WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for some info (superchargers)

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
So I picked this up yesterday for the ol lady for her 40th birthday. Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi. It's going in next week for the front windows to be tinted and to have it lowered, leveled and new wheels and tires so it'll be more of the SRT8 stance. I'm looking to do a supercharger, I see there is a few plug and play kits out there, Whipple, Pro Charger, ect.. was wondering if any inmates have any experience or input on any of these kits for this application. Just looking for some feedback before I drop $6k on a kit. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

20200218_165258.jpg

20200218_170515.jpg

Attachments

• 20200218_165258.jpg
    20200218_165258.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 72

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Whipple hands down. Twin screw all day.

Magnuson would be next choice, but I don't think they make a 2.3 TVS for your app.

The Eforce kits suck. Same with any Centrifugal on the street.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Sell it and go buy a Trackhawk ! Once you start with the supercharger , it's a domino effect , that $6K is only the beginning !

No thanks on the Trackhawk, not spending that kind of $.

I dont really see the domino effect(that's why I'm not going turbo) in what I am wanting to do. The Whipple and the pro charger kit seem pretty dialed in for plug and play, using all factory connectors ect. From that point it's just making sure the tune is right which is no big deal.

BONER

Reaction score
I've done a few Procharger installs on that motor. They are very plug and play.

Call Tom @ AMP Performance. 602-437-2727. He's one of the Country's largest Procharger Dealers, so he's able to pass on the discounted pricing to guys like you. Maybe he can beat what you've already been quoted.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The Procharger kits are killer. They make way more power than you could ever possibly need. (I have installed em)

Any kit you pick will get you a substantially reduced fuel mileage, regardless of how it is driven. (From a customer that did a Whipple on his Suburban)

It will most likely void any warranty you might have.

Good luck!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
The Procharger kits are killer. They make way more power than you could ever possibly need. (I have installed em)

Any kit you pick will get you a substantially reduced fuel mileage, regardless of how it is driven. (From a customer that did a Whipple on his Suburban)

Good luck!

Fuel mileage is definitely one thing I'm trying to keep in mind. But her daily now is an 89 K5 Blaxer on 36s with 1 ton running gear and the stock TBI 350. So I dont think it can be much worse..lol

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Fuel mileage is definitely one thing I'm trying to keep in mind. But her daily now is an 89 K5 Blaxer on 36s with 1 ton running gear and the stock TBI 350. So I dont think it can be much worse..lol

The customer was trading it in when I was chatting with him. He couldn't afford to keep it, cause it got 8mpg no matter how he drove it. He tried to sell it, but no one would buy it from him. He probably didn't get jack for it on the trade in, but he didn't have much choice. Labor to remove would have been costly...

Choose wisely. Especially for your wife!

AEA

Reaction score
So I picked this up yesterday for the ol lady for her 40th birthday. Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi. It's going in next week for the front windows to be tinted and to have it lowered, leveled and new wheels and tires so it'll be more of the SRT8 stance. I'm looking to do a supercharger, I see there is a few plug and play kits out there, Whipple, Pro Charger, ect.. was wondering if any inmates have any experience or input on any of these kits for this application. Just looking for some feedback before I drop $6k on a kit. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 846407

View attachment 846409

Since this car is for your wife, does she want the blower? Sounds like you could probably save the hassle and the money unless this is really for you.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Good luck!

Driven normally with a good tune you will not see reduced mileage with a Whipple or TVS. There is virtually no parasitic loss at such low boost levels.

The right foot though will definitely cost mileage when under boost.

I could get 17 out of a 2.3 whippled Lightning making 500/600 rwhp/rwtq.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I've got a de-badged white 2018 Trackhawk. Never felt so comfy with that warranty. I lowered it on the eibach springs and the ride is great. Also blacked out the brembo yellow calipers while they were doing it. Going stealth mode. Most don't know what it is until I pass them and they hear it.

Good luck on your build.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Since this car is for your wife, does she want the blower? Sounds like you could probably save the hassle and the money unless this is really for you.

Yea youd have to meet my wife to understand.. HP junkie and total stop light racer. We where into atv sanddrag for a long time, we had some of the fastest bikes in the country at the time and she was my jockey. Also jockey for few of the top builders in the industry. There is a local SRT8 jeep with a complete hellcat conversion that she really wanted but she will have to settle for this as I dont want to buy someone else headaches if I havent had my hands in it. She will end up at the strip on street night and wouldnt be surprised if we end up running some street races. Wont be super fast but will hopefully satisfy her craving..lol
20170812_203051.jpg
20171201_184811-1.jpg
20200219_162910.png

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Driven normally with a good tune you will not see reduced mileage with a Whipple or TVS. There is virtually no parasitic loss at such low boost levels.

The right foot though will definitely cost mileage when under boost.

