WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for some info. ?

milkmoney

Reaction score
We are looking at property in the Williams , AZ area. Jus wondering if anybody knows any good info on the area. Where to buy , where not to, good and bad in the area etc etc.

We have searched some info on the Internet. Just looking for some real life input.

Thanks in advanced [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
The Polar Express could prolly use a milkman this time of year.
Sorry, not helping. Passed thru there a few times. What makes u wanna buy there?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Can't offer any info as where or what to buy. I think there's only one grocery store and zero department stores, unless something new has popped up. Have to drive to Flag for any variety, which is not that far 30-45 miles. Williams is about 90% tourism, beautiful country though and really cold in the winter. [emoji202]

78Southwind

Reaction score
Cool, Dave...:thumbup: Are you looking for investment, vacation or residence? I really like Williams and Flagstaff, good luck.

milkmoney

Reaction score
We r looking for property to live at permanently, we be our residence. My wife loves small town and so do I and will jus have one kid left in the house as the other will be off to college.

We can buy property and build a house as we will need to build a barn for horses and chicken coupe also and with having a couple beef cows.

Or buy property with a house etc. it gets me close to the river and looks like it will give my wife her different seasons that she wants. And be able to keep the horses and other animals.

Thanks for the info so far. [emoji106][emoji106]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Need to add. We r in the first stages off looking. Will be making the move within the next year or so. [emoji106]

Seems to be a area that is win win for everyone.
Me - back to river
Wife - keep animals and keep her seasons
Emmie - keep her animals too and introduce them both to the river area , Emmie loves the water [emoji215][emoji202][emoji106]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We r looking for property to live at permanently, we be our residence. My wife loves small town and so do I and will jus have one kid left in the house as the other will be off to college.

We can buy property and build a house as we will need to build a barn for horses and chicken coupe also and with having a couple beef cows.

Or buy property with a house etc. it gets me close to the river and looks like it will give my wife her different seasons that she wants. And be able to keep the horses and other animals.

Thanks for the info so far. [emoji106][emoji106]

What kind of boat are u gonna get? I want a ride in something fast [emoji6]

milkmoney

Reaction score
What kind of boat are u gonna get? I want a ride in something fast [emoji6]

Lol. I am not sure yet. I am sure there a lot faster boats out there than what mine will be. [emoji202]

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My sister just retired and is starting to build about 16 north of Williams last week it was 12 out. Way to cold for me. What kind of info are you looking for?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
MM, take a look at Prescott area, not a small town but it has suburbs and the winters are a little milder. Maybe even closer to the river than Williams.

milkmoney

Reaction score
My sister just retired and is starting to build about 16 north of Williams last week it was 12 out. Way to cold for me. What kind of info are you looking for?

My wife jus said That's cold. Lol.
Jus looking for personal experience info. Anything really. Opinions etc.

We might make a run out there at Xmas time. Or wIt and spend a couple extra days out there when we come out for desert storm.

Looking for an area that is small town and country living where it's not to hot or to cold and is within a few hours of Parker , where we can have property where we can have animals.

Thanks

milkmoney

Reaction score
MM, take a look at Prescott area, not a small town but it has suburbs and the winters are a little milder. Maybe even closer to the river than Williams.

Can I buy land and have animals in that area ?

milkmoney

Reaction score
All depends on zoning but there's a lot of ranching around Prescott. Shouldn't be a problem.

Ok. Cool. Will look into it. [emoji106]

Have no problem living away from people and big city life. Plus need smaller school for Emmie.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Ok. Cool. Will look into it. [emoji106]

I know you won't mind a little thread jack in your own thread, but Courtney is off the market as of today. Just thought you should know. [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
I know you won't mind a little thread jack in your own thread, but Courtney is off the market as of today. Just thought you should know. [emoji202]

Thread jack is good [emoji106]. Really. Who got her ? What's the other blondes name.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Thread jack is good [emoji106]. Really. Who got her ? What's the other blondes name.

Graham Rahal, son of Bobby Rahal Indy driver.

Brittany is the other one and available as far as I know. [emoji4]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Graham Rahal, son of Bobby Rahal Indy driver.

Brittany is the other one and available as far as I know. [emoji4]

I know the Rahal's, Not a bad choice.

I think Courtney is the one I like best. Since the older sister didn't have my baby. [emoji202]

Dettom

Reaction score

Prescott is nice. Have you looked at Payson? It's a little northeast of Phoenix and about 4 hrs to the river. Nice place.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Don't forget to build a guesthouse out back for your friends when it's too hot in Parker. :)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Absolutely. PM me and I'll send you my dads contact info. He's a 20+ year real estate agent/resident of Prescott. YOPENGO has worked with him and can give you some details from his trip to Prescott.

Ok sounds good. Pm coming. Thanks.

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
My niece lives in Williams. It's a very small town that relies on tourism to survive. Beautiful area once your out of the tourist area with plenty of outdoor activities. If you can deal with all the foreign tourists , limited stores to shop at and no local medical resources than you might like it. We visited once, my daughter forgot shoes to hike around in when we went to the Grand Canyon. Not one store sold shoes, unless you wanted moccasins.

