Looking for first motorhome (possibly)

TCHB

Reaction score
This is a nice RV. Hyatt
2BFCD25A-2539-4DAF-B254-FF99BCEDA139.jpeg

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Dave, if you would of charged $5 per view and added you wanted to tow more then a F150, you'd have the money for a new one in two weeks.:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Dave, if you would of charged $5 per view and added you wanted to tow more then a F150, you'd have the money for a new one in two weeks.:D
I think that's what he does,,.... :D

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
These might fit what your looking for just no bunks I can attach the links if your interested

Attachments

• 68EDC1C9-DA68-42D9-B44D-EA971975FED0.jpeg
    68EDC1C9-DA68-42D9-B44D-EA971975FED0.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 185
  • D41DDD3E-C5DB-4621-A4A8-0F36C964C919.jpeg
    D41DDD3E-C5DB-4621-A4A8-0F36C964C919.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 169

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
This one was just posted

Attachments

• CB6FD503-BFF1-417F-9F09-48FEB314F335.png
    CB6FD503-BFF1-417F-9F09-48FEB314F335.png
    717.7 KB · Views: 170

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Motorhomes

THE DREAM

Your’re driving down I-40, nestled in a barcalounger. "Honey, do you want something to drink?" Your wife asks from the kitchen, as she's chopping onions for your sizzling omelet. "Sure honey, thanks!" you say. Your wife walks up and hands you a frosty beverage, then offers up a back massage from the dinette seat behind you. You my friend, are living the dream! "Dad, I have to pee!" your 3 year old cries from the overhead bunk, where he and his sister are watching DirectTV - fed from an auto-seek satellite dish. "No problem honey, let me take you to the bathroom" your wife says. "Mom, i have to poop too!" your daughter chimes in. You bump the cruise control to 82 and enjoy that beverage while your wife wipes your kids asses. A quick check of the rear view reveals sunshine and rainbows, reflecting off the gleaming silhouette of your 30' stacker. The kids walk back up to the front and give you a hug as they plop down in front of the big screen. That omelet smells amazing! You turn around and catch a glimpse of your wifes thong as she bends over in heels to pull a tri tip out of the oven. You're gonna wreck that ass later in your slide out master bedroom, and you deserve it. Auto level jacks keep the rig from rocking while you slay the poon. You are king of the road.....

THE REALITY

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH..........the motor sounds every bit of 5000 rpm as you creep along at 40mph uphill in 2nd, yanking a 10k enclosed box trailer behind your 5k rated Moho. Silverware, cookie sheets and oven racks crash and clatter as you hit every pothole the slow lane has to offer. "Dont worry, you'll make it to the top, and who's racing anyway? " A semi trailer with flashers on looms in the distance, and your rate of closure is slow but steady. Will you crest the grade before you have to pass? God please dont let me get stuck behind this guy, cause I don't think getting back up to this speed is an option! Your kids scream "are we there yet dad?" No kids.....dont f*cking ask again, its gonna be a while! It's been hours since breakfast. "Honey, can you make me a sandwich?" You ask. "WHAAAAAAAAT?" She screams over the wind noise and monstrous V10 roar. "I SAID....CAN YOU MAKE ME A SANDWICH". She rolls her eyes and unbuckles her seat belt. After smacking her head on the overhead bunk she steps towards the back. WHAM! - She then flies back onto the center console as you slam the brakes for that Uhaul that just blew past and cut you off. Your wife sits back down. Fuck your sandwich. You wipe the spilled soda off that 70's looking CCTV rear view monitor. "Who built the cup holders in this wood center console anyways" you mumble. "Dad...i have to poop!" you son yells. You begrudgingly ask the wife to take them to the bathroom. She slams her phone down and makes her way toward the dinette, only to discover smashed cheetoes and juice everywhere. She grabs the kids and tries to hold on to the children and the countertop while precariously inching toward the bathroom. You had a straight section of road a minute ago, but what bad timing - Here comes a corner - "Hang on honey!" you yell. You turn around just in time to catch a glimpse of your toddlers face being jammed into the stove as your wifes loses balance and smashes her. She frantically grabs to stabilize herself and rips the curtain off the plastic ceiling track. The little roller hooks fly everywhere like skittles. You turn around and keep your mouth shut.