I could get 17 out of a 2.3 whippled Lightning making 500/600 rwhp/rwtq.

I'm sorry...

Did you say 2.3L engine?? Pushing around how much weight?? Do you think that is a fair comparison to a full size SUV with a big V8 in it??

Just checking...

;)

I put the Pro Charger I did on a Ford Raptor. You don't wanna know what kinna mileage he got! lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yea youd have to meet my wife to understand.. HP junkie and total stop light racer. We where into atv sanddrag for a long time, we had some of the fastest bikes in the country at the time and she was my jockey. Also jockey for few of the top builders in the industry. There is a local SRT8 jeep with a complete hellcat conversion that she really wanted but she will have to settle for this as I dont want to buy someone else headaches if I havent had my hands in it.

She will LOVE the Pro Charger then!! 👍

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm sorry...

Did you say 2.3L engine?? Pushing around how much weight?? Do you think that is a fair comparison to a full size SUV with a big V8 in it??

Just checking...

;)

I put the Pro Charger I did on a Ford Raptor. You don't wanna know what kinna mileage he got! lol

No he mean't 2.3L blower on a 5.4L engine.

The Whipples (and most blowers) have a boost bypass so when you are cruising they make no boost and use less power to operate, giving you better fuel economy than driving around making boost all the time at all throttle positions.

The Raptor had shitty MPG before you put the Procharger on it.. then it got worse :)

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm sorry...

Just checking...

;)

I'm sure he was talking about 2.3.L Whipple , not engine. ;)

spectras only

Reaction score
No he mean't 2.3L blower on a 5.4L engine.

The Whipples (and most blowers) have a boost bypass so when you are cruising they make no boost and use less power to operate, giving you better fuel economy than driving around making boost all the time at all throttle positions.

The Raptor had shitty MPG before you put the Procharger on it.. then it got worse :)
5.4 would be a Ferd, Jeep is either 4.7 or 5.2 L or up on late models. And yes, the 5.7 in this Jeep he posted is a thirsty MOFO as is already. 8MPG with supercharger is a sure thing, ask my wife who has a N/A Hemi AWD🤣

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
5.4 would be a Ferd, Jeep is either 4.7 or 5.2 L or up on late models. And yes, the 5.7 in this Jeep he posted is a thirsty MOFO as is already. 8MPG with supercharger is a sure thing, ask my wife who has a N/A Hemi AWD🤣

Yea, but @Runs2rch was talking about the supercharger on his Lightning, 5.4 Ferd.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Whipple all day long over the rest of the crowd. Just better all the way around. Prochargers get pretty hot, and have a pretty good HP parasitic draw.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yea youd have to meet my wife to understand.. HP junkie and total stop light racer. We where into atv sanddrag for a long time, we had some of the fastest bikes in the country at the time and she was my jockey. Also jockey for few of the top builders in the industry. There is a local SRT8 jeep with a complete hellcat conversion that she really wanted but she will have to settle for this as I dont want to buy someone else headaches if I havent had my hands in it. She will end up at the strip on street night and wouldnt be surprised if we end up running some street races. Wont be super fast but will hopefully satisfy her craving..lol View attachment 846458 View attachment 846455 View attachment 846456
About 2 years ago we were down in Buckeye with the mud trucks. Sand drags there had a girl embarrassing all the boys on billet block customs...really got my daughter's attention.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
About 2 years ago we were down in Buckeye with the mud trucks. Sand drags there had a girl embarrassing all the boys on billet block customs...really got my daughter's attention.

That's what starts it! And next thing you know you are hundreds of thousands deep with no return.. it was a great time in our lives, but I cringe when I think of the $$$ we put into it. Looks like a cheap sport at first but, dont let that fool you..haha ask @n2otoofast4u ... mater of fact the 2nd pic is her on his turbo, nitrous bike in Dome Valley Arizona. When you start traveling all over the country to compete $$..lol

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Speaking of mpg....... My Trackhawk gets 12-13 with mixed hwy/city driving. Taking a long cruise to Phoenix with cruise set at 85, I can get up to 16mpg. All on premium gas too though.

2016ViperTA

Reaction score
Whipple for all the reasons already mentioned. If you're in LHC and find someone to install, LMK , as I'd like to have their 2.9L kit installed on my Raptor.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Speaking of mpg....... My Trackhawk gets 12-13 with mixed hwy/city driving. Taking a long cruise to Phoenix with cruise set at 85, I can get up to 16mpg. All on premium gas too though.

I just cant wrap my head around the cost! And I'm pretty sure I can make the 5.7 compete with the trackhawk. With pullies and a tuner things could get interesting..lol

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Whipple for all the reasons already mentioned. If you're in LHC and find someone to install, LMK , as I'd like to have their 2.9L kit installed on my Raptor.

Sorry I dont live LHC.. and I will do the install and tuning myself..