WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for expert (experienced) recommendations or

JimboG

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m in the hunt for a nice, fast v drive. I’d like to cruise the River, mostly slow but once in a while..... I’d like a blown motor that runs on pump gas, probably carbed but I’m open. I’m not looking for junk, rather a well taken care of boat because I’ll take care of it. I’m at the stage of my life now that I can afford a fun toy.
Here’s my dilemma: I need advice on the type/make of hull. After some research I think I’d like a T deck runner bottom but I’m flexible based, in part, on the guidance I receive here. I do not plan to use this boat for anything but cruising the Needles area river and perhaps an occasional Lake Mohave/Havasu visit. I have no desire to race but I’d like a boat capable of 100+. So, what hull best suits my needs?
Thanks in advance for your responses and ideas.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My first question is...

Have you ever driven a boat like this before?

And welcome. :)

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
This is the ultimate boat for what you're wanting. I can't believe I'm listing it, but I have my eyes on something else. Near flawless, big hp, pump gas, great manners, needs nothing.
20180904_183903.jpeg
20180904_165553.jpeg
20180730_201531-EFFECTS.jpeg

Last edited:

JimboG

Reaction score
Tofast, that is a great looking boat! If I didn’t have my sights set on a two seat, fast flat I’d look closer.
Many years ago I had a 1961 Mandela true flat with a hemi. I’d like to get back to that type of boat.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Canyon, Cole , hondo, dimarco, mako, kurtis. For a river/play boat I would look for a hull around 550 lbs or heavier (my opinion) Obviously heavier the more power will need to hit that 100 mph mark. For a river boat I would go carbed but injected can be easy to tune if you know what your doing. The market is pretty high right now for a good painted, nice floors runner bottom. But they are out there if you know where to look. What’s your budget like? Are you wanting a complete ready to go boat?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Tofast, that is a great looking boat! If I didn’t have my sights set on a two seat, fast flat I’d look closer.
Many years ago I had a 1961 Mandela true flat with a hemi. I’d like to get back to that type of boat.

I like the Rasoncraft flats myself. Solid hulls. They turn well. Heavy enough to ride decent in chop. Should handle whatever HP you put in it.

JimboG

Reaction score

Rivermobster: Excellent question! Answer is yes but it’s been a long, long while. I am not at all adverse to driving lessons and quite honestly would seek out, and pay for, quality training from an experienced driver.

Bagged97: I see you didn’t mention Sanger. Any particular reason? Regarding cost, rather than divulge my capabilities to any lurking potential seller I’ll say that I’m fairly aware of the current market value of a good quality, well maintained, blown v drive and I’m prepared to pay a fair price. I’d prefer a boat that’s been fairly well dialed in and properly tuned. I’d expect it to take a set and run straight then turn when told.

bagged97taco

Reaction score

Rivermobster: Excellent question! Answer is yes but it’s been a long, long while. I am not at all adverse to driving lessons and quite honestly would seek out, and pay for, quality training from an experienced driver.

Bagged97: I see you didn’t mention Sanger. Any particular reason? Regarding cost, rather than divulge my capabilities to any lurking potential seller I’ll say that I’m fairly aware of the current market value of a good quality, well maintained, blown v drive and I’m prepared to pay a fair price. I’d prefer a boat that’s been fairly well dialed in and properly tuned. I’d expect it to take a set and run straight then turn when told.
You said t-deck so only listed the top tdeck boats. Sanger’s are good boats. I love the bubble deck look. I have a canyon runner bottom and a Sanger bubble deck circle runner. Love them both but the canyon is better for sure. My dad has a Cole and a kurtis flat. Kurtis is a little bit of a handful at times. Cole is like driving a Cadillac. I listed the boats in order I feel are best. Although the better canyons are the later years and hard to find. Canyon and Cole will bring the most money

REXCRAFT1

Reaction score
RAYSON CRAFT

Attachments

• 100_2727.JPG
    100_2727.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_2718.JPG
    100_2718.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 260

JimboG

Reaction score
You said t-deck so only listed the top tdeck boats.

Bagged, I too like the bubble deck look! I was thinking T deck for safety but it too looks good. I’m still very much in the information and learning stage and am very willing to take advice from those I need the know. I appreciate your help thus far!

Rexcraft: I’m sure the Rayson’s are nice hulls but for some reason the lines of that design aren’t what I’m looking for. Curious though, what year was the last Rayson Craft made?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That little Hallett runs hard. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vstdispatch

Reaction score
What engine in the Hallet and how much ?
Just had the motor redone it's a 498bbc with a 871 blower made 1048hp. Boat is for sale if someone is serious everything has been redone on this boat. 562-577-9060

Last edited: