WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for feedback on my proposed man cave/single family home

steve cross

Reaction score
RVfloorplan.jpg 60FTCAM2.jpg 60FTRV1.jpg 60FTRV3.jpg RVAPT60-5 (2).jpg
The following images are of a proposed man cave/single family house I designed. This "man cave" would allow the owner to have a RV garage, a moderate living space (3 bed 2 bath), and a contemporary design in a price point much lower than it would be in a traditional home. This particular iteration has a RV garage 24x60, which is double the size of a regular RV garage, allowing for additional stowage space. Attached to the garage is a single story living space with a roof deck on top. I'm interested to hear potential feedback from fellow boaters/RV guys!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Looks cool. Questions and comments.

Where is the washer/dryer?

Why not run a return of cabinets down the left dividing wall in the kitchen? That seems like wasted wall.

I would turn the island at a 45ish to the couch, remove the stove, or make it 2 level so there is a bar height place for guests to set drinks.

What is the space adjacent to the tub in the middle bedroom?

IMO, dump the tub in the master and go to a nice walk in shower. Adults aren't going to take a bath.

Im not a fan of mid entry into the garage. It always seems that you run into the side of something when you walk out.

Singleton

Reaction score
Concept is interesting, but not sure you would be saving much over finding a used house.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm an adult but we love our jacuzzi tub. We love the big walk in shower w his and her heads too though. Master bathroom is one of my favorite parts of the lake house

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
The deck seems completely disconnected from the rest of the house. Seems like you would either be there or in the living room/ kitchen to entertain.

Singleton

Reaction score
The deck seems completely disconnected from the rest of the house. Seems like you would either be there or in the living room/ kitchen to entertain.

I would flip the interior. That way entertainment/kitchen opens up to backyard. Add a pool and you are good. This would also allow deck to be above kitchen and not bedroom. Add door to garage in rear of house and not middle and it flows better IMO.

steve cross

Reaction score
Looks cool. Questions and comments.

Where is the washer/dryer?

Why not run a return of cabinets down the left dividing wall in the kitchen? That seems like wasted wall.

I would turn the island at a 45ish to the couch, remove the stove, or make it 2 level so there is a bar height place for guests to set drinks.

What is the space adjacent to the tub in the middle bedroom?

IMO, dump the tub in the master and go to a nice walk in shower. Adults aren't going to take a bath.

Im not a fan of mid entry into the garage. It always seems that you run into the side of something when you walk out.
I created a laundry room by the hall bath. The cabinet idea may work, but it will be left to the discretion of a cabinet designer. The space adjacent to the tub is where I placed the laundry and inline water heat in the updated rendering. I agree with you so I made some modifications, and replaced the tub with a walk in shower. I moved the door from the garage toward the kitchen. Great comments, thanks!

steve cross

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm an adult but we love our jacuzzi tub. We love the big walk in shower w his and her heads too though. Master bathroom is one of my favorite parts of the lake house
I removed the tub and created a larger walk in shower. Good Idea. May have an outdoor Jacuzzi.

steve cross

Reaction score
We have thought about it. We might do your configuration... but on our lot there is a lake view in the front.

steve cross

Reaction score
I would flip the interior. That way entertainment/kitchen opens up to backyard. Add a pool and you are good. This would also allow deck to be above kitchen and not bedroom. Add door to garage in rear of house and not middle and it flows better IMO.
Agreed, our lake views are from the front in this case.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I would really look to get the stairway to the front of the house then.