WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for our first RV

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Dave with the dually. I would do a large 5th wheel. Plenty of space for the kids and dogs. You and Stacy can still have a king bed. They have auto level. Hit a button and done. Plus the family can ride in them leaving you in your truck in peace.

Motor homes are not meant for a family but more for a couple with no kids in them.

Maintenance on a fifth wheel is significantly cheaper and they are just as nice and make great parts rigs when you do events

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a late Model Allegro Class A bunkhouse with the newer V-10/6 speed trans thats at Pirates den till October then hitting the for sale market. I told him to hit you up on FB. @RiverDave

@RiverDave - Our friends have one of these, and are very happy with it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Dave with the dually. I would do a large 5th wheel. Plenty of space for the kids and dogs. You and Stacy can still have a queen. They have auto level. Hit a button and done. Plus the family can ride in them leaving you in your truck in peace.

Motor homes are not meant for a family but more for a couple with no kids in them.

Maintenance on a fifth wheel is significantly cheaper and they are just as nice and make great parts rigs when you do events

Its like there is an echo in here. :)

When he said its just going to sit on the side of his house plugged in and waste away in the desert sun this whole RV program fell apart for me.

RCDave

Reaction score
Not convenient but the other option, which greatly increases the potential choices of an RV, pull the stacker with the truck. That way you can get an RV that best suits your families needs, without needing to spend too much on the RV.

Requires 2 drivers. But greatly increases the flexibility for the family. And safer for travel overall.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Don’t get a garage model. Attitude has one that fits two 4seat rzrs

This. Just get a regular 5th wheel. Use the Suburban to tow the enclosed.

Rent a baller RV that will tow the enclosed for the 4-5 trips a year you want to go further than 30 miles from the house.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Only problem with a trailer is garage space. He has a four seat sxs and his kids razor
Piece of cake I can fit that with my bumper pull and long bed.

You can fit 2 4seat sxs in some fifth wheels.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not convenient but the other option, which greatly increases the potential choices of an RV, pull the stacker with the truck. That way you can get an RV that best suits your families needs, without needing to spend too much on the RV.

Requires 2 drivers. But greatly increases the flexibility for the family. And safer for travel overall.

At that point why even get the RV? 5th wheel (non toy hauler) is a better solution in my mind.

Taboma

Reaction score
This. Just get a regular 5th wheel. Use the Suburban to tow the enclosed.

Rent a baller RV that will tow the enclosed for the 4-5 trips a year you want to go further than 30 miles from the house.

What Bpracing stated about NOT getting a garage model, then stating Attitude has one (Whatever one is) that fits to 4 seat Rzrs seems to have made sense to you.
Yet your reply is about taking two vehicles one towing the trailer, the other another trailer with the SxSs. But I thought Attitude made toyhaulers --- HUH ??

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Problem solved. You're welcome.
rd.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And figure in renting inside storage for it, leaving a motorhome on the side of the house in Havaus is pretty much the same thing as setting a pile of money on fire. I wouldnt buy a motorhome that has been stored outside in this client, the roof will be toast, everything plastic cracks, the window and roof seals will be junk, etc.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Dave you should be able to get a early Seneca freightliner just over $100k, look for the FS floorplan

This was just for sale 2 weeks ago for $105k. I was gonna go look at it. But it sold. Then I saw it listed for $120k this morning. Still a good price.

Ladsm

Reaction score
2013 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35QBA bunkhouse.
@RiverDave this is the one I mentioned above. Great length for towing, 6 spd trans helps with staying in the right ratio, kid friendly layout inside. Low Miles because its parked in Parker on his campsite all summer.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I did not see a dinette or table and chairs. When weather is shitty do You want all your kids crap in the living room? Jus me nit picking or adding food for thought

I think the seller just didn't get a pic of the dinette. It is probably next to the couch (no pics of that corner). Also the seller says he planned on re-doing the surfaces inside including the dinette.

Icky

Reaction score
What Bpracing stated about NOT getting a garage model, then stating Attitude has one (Whatever one is) that fits to 4 seat Rzrs seems to have made sense to you.
Yet your reply is about taking two vehicles one towing the trailer, the other another trailer with the SxSs. But I thought Attitude made toyhaulers --- HUH ??
Garage model usually has a separate garage closed off from the rest by a door or slider, separateliving area. Non garage models have an open floor plan, you can park all the way up to your first cabinet.

Taboma

Reaction score
Garage model usually has a separate garage closed off from the rest by a door or slider, separateliving area. Non garage models have an open floor plan, you can park all the way up to your first cabinet.

Thanks for explaining that. I've got pretty much everything to learn about this segment. My only familiarization with RV living was three years in a large 5th wheel, but in our driveway while having the new house built. Once we moved into our home, was done with camping for awhile, so sold it.
I went to Attitude's website and I can see what you mean, they seem to offer some models with a lot of toy floor space. I didn't realize some have separate garages.

Icky

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that. I've got pretty much everything to learn about this segment. My only familiarization with RV living was three years in a large 5th wheel, but in our driveway while having the new house built. Once we moved into our home, was done with camping for awhile, so sold it.
I went to Attitude's website and I can see what you mean, they seem to offer some models with a lot of toy floor space. I didn't realize some have separate garages.
BIL has had a few different trailers over the years, from brand new to his current 48' weekend warrior. He likes that it has a 17' separate garage and he doesn't have to remove his paddles on his extreme sandcar. Can pull up and go to bed and not have to unload the car to make beds etc

kimbalee

Reaction score
As it has been mentioned already, DPs are made for 2 people - any more than that is a pain in the ass. We have a 40' Tiffin Allegro Bus & tow a 26' Enclosed that is self contained for the brats - fits a 5 seat Funco, 2 Quads & a truck-bed of firewood. We unload at camp and it has 2 queen beds, a toilet, a shower & a basin. We all eat & hangout outside together at the bbq/firepit. We sleep & live in the bus & our 2 boys have their own apartment in the trailer. Works for us.

Taboma

Reaction score
BIL has had a few different trailers over the years, from brand new to his current 48' weekend warrior. He likes that it has a 17' separate garage and he doesn't have to remove his paddles on his extreme sandcar. Can pull up and go to bed and not have to unload the car to make beds etc

48' Holy Toyhauler :oops: I don't want to tow something that large for sure. Our Wildcat XX isn't that wide, no paddles and only the two of us. I'll compromise 😁

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Dave, this, from a retired friend a d lifetime RV'r

Screenshot_20200922-135125_Message+.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this,if the plan is to tow 12-15k lbs, if it says ford anywhere on it ...keep looking

My plan is to pull an enclosed with a sxs a mini sxs and a quad maybe some fuel. Thinking 6-7k Max?

the 15 came from that super nova claims. Not what is actually being towed

RCDave

Reaction score
My plan is to pull an enclosed with a sxs a mini sxs and a quad maybe some fuel. Thinking 6-7k Max?

6-7K max opens the doors to many more options.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

It will be 7K plus. A stripper 24' enclosed is 3600-3800 lbs (unless you get an aluminium one). Add the extra weight of a finished interior to that.. you are over 4K lbs. The Speed UTV is gonna be 2300 lbs, I'd wager closer to 2500 with your spare, tools and all the crap in it. The Ranger is probably close to 750, plus a quad and extra crap, you are topping 7K lbs.

RCDave

Reaction score
RD. Take a good look at this one:

With a mod for bunks, it would serve you well

Garage kept, appears to be in sound condition, well maintained, Cummins 8.9L 400hp diesel, 3000 allison trans, low miles, Hyd leveling jacks, in motion sat, newer smart TV's, washer/dryer, new batteries, reasonably fresh tires, 150 gallon fuel tank.....

A bit on the high end of your budget, but ifs what the seller says it is, its ready to roll....
@RiverDave

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
being Dave asked, I give the input,...what would I do if I was dave kinda eplies,... not ment as a dig to what others already have...
first thing I would do is get rid of the dually for a small class c rv.. i have friends w/ a dp that go out for 3/4 weeks at a time traveling... once a year,...
i also have friends with small class c rv...they use them weekly, a small rv is a dually, and a dually with the biggest camper you can buy...
Shit Steve I think you figured it out for me as well. Thanks for the input on this thread you’ve made a lot of things make sense. I like the one you posted and like you said every weekend load the kids up and go to sports or camping or monster trucks or super cross or the beach or whatever.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Dave why are you sold on the motor home vs a large 5th wheel? What do you see as the benefits over the other

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave why are you sold on the motor home vs a large 5th wheel? What do you see as the benefits over the other

The fact that I can drive the motorhome to the redwoods etc.. and leave all the stuff at home.

with the trailer the place where you out the SXS’s etc is also part of your living area unless you get a garage model which won’t fit my program

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok let’s start this again.. lol.

Need motorhome that has bunk house - cab over bed.. and can pull a 24-28 trailer with a SxS, mini Sxs, quad, fuel, tools, etc..

I DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT need to tow 15,000 lbs.

I need to tow like 8’ish K.. maybe 9

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Shit Steve I think you figured it out for me as well. Thanks for the input on this thread you’ve made a lot of things make sense. I like the one you posted and like you said every weekend load the kids up and go to sports or camping or monster trucks or super cross or the beach or whatever.
If you took all of the RV's that Steve has owned and put them on a lot, you'd have one of the largest RV dealers in the state.

fmo24

Reaction score

Need motorhome that has bunk house - cab over bed.. and can pull a 24-28 trailer with a SxS, mini Sxs, quad, fuel, tools, etc..

Think that brings you back to a super C diesel lol

fmo24

Reaction score

I know the tiffin gasser we had had a fold down single bed over cockpit that would be great for one kid. We did not have bunks as no kids but they do make a bunkhouse. I think it would’ve slow going on a major grade with 7k trailer but evenDP are not speedsters with that load

Taboma

Reaction score
If you took all of the RV's that Steve has owned and put them on a lot, you'd have one of the largest RV dealers in the state.

Not to mention, just how many ' Holy Grails ' has he owned, customized, made right, then decided nope, close but no cigar, what are the odds I'll choose right ?

Singleton

Reaction score
I don’t need 15k!

back to sleeping 3 kids separate beds (no foldout sofa BS) and bed for parents that can tow 10k max.
you just ended up in a Super C or DP.

I looked at the Tiffin BH model referenced above back in 2014. Only risk was towing.
Then I realized I had a truck that could tow anything and purchased the ToyHauler. Cost of entry and annual maintenance was a huge factor.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

If you want to tow nine you want 15

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We had a bunch of Fleetwood revolution LEs, They are one of the few motorhomes with a 15,000 pound towing capacity and they are on a spartan chassis which in my opinion rise far better than a Freightliner. You can pick them up considerably below 100,000. The one thing about owning a diesel pusher and HAVASU is options for service, there’s only one shop in town and you will wait months for anything to be done.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We had a bunch of Fleetwood revolution LEs, They are one of the few motorhomes with a 15,000 pound towing capacity and they are on a spartan chassis which in my opinion rise far better than a Freightliner. You can pick them up considerably below 100,000. The one thing about owning a diesel pusher and HAVASU is options for service, there’s only one shop in town and you will wait months for anything to be done.

theres several diesel shops in Havasu?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
theres several diesel shops in Havasu?

A lot of diesel shops avoid motorhomes like the plague. When I was a bus driver in college, only the freightliner dealership would touch them for repairs.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok I am kinda at the point my head is spinning.. lol

So I’m gonna back the criteria up to the basics.

Family of five
Sxs
Mini Sxs
Motorcycles / quads / fuel / generator / gear

Wants to go camping on the cheap.

Now to the more specifics

I bought a speed car and I bought the extended warranty.. what does that mean Dave??

When you buy that they setup several full on catered group rides you can attend at various locations.

Glamis, Moab, and many other spots. I want to hit some of these.

Stacy now has a team of eight agents.. when the kids get out of school realistically there is nothing holding us here. If it’s a motorhome (not a fifth wheel) we have a mobile office that she can work out of and we could literally go anywhere we want?

upside of a fifth wheel is I can buy one right now for like 20-30k that will fit my hauling needs..

Now this thread has turned to DP’s and Super Ac’s.. but I watch hammer and Johnny pull similar loads with their gassers??

so I’m wondering if we have crossed over into rdp land where it’s over the top or nothing.. lol

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Ok I am kinda at the point my head is spinning.. lol

So I’m gonna back the criteria up to the basics.

Family of five
Sxs
Mini Sxs
Motorcycles / quads / fuel / generator / gear

Wants to go camping on the cheap.

Now to the more specifics

I bought a speed car and I bought the extended warranty.. what does that mean Dave??

When you buy that they setup several full on catered group rides you can attend at various locations.

Glamis, Moab, and many other spots. I want to hit some of these.

Stacy now has a team of eight agents.. when the kids get out of school realistically there is nothing holding us here. If it’s a motorhome (not a fifth wheel) we have a mobile office that she can work out of and we could literally go anywhere we want?

upside of a fifth wheel is I can buy one right now for like 20-30k that will fit my hauling needs..

Now this thread has turned to DP’s and Super Ac’s.. but I watch hammer and Johnny pull similar loads with their gassers??

so I’m wondering if we have crossed over into rdp land where it’s over the top or nothing.. lol

Are you planning on taking the kids sxs, quad, generator, etc etc to the trips out to glamis/moab? Or will you only bring the Speed car? If you will only be using the fully loaded setup within 20min of town, and just the sxs on the longer trips, a class A gasser will do just fine. If you are planning on trying to haul 7-8k lb from havasu to Moab, I would say that you would really be pushing it.

Like it or not to the towing police on RDP, motorhomes get overloaded all the time, with that said, Hammer and Johnny overloading their gasser to go from Riverside to Glamis is a bit different than you overloading your gasser to go from Havasu to Moab.