Best post on any forum about any topic ever! The internet can close now. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
smaller rv with a built out trailer. Wall mount some sofas that convert to beds, TV, propane, big buddy heater and maybe a small bathroom (sick and toilet).

RV for the adults and trailer for the kids while camping. big plus on this route, you don’t care what the trailer looks like inside. Just make the kids pack up and clean up before departure.

I don’t see that working for us.. As appealing as it sounds. Built out trailer is 20+k. RV is $$?? Etc..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we are going to glamis this weekend. We are renting a diesel pusher (Fleetwood discovery) just to try it out and see if we like something that big.

Another one available for rent in LHC is a gasser with the bunk setup that is newer.

Honestly for the price you can rent these things for I’m kinda wondering if owning one even makes sense?
For me to rent one is about 800 bucks.. The only thing that sucks is it won’t have all of our personal stuff in it.. but pricing out a 100+k coach id have to use it two+ times a month for it to even pencil out? I guess you have the asset (liability) to sell at the end, but those months you don’t use it would balance that out on the quick.

0521F3C0-5BA2-46A0-863C-4621099A5A19.png

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So we are going to glamis this weekend. We are renting a diesel pusher (Fleetwood discovery) just to try it out and see if we like something that big.

Another one available for rent in LHC is a gasser with the bunk setup that is newer.

Honestly for the price you can rent these things for I’m kinda wondering if owning one even makes sense?
For me to rent one is about 800 bucks.. The only thing that sucks is it won’t have all of our personal stuff in it.. but pricing out a 100+k coach id have to use it two+ times a month for it to even pencil out? I guess you have the asset (liability) to sell at the end, but those months you don’t use it would balance that out on the quick.

View attachment 839463
there are 2 reasons to buy an rv... because you want to, and because you can.... it'll never pencil out...

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

View attachment 839463

Shit I’m going following weekend, who’s all going this coming weekend?

Singleton

Reaction score

View attachment 839463

they never pencil out
Renting makes sense, until you start doing 2-3 week National park trips and pay rental plus mileage

you are best renting and then deciding if you like it, then purchase

boatpi

Reaction score
RD, they are a second home write off, or your business write off, so look at that math too.

EBT531

Reaction score
RD, they are a second home write off, or your business write off, so look at that math too.

Thats USED to be the case until Trump redid tax calculations. Now you're maxed at $10k deduction for interest, property taxes etc. which Dave likely hits long before you think about a second house.

EBT531

Reaction score

View attachment 839463

I can tell you that I averaged it at $150 a month just for the RV to sit in my yard. That was insurance, planned maintenance for tires/oil/batteries etc.. That was a diesel pusher so maintenance is a little higher. It really depends how often you take it out.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

View attachment 839463

Annnnnd this is why I have not bought an RV or a travel trailer. I just rent one the couple times a year when we want one. We have a couple large totes with all of our "RV stuff" in the garage that is ready to go. All we need to bring is food, beer and water, and toss the totes in the RV. A ~30' class C is like $400 for a 4 day weekend plus the gas.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
Annnnnd this is why I have not bought an RV or a travel trailer. I just rent one the couple times a year when we want one. We have a couple large totes with all of our "RV stuff" in the garage that is ready to go. All we need to bring is food, beer and water. A ~30' class C is like $400 for a 4 day weekend plus the gas.

Had no idea. I only thought you could rent the pos Cruise America ones

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Had no idea. I only thought you could rent the pos Cruise America ones

If I had access to free storage for said RV, my program would be different and I'd probably own one.

spectras only

Reaction score
Dave, I've been around diesel pushers, and it was always my wish to get my own one day but, wife never wanted one, so we settled on a TT's. Plus, you get tired of the front door entry with 99% of diesel pushers have.I prefer a mid entry that you get with gassers and have one that has driver door as well.;) Just like with boats, it's always nicer having friends with a big azz mohos, let them do the maintenance and dealing with storage/parking.;) 2FF is right, find the right Class C is a better choice, also much less $$$ to buy one. It will be used more often. Unless you planning on cross country endeavours that last weeks or months, having a big pusher makes no sense. Find a smaller Class C like the 26/7 foot Winnebago Minnie Winnie to rent with three slides and see how you like it before jumping on the purchase of a diesel pusher.Also, I'd stay with a max length of 28/9 feet with the Class C's as well, you could get them into places no diesel pushers can!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Since Dave's post get all the action.lol....Can anyone give feedback how the Senecas drive mainly in the wind?

I have driven DP with tag axles and non and they react totally different and 40' fith wheels. But never a C class or a super C.....Nothing like fighting wind and it will wear our ass out.....

Pic for reference...

P1364-2015-Jayco-Seneca-20181118.jpg

Englewood

Reaction score
I hate to be that guy but owning a motorhome was the worst purchase I ever made. For me, it makes much more sense to rent a hotel or VRBO and have an enclosed that meets my needs.

fmo24

Reaction score
The only issue with renting is some do not allow towing. Plus if you are going to use it regularly all your own things make it much nicer when traveling

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
@RiverDave

Can RDP not rent the pusher as equipment every time you take one out?

This is something to look into Dave. I know of a couple people that were able to use the tax codes to their advantages with an RV. If you haven't already, talk to your tax guy and see what kind of magic he can work for you on that front. From what a couple friends have done their motorhomes cost them very little due to being able to write off certain things between their business and personal taxes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

View attachment 839463

I'm kind of in the same boat Dave. We got back into dirt bike riding again we me and the kids getting bikes and a quad and the wife probably getting a quad soon. Ironically the wife is pushing to get an RV. I'm the one on the fence for the same reasons. You have to use them allot in order for them to make sense. We are going to start out renting and see how it goes.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hey Dave.

I have a 2018 Minnie Winnie, No slides but love it.

How about this one, with bunks? Seems perfect for what you are looking for.

https://www.giantrv.com/inv/2020-Winnebago-Minnie-Winnie-31H-Colton-WMI270/#more-photos

We looked at that model and the kitchen counter space left a lot to be desired. Wasn’t a fan of the layout when slides are retracted either. There are much more efficient bunk model layouts in that length.

No idea why Giant advertises their MSRP price as the sale price. That motorhome is $85k any day of the week.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Annnnnd this is why I have not bought an RV or a travel trailer. I just rent one the couple times a year when we want one. We have a couple large totes with all of our "RV stuff" in the garage that is ready to go. All we need to bring is food, beer and water, and toss the totes in the RV. A ~30' class C is like $400 for a 4 day weekend plus the gas.

I had a Class A and sold it years ago. Then we rented one once. Once. But when I sat down to drop my first deuce in the rental, and my man baggage hit the seat and slid into place, I was like eeewwwwww, then FUCK.

Although we thoroughly cleaned the coach before use, I immediately thought who else's junk did this? Now I'm sitting there in pure disgust, thinking I might just get the herps and how would I explain that to my wife, that I got some type of nasty shit from a toilet seat.......

I now own a nice little toy hauler. With a big toilet. And I know who's used it!!!

It will NEVER pencil out. You don't buy an RV cause it pencils out. You do it to make memories with family. And THAT is worth more than the pain in the ass, that it is to own.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I had a Class A and sold it years ago. Then we rented one once. Once. But when I sat down to drop my first deuce in the rental, and my man baggage hit the seat and slid into place, I was like eeewwwwww, then FUCK.

Although we thoroughly cleaned the coach before use, I immediately thought who else's junk did this? Now I'm sitting there in pure disgust, thinking I might just get the herps and how would I explain that to my wife, that I got some type of nasty shit from a toilet seat.......

I now own a nice little toy hauler. With a big toilet.

It will NEVER pencil out. You don't buy an RV cause it pencils out. You do it to make memories with family. And THAT is worth more than the pain in the ass, that it is to own.

I guess you have never stayed in a hotel. :)

The memories my family makes won't be of the rental RV anyway. The rental RV is just a box we eat and sleep in while making the memories. And with the money I save, we can do other trips and make other memories.

There is nothing wrong with RV ownership. But for me personally, it makes no sense when I only do it a few times a year.

Last edited:

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

View attachment 839463

I always tell everyone that asks me about mine, that for it to even remotely make sense financially, it has to cost me less than a hotel room. I.E, My combined costs each year all added up, I have to stay in it more than that same amount would cost me for a hotel room @100$ a night. Typically, that ends up being ~43+ nights a year (which we always do). And mine is WAY cheaper than what you are looking at, I have free storage, I don't pay anyone to work on it, mine is gas so maintenance is super cheap (pretty much none), etc.

I notice a lot of replies suggest to go smaller so you will use it more, and its absolutely true. We use ours all the time, the smaller the better (to an extent). We drive it to friends houses all the time so we can throw the kids in there when they get tired and we want to continue to party. Then, if we continue to party till we cant drive home...we have our own bed in the driveway. Its pretty dang convenient.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We looked at that model and the kitchen counter space left a lot to be desired. Wasn’t a fan of the layout when slides are retracted either. There are much more efficient bunk model layouts in that length.

No idea why Giant advertises their MSRP price as the sale price. That motorhome is $85k any day of the week.

Yea there is always a compromise. The other 31' model without bunks looks pretty good with more counter space. But it does not have a door between the bathroom and bedroom, and the shower is separate from the toilet, which is good and bad depending on the situation lol.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
I guess you have never stayed in a hotel. :)

The memories my family makes won't be of the rental RV anyway. The rental RV is just a box we eat and sleep in while making the memories. And with the money I save, we can do other trips and make other memories.

There is nothing wrong with RV ownership. But for me personally, it makes no sense.

LOL Hotels and VRBO are a way of life for us lately, too. Only difference for me is, the mouth on the toilet seats in the hotels and homes are much larger for the luggage.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOL Hotels and VRBO are a way of life for us lately, too. Only difference for me is, the mouth on the toilet seats in the hotels and homes are much larger for the luggage.

The elliptical bowl is a must. I don't even know why they sell round bowl toilets.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yea there is always a compromise. The other 31' model without bunks looks pretty good with more counter space. But it does not have a door between the bathroom and bedroom, and the shower is separate from the toilet, which is good and bad depending on the situation lol.

IMO, Class C’s you really want a jack n jill bath and freely be able to access the bath when slide(s) are retracted when traveling down the highway or overnighting.

Also, the dinette table. Fuck the ones with poles for the table top. It won’t be long before you stop putting up the table all together and it just becomes a bed in the entertaining area. It’s like hanging out in a hotel room. Everyone is sitting uncomfortably on beds lol.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

View attachment 839463
That seems way cheaper than owning one. Barrowing 100k at 5% for 10 years is about 1060 a month. If you use it 12 times in a year, renting it at $800 would save you ~2500. Plus you dont have to pay for upkeep or registration.

gqchris

Reaction score
I notice alot of people mentioning that they want the kids up front or a bedroom door so they can smash their wives/gf's while camping. Ummmm. Have you guys ever had sex in an RV? Shit is shaking and banging.Even on jacks! I dont enjoy the shit even when no kids. LOL....so dont make that a reason to decide. There is NO privacy in motor homes. Just a fact.

Thats' when a drive out to a secluded spot in the sandcar is needed.

FOUNTAIN333

Reaction score
dave

Do yourself a favor and buy something that you won't hate driving or pulling up somewhere. Something that is a breeze to drive anywhere in any conditions and you can put a million miles on it as that is what it was meant to do. They hold their resale value and are quality built. There isn't shit falling off or all loud inside. I haven't found anything to put behind mine yet that i can tell its back there.

IMG_6353.jpg
IMG_5587.JPG

gqchris

Reaction score
dave

Do yourself a favor and buy something that you won't hate driving or pulling up somewhere. Something that is a breeze to drive anywhere in any conditions and you can put a million miles on it as that is what it was meant to do. They hold their resale value and are quality built. There isn't shit falling off or all loud inside. I haven't found anything to put behind mine yet that i can tell its back there.

View attachment 839628 View attachment 839629

Life goals right here! Beautiful package sir.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
dave

@RiverDave

Note this poor persons RZR.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 839463

Check out ol RD makin sense and shit...wtf is up with THAT?!?!?!

:D:p

Taboma

Reaction score
dave

So that's a toyhauler for you SXS, plus you can easily tow, what is the term for those ? Very Nice !!

X Hoser

Reaction score
Dave, I know of a 2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus, 40', 400 Cummins, ALL options available that year, brand new Michellin tires, only 12000 miles, just shy of $400K new. Garaged it's entire life. Open check book maintenance and care. Asking $135,000, but from my research that imay be high? No idea how flexible he is, I only know the person that maintains it for him. It's in Redlands and I can PM the number if you are interested.