WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for our first RV

buck35

Reaction score
Hell, has he ever checked in since he started back?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hell, has he ever checked in since he started back?

Long story short I hauled ass straight back and drove that motorhome right to the channel where my daughter was being baptized.. LOL. I made it there with 6 minutes to spare. After that we were with the kids, next day was my b day, and now we are to today.. I've been driving around buying all the stuff we need, and setting up appointments with shops to get all fluids changed / radiator flushed etc.. Bought that enzyme that cleans out the tanks and spent most of my day yesterday filling the tanks up and draining them, before finally filling them up with the enzyme mixture and letting it sit..

Got setup with an appointment over at Joe's to get all the fluids changed.. and Trevor from First class RV will be here in 5 minutes to go over all the normal non chassis stuff, and get a punchiest of things to fix or improve. :).

When I get some free time tonight I'll post up the story of our road trip, and my trip back home! Lots of pretty cool stuff and experiences.. as well as people running speak easy restaurants? LOL. WTF?

RD

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Long story short I hauled ass straight back and drove that motorhome right to the channel where my daughter was being baptized.. LOL. I made it there with 6 minutes to spare. After that we were with the kids, next day was my b day, and now we are to today.. I've been driving around buying all the stuff we need, and setting up appointments with shops to get all fluids changed / radiator flushed etc.. Bought that enzyme that cleans out the tanks and spent most of my day yesterday filling the tanks up and draining them, before finally filling them up with the enzyme mixture and letting it sit..

Got setup with an appointment over at Joe's to get all the fluids changed.. and Trevor from First class RV will be here in 5 minutes to go over all the normal non chassis stuff, and get a punchiest of things to fix or improve. :).

When I get some free time tonight I'll post up the story of our road trip, and my trip back home! Lots of pretty cool stuff and experiences.. as well as people running speak easy restaurants? LOL. WTF?

RD

What is this enzyme thing you speak of?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is this enzyme thing you speak of?

you pour it in the tanks and then fill them up with water and it eats all the fecal matter, bacteria, etc off the walls of the tanks so they don’t smell.
I flushed the black and grey tanks three times and now have them full wkth the enzyme material and water and letting them sit and do their magic.. rv smell is already gone! :). Smells like a new coach already.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
A good black tank cleaner later is dump a few bags of ice in a partially full (of water) tank and drive around. Like scrubbing bubbles.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
you pour it in the tanks and then fill them up with water and it eats all the fecal matter, bacteria, etc off the walls of the tanks so they don’t smell.
I flushed the black and grey tanks three times and now have them full wkth the enzyme material and water and letting them sit and do their magic.. rv smell is already gone! :). Smells like a new coach already.

Nice, I need to do that! My TT has that odd smell.

rush1

Reaction score
the stuff I bought literally eats shit! Lol.
Just make sure you dump the black water tank first then the grey water tank ,it rinses the hose out for you,if you're going to be at park for a couple of days go ahead and leave the Grey water valve open close it the night before you're going to leave so you have rinse water in the tank , but never leave the black water valve open the water will drain off and leave a mound of dried poo in your tank.

Icky

Reaction score
Just make sure you dump the black water tank first then the grey water tank ,it rinses the hose out for you,if you're going to be at park for a couple of days go ahead and leave the Grey water valve open close it the night before you're going to leave so you have rinse water in the tank , but never leave the black water valve open the water will drain off and leave a mound of dried poo in your tank.
Put a p trap in your hose if you do this to eliminate smells coming back in

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Put a p trap in your hose if you do this to eliminate smells coming back in
never never never ever ever ever do that, you will get a paper clog from hell, the way they work is like a mobile septic system,... best working when half full,... you need the break down of the water and enzymes to break down the paper...

