, Ive never really seen it used elsewhere since the heat isnt as extreme. Sadly the stuff works on keeping the deck cool, but its a constant battle to keep it from bubbling. Most vendors dont want to repair it, rather they will point out that it was installed wrong and they only suggest a complete redo.

Some of the Havasu pool builders wont use it anymore or make you sign a liability release if they do install it.

TCHB

Reaction score
I think its a Havasu thing, assumed that he was asking about it from that area, Ive never really seen it used elsewhere since the heat isnt as extreme. Sadly the stuff works on keeping the deck cool, but its a constant battle to keep it from bubbling. Most vendors dont want to repair it, rather they will point out that it was installed wrong and they only suggest a complete redo.

Some of the Havasu pool builders wont use it anymore or make you sign a liability release if they do install it.
Yep I talked to Denny at Sand Castle pools and he said they willl not use it and no one available for repairs. Sure glad we went with pavers at our Henderson home. I need some repair in Havas or pavers are coming.

johnner58

Reaction score
Anybody out there know anyone who does Cool Dek repair. I got a few spots that look like blisters and a few places where it’s starting to disintegrate. I don’t anything about this stuff. Need to address it before it gets out of hand.

I do it myself on small repairs, the wife and I re-coated the whole deck two winters ago.

Joker

Reaction score
I've seen the stuff fail everywhere, not just in Havasu. It's a coating and coatings fail. The problem is getting the coating thats bonded up without damaging the concrete underneath. Therefore once you have this stuff down, you're pretty much stuck with maintaining it. You can also look at Miracotes web site for products and distributors.

Dettom

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Not looking forward to dealing with it. I got lots of it.

DWC

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Not looking forward to dealing with it. I got lots of it.
We’ve got a section under the patio cover that’s starting to bubble. I’m hoping it was lack of prep and not the alkalinity causing the issue. Also not looking forward to the repair.

farmo83

Reaction score
I live in South Texas and my uncle has it on his patio for at least 10 years, maybe 15ish. He swears by the stuff. I think he's patched a few minor issues but nothing major.

Let It Ride

Reaction score
Had Matt from Lakeside do my decking in 2014. He fixed the spots and repainted and did an excellent job, not sure if he’s still in town
B27FBA2A-5F02-41A1-AAE1-402DEA8BB0B5.jpeg
9AE6E1B9-7ED2-4282-9953-A7B59FE55E96.jpeg
A8F4BC5A-0174-4ED2-84A5-4F99386D2A54.jpeg
A78746B2-B031-4BBC-BB01-F90D29FE9814.jpeg

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It lasted about 5 years here in Parker. The moisture or alkaline or whatever that comes through the soil and concrete just makes it peel up. I agree with Walt. It sucks. I have it on my patio and dock and it all needs scraped off and some other kind of coating applied. Waste of fucking money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk