WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for information on ski racing and to borrow/rent/buy a Maherajah speed ski

Bu2River

Reaction score
I grew up surfing Malibu and waterskiing Parker. I have always wanted to try water ski racing, however the barriers of entry to the sport are pretty high.

I would love to try it out, without investing thousands of dollars on potentially the wrong equipment. Therefore, I am looking for anyone that has any advice or insight or simply has gear they would be willing to let try out or just gear for sale. I am more than happy to compensate someone for their time and information.

I live in Los Angeles, so am happy to meet in southern California or Parker Az (my family has a house in Big River).

Not sure how much this matters, but I'm 5'6", approx 150lbs and regular foot (left foot forward).

please contact me if you're able to help:

Tuffer Marsolek
[email protected]

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I have sort of a "loaner" race ski in Parker ,with Maha bindings on it that are ambidextrous. You might want to come up to the races this weekend at Havasu Springs and look around and talk to some people. Lots of people have stuff they will loan, and you could ski Grass Roots class for minimal expense. Email Cheryl on the NWSRA.net site for information. Probably best to maybe at least get up on a race ski a few times before trying to race, even Grass Roots class.

76 Southwind

Reaction score
I have sort of a "loaner" race ski in Parker ,with Maha bindings on it that are ambidextrous. You might want to come up to the races this weekend at Havasu Springs and look around and talk to some people. Lots of people have stuff they will loan, and you could ski Grass Roots class for minimal expense. Email Cheryl on the NWSRA.net site for information. Probably best to maybe at least get up on a race ski a few times before trying to race, even Grass Roots class.
That is about as solid of information as you can get rite there. Sounds like Obnoxious knows his stuff :D

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Sounds like Obnoxious knows his stuff :D

I have been around ski racing since I was a kid, didn't actually start competing until later in life, and although I don't currently ski at the races, I have been driving a boat for the past few years pulling a few of my friends.

I called the phone number he posted the other day, no reply.