Icky

Reaction score
I was talking about if your going to leave your grey water valve open all the time not the black.
never never never ever ever ever do that, you will get a paper clog from hell, the way they work is like a mobile septic system,... best working when half full,... you need the break down of the water and enzymes to break down the paper...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Nice, I need to do that! My TT has that odd smell.
they make a differant stuff for grey tanks, If you use black water tank stuff your RV will smell inside like a job site portta potty,... the gray water stuff smells like citrus or pine...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
We have a 19 foot coachman currently , and it gets tight after a couple days.2or 3 more feet would be great.
Have made many trips to so so cal,sac , and havasue, as well as the Dakota's last fall. Two feet like longer and a foot wider and we be happy campers....
can you post up more info...model....measured length...floor plan,... like said, I'm still on the hunt for a super small rv..the sprinter is 24' lots of storage and cabinets... and super smooth ride... runs like a mouse in slippers...

v6toy4x

Reaction score
personaly, I like to leave both closed and just dump gray and black as needed... keeps the sides wet and clean..

THIS,
I don"t even dump after a trip if little use. I wait until things are full.
Use a bowl of water, minimum, for every flush in the black. Water is your friend.

Kinda like that empty plate that had spaghetti on it and you forgot to rinse it right after you finished,
that stuff is stuck to the plate, let it soak a bit and it rinses right off.

After I dump I put in about 5 gallons of water, a deoderizer and a heft squirt of DAWN dush washung liquid

rush1

Reaction score
an old school trick is to dump a bag of ice down the toilet after you dump the tanks and head home... the ice cleans out the tank
That works awesome I've done that to a bunch of old coaches,I also use a black tank fusher all of the time and if they don't have on I install one.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
it was a great improvement, and also eye catcher.... I'd stand back and watch many go over and read the tire size....but I have went back to my old mod,.. 235-85-16's there taller than stock, ride better, higher load rating so you can run the air pressure a little lower, but why I do it is to slow down the top end rpms,,,the e 450's go down the road about 2500 rpms and the mod scrubs about 400 off...

Steve, bringing this back from the grave, do you have a pic of the class C with the 19.5’s?

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Steve, bringing this back from the grave, do you have a pic of the class C with the 19.5’s?

I know a guy that has access to quite a few tires that might be able to help out with your experiment, let me know if you need his contact info. ;)

Either that or @2FORCEFULL will chime in.

BajaMike

Reaction score
View attachment 924381

🤔 It's worked out pretty good! ;)
The one we sold (And no the people we sold it to wont sell it back...)

1999 36’ U320. Didn’t realize how rare a high HP 36 footer is until trying to find another one.

Was the standard ugly coach with bad graphics on the outside and ugly gold on the inside.

View attachment 924530

The first thing we did was remove the recliner and small desk. Kids were both in cribs and that’s where they went.

View attachment 924531

Had also replaced the couch like captains chairs with real automotive buckets. Two arm rests and shoulder belts were required. These are 2nd row Toyota Sienna seats. Kids rode in car seats facing front and rear that were strapped to the couch.

View attachment 924532 View attachment 924534 View attachment 924533 View attachment 924535

Then came the closet to bunk bed conversion. Was really easy actually. Banks folded down, bars kept little ones in place. Opened the left door to get them in and out.

View attachment 924536

When they got bigger the door was replaced with a ladder.

View attachment 924537

Also added two more of the Sienna buckets. This was an important thing to me, kids traveling sitting sideways with crappy RV lap belts was a non starter. (Fab’d sandwich plates that picked up the structural members) Overkill is just enough when it comes to my kids.

View attachment 924540 View attachment 924541 View attachment 924542

Removed all the graphics and traded out the duals for super singles. The wide base tires reduced the NVH levels... They should be standard on couches...

Threw this all up to serve as an example of what can be done. There are very few bunkhouse DP’s, anything you find will be fairly new and fairly expensive. It is however really easy to add them in a closet or in the cabinets. How many of us remember the cabinet/beds in some of the 70’s truck campers?

Buy the best chassis you can and remodel to suit. It’s the location-location-location thing of motor homes.

Nice looking coach. I love the white exterior! I can’t believe the motorhome manufacturers still put those god-awful graphics on them. Solid color is WAY BETTER!