HavaToon

Reaction score
My niece lives in Williams. It's a very small town that relies on tourism to survive. Beautiful area once your out of the tourist area with plenty of outdoor activities. If you can deal with all the foreign tourists , limited stores to shop at and no local medical resources than you might like it. We visited once, my daughter forgot shoes to hike around in when we went to the Grand Canyon. Not one store sold shoes, unless you wanted moccasins.

This is very true. Williams is great for tourists or hunting. My dad and his buddy's will be Elk hunting their the day after Thanks Giving. If you need any real shopping you'll have to make the 30-45 minute drive to Flagstaff.

milkmoney

Reaction score

Ok. Thanks We don't need to work there or depend on any income from the tourist industry. So we wouldn't really be dealing with that , and don't want to deal with it. Lol
Might be a little small if no medical or even a place to buy shoes. Do like the area and driving to flagstaff for shopping is ok

We are looking at places in Prescott area right now. And my wife is liking what she sees in the Prescott area. And I might need a job at some of the prices. Lol.

milkmoney

Reaction score
This is very true. Williams is great for tourists or hunting. My dad and his buddy's will be Elk hunting their the day after Thanks Giving. If you need any real shopping you'll have to make the 30-45 minute drive to Flagstaff.

Don't mind driving for shopping. My wife plans to go back to training horses and we will be at the river also. [emoji106][emoji106]

HavaToon

Reaction score
Don't mind driving for shopping. My wife plans to go back to training horses and we will be at the river also. [emoji106][emoji106]

Prescott would be much better for your wife to train horses. It's home to the worlds oldest rodeo. Plus you are closer to the river/lake than Williams by almost an hour.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Prescott would be much better for your wife to train horses. It's home to the worlds oldest rodeo. Plus you are closer to the river/lake than Williams by almost an hour.

Ok very good. Win win. Her horse and my river. Lol. She is looking right now at pics of the Prescott area stuff for sale.
Sure sounds like Prescott might be a better location all around.
Thanks [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
MM. Buy a ranch near Prescott. The biggest issue with Williams is Water or lack of. Many people have to BYOW.

Gotcha. Kinda noticed that about the water as I was searching around.
Yes it seems that Prescott for ranches is what my wife is liking. $$$$$ damn.
I would hate to have to work again. Lol
Thanks.

My wife jus said she would like to find a nice small community

milkmoney

Reaction score
She said she likes the size of Williams and Prescott is a maybe and she liked payson,
The thing with Prescott is the size of the high school ( student population ).
Oh my. And we jus started. I need a drink [emoji12]

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Prescott is nice. Have you looked at Payson? It's a little northeast of Phoenix and about 4 hrs to the river. Nice place.
Or Heber, or Show Low, or Strawberry, or Camp Verde, or Cottonwood...

Reaction score
Williams gets hammered with weather the next few months. If you don't mind the snow and cold it's a nice place.

Besides az is closed. Move back to Vegas.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Williams gets hammered with weather the next few months. If you don't mind the snow and cold it's a nice place.

Besides az is closed. Move back to Vegas.

No Vegas. Need a ranch. And not blasting heat in the summer , can go to Parker for heat , now she is looking at page and showing me pics of Powell saying that's cool and not even knowing what she is looking at. Lol.

God help me [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
I tell ya, if I didn't have to work, Payson would be the place I would have a house.

And ur reason for that ???
Please tell.

My wife jus comeback with I do like Prescott.
She thinks page is nice

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
And ur reason for that ???
Please tell.

My wife jus comeback with I do like Prescott.
She thinks page is nice
It's 90 minutes from PhX, up in the pines so summers are nice but they dont get the winters like Flag. Big enough town to get some niceties but not huge. About 45 mintes to Roosevelt or a little bit farther to Apache Lakes. The rim area is really nice part of the state.

milkmoney

Reaction score
It's 90 minutes from PhX, up in the pines so summers are nice but they dont get the winters like Flag. Big enough town to get some niceties but not huge. About 45 mintes to Roosevelt or a little bit farther to Apache Lakes. The rim area is really nice part of the state.

Ok sounds good. Thank you. For taking the time. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
We can be neighbors. [emoji106] I'm use to living near assclowns. If I can talk my wife into Prescott. [emoji14]

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
No Vegas. Need a ranch. And not blasting heat in the summer , can go to Parker for heat , now she is looking at page and showing me pics of Powell saying that's cool and not even knowing what she is looking at. Lol.

God help me [emoji202]

You can go stay at the ranch until you find a place. There's only one neighbor 1/2 mil. to the west and only an hour to Parker. :thumbup:

IMG_326.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
We can be neighbors. [emoji106] I'm use to living near assclowns. If I can talk my wife into Prescott. [emoji14]

I thought u were moving to east coast.

Pics I have seen of Prescott and how close to the river. I would go tomorrow if I could.

Assclown. Noted[emoji12][emoji202]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I thought u were moving to east coast.

Pics I have seen of Prescott and how close to the river. I would go tomorrow if I could.

Assclown. Noted[emoji12][emoji202]

Yea... I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Changes weekly. [emoji53]