WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for recommendations

mandella1day

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been very lucky over the past few months on Craigslist and found a glass 360 and a wood 360! The glass 360 will be my wife’s and I will be enjoying the wood one. My question is I would like to upgrade the bindings to something newer. My back foot just moves around all over the place with the slip in rear binding. Does anyone have a recommendation for a newer style bindings that won’t break the bank? Or does any one have some laying around they would like to sell? I would need a large and my wife would be a small or medium.
Thanks
Joey

Attachments

• A414B195-03CA-40E8-A62D-356D94825B45.jpeg
    A414B195-03CA-40E8-A62D-356D94825B45.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 158
  • E9B87BB6-76E2-4A06-8D07-58E1FE34F4BE.jpeg
    E9B87BB6-76E2-4A06-8D07-58E1FE34F4BE.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 159
  • 1CBB0F38-9CD2-4BBD-8416-E421868704AA.jpeg
    1CBB0F38-9CD2-4BBD-8416-E421868704AA.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 167

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I run Connelly Stoker bindings on my 360's. My only complaint is they don't last as long as the old favorite HO bindings. They run about $250 a set, can be adjusted to hold your foot as firmly as you would like.

racektm

Reaction score
Barry's correct, I use the HO's as well. Your best bet is to look for old slalom skis that have double high wraps, you can usually pick those up pretty cheap.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Barry's correct, I use the HO's as well. Your best bet is to look for old slalom skis that have double high wraps, you can usually pick those up pretty cheap.

The finger holes eventually pull out of the HO. The new Connelly have straps that go to the bottom of the binding so that you don't pull them apart.

mandella1day

Reaction score
I run Connelly Stoker bindings on my 360's. My only complaint is they don't last as long as the old favorite HO bindings. They run about $250 a set, can be adjusted to hold your foot as firmly as you would like.
Thanks Barry, I think those are what we are gonna go with.

mandella1day

Reaction score
I have been looking for skis just for the binding but they always seem to be the wrong size!

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Thank you for the link! But I think Barry has me sold on the straps over the holes!
Too bad you and your wife don't use the same size. You might enjoy skiing on the glass 360 in the smooth water, and she might enjoy the wood one in the rough.

Halvecto

Reaction score
Thank you for the link! But I think Barry has me sold on the straps over the holes!
It is tough to find good, used double bindings. The Wileys are well built with high quality rubber. If these are just cruising/play skis, you don't need to get a really tight-fit binding, which will also alleviate too much pulling and tugging to get them on. Tip, if you have a high arch or wide forefoot, the HO can feel tight, which is why I use a size bigger. I put XL HO Animals, which have the nylon pull strap, on my 360 and the whole family with all kinds of feet size and shape has used the ski. Although, my girls prefer the old Vogues with some newer HO bindings or Mom's Brad. Some of the HO models have a thin sheath of neoprene over the rubber that gives them a little more durability.

OHHH YAAA

Reaction score
I have a pair of HO 98 bindings I’m looking to get rid of. The rubber is soft and they are comfortable, but a little small for me. I was saving them for my son, but his feet are bigger than mine now. I have them listed in the pro shop section with more pics. One strap is broken, but I used it for a year or so until I found some bigger bindings. It looks like you might be able to buy the replacement strap on the Wileyski website? They are size Large if you’re interested.
AABADD0E-6AAE-4831-A6B7-94227FA3F49D.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halvecto

Reaction score
I have a pair of HO 98 bindings I’m looking to get rid of. The rubber is soft and they are comfortable, but a little small for me. I was saving them for my son, but his feet are bigger than mine now. I have them listed in the pro shop section with more pics. One strap is broken, but I used it for a year or so until I found some bigger bindings. It looks like you might be able to buy the replacement strap on the Wileyski website? They are size Large if you’re interested. View attachment 874766

Yep. I had a similar problem. Called Wileys and they cut a new piece custom. They have the templates to cut and replace about any rubber or neoprene. Much cheaper than buying a whole new boot. Had it to me in just a few days.

LB247XS

Reaction score
I use HO VENOMS love them easy to get in and the stay comfortable I have them on 3 of my skis
BEMIS 72" wake jumper
MAHA 70" 360. GLASS
VOGUE 70" squaretail

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mandella1day

Reaction score
I have a pair of HO 98 bindings I’m looking to get rid of. The rubber is soft and they are comfortable, but a little small for me. I was saving them for my son, but his feet are bigger than mine now. I have them listed in the pro shop section with more pics. One strap is broken, but I used it for a year or so until I found some bigger bindings. It looks like you might be able to buy the replacement strap on the Wileyski website? They are size Large if you’re interested. View attachment 874766

[/QUOT
I think i will pass on those but thank you for offering them!

Daytona47

Reaction score
I have a glass 360 do I have to drill new holes into the ski to install these

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I have a glass 360 do I have to drill new holes into the ski to install these
Yes, I fill the old holes with JB Weld since it's dark grey, but you could use normal epoxy, or probably even silicone. I suggest figuring the depth you need to drill and putting a piece of tape on the drill bit so you don't go through the ski. I do some careful measuring prior to marking holes to center the binding and put the front heel where I want it. Most modern bindings have a series of adjusting holes, so I try the ski before I anchor it down "permanently" with silicone. A small bit of silicone on the screws may help them from backing out as well.

Daytona47

Reaction score
Yes, I fill the old holes with JB Weld since it's dark grey, but you could use normal epoxy, or probably even silicone. I suggest figuring the depth you need to drill and putting a piece of tape on the drill bit so you don't go through the ski. I do some careful measuring prior to marking holes to center the binding and put the front heel where I want it. Most modern bindings have a series of adjusting holes, so I try the ski before I anchor it down "permanently" with silicone. A small bit of silicone on the screws may help them from backing out as well.
Thank you I will